• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Spoiler:
I don't think you should delete your post and then repost it, it could annoy some of the other users.... oh and I have changed the script for you in the spoiler, its in red what has been changed, just so you know when making new scripts
#raw 0x12 = left
#raw 0x13 = right

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Everything you need is here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Anyway, I have a problem with my script, everything works great apart from "applymovement 0x7 @move3
applymovement 0x8 @move4"
When the script activates they just dont move, at all
Heres the full script
Spoiler:

You forgot to put waitmovement 0x0 after the movement command pointers so the script is finishing before they can take a single step.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
i have a question.

how do we make an OW appear and stay visible.
i placed the OW as hidden in the beginning of d script
then the usual
showsprite command
applymovement
after the applymovement command the OW disappears again.
how do I fix this?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@masterquestmq: It's easier to do it with flags than by using hidden movement which can be pretty buggy.
You do it like this:
Assaign OW flag you already used it game, then when you want to make OW appear, clear that same flag and OW is visible forever (until you set that flag again that is)

jukin8

Suicune Man
Years
Everything you need is here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Anyway, I have a problem with my script, everything works great apart from "applymovement 0x7 @move3
applymovement 0x8 @move4"
When the script activates they just dont move, at all
Heres the full script
Spoiler:

Ive already checked there like the sprite reappears as son as i move how do i stop that from happening?

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Ive already checked there like the sprite reappears as son as i move how do i stop that from happening?

Seems like you need to use Hidesprite and setflag for the sprite to stay hidden after the script is over, which.... are both fully detailed in the link I posted last time.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2013
Hey there everyone. I was wondering if anyone could please help me figure out why my script will not start. I don't know what I have set wrong but I have setup the green S things on AM with the script loaded into them but walking on them does nothing at all.

Game: Pokemon Fire Red Version
Type: Trigger
Editor: PKSV
Script:
Spoiler:

Screenshots and/or videos:
Spoiler:

Way I want it to work is that if you stand on either of them the event will be triggered and Prof. Oak will walk up and the script will play through until done. But for some reason I stand on the squares that should activate it and absolutely nothing happens. I would appreciate any help in this matter. Thank you in advance.

Edit:
Oh and in the script at the beginning "setvar 0x4001 0x1" is for the right S box. For the left box change it to "setvar 0x4001 0x0".

Last edited:

TheOrangePichu

Currently working on new hack
Years
Can someone help me out with this script, when I step on the green square it just freezes and nothing happens

Spoiler:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Can someone help me out with this script, when I step on the green square it just freezes and nothing happens

Spoiler:

Your script seems to be fine, so I assume that you have not changed the green script box's unknown and variable number boxes. Change them to match the picture below and hopefully everything should work.

diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial said:
after%20change.jpg

TheOrangePichu

Currently working on new hack
Years
I'm using Advance Map 1.95 so the unknown is only two numbers long. It appears as $00 then is does $0000

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
what's the flag or command that needs to be used in order to activate bill's pc?

do we use the special 0x3C command?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
what's the flag or command that needs to be used in order to activate bill's pc?

do we use the special 0x3C command?

You have to set the flag 0x834 in order for it to display Bill's name in the PC menu. Special 0x3C actually opens up the PC menu instantly when put in a script so it could be useful in its own circumstances.

wierddude22

New hacker
Years
My script just makes you freeze at the door, its meant to stop you from going out of the house.

Spoiler:

Any help

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
My script just makes you freeze at the door, its meant to stop you from going out of the house.

Spoiler:

Any help

You need an 'end' command in the second #org script. Why did you set a flag in the 'prevent leaving' script? That will just get set over and over again until he does what he's supposed to.

Also, I'm not sure if #raw 0x09 is a command in XSE default raw format, but I'd recommend using text commands, as it could get confusing otherwise.

One more thing, have you set the 'var number' to 4051 and the 'unknown' to 0003? If you're hacking anything other than firered, those values might have to be different, but in any case, failing to place them will freeze the player upon stepping over the script tile.

TorNyan

Hacker
Years
Game: FireRed Type: Person Event Editor: eXtreme Scipt Editor (XSE) Script: GivePokemon and hidesprite
Spoiler:

Basically, you're supposed to talk to a Poliwhirl OV and he will join your party and the Pokemon Menu should be unlocked.
It works fine except that when I enter a warpzone and re-enter to where Poliwhirl was, he's back!
And yes, I HAVE set his ID to 0901 and he is Person Event no 1.
I've looked at other people with similiar problems and tried lots of different things, but I can't get it to work and I would really appreciate your help!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Game: FireRed Type: Person Event Editor: eXtreme Scipt Editor (XSE) Script: GivePokemon and hidesprite
Spoiler:

Basically, you're supposed to talk to a Poliwhirl OV and he will join your party and the Pokemon Menu should be unlocked.
It works fine except that when I enter a warpzone and re-enter to where Poliwhirl was, he's back!
And yes, I HAVE set his ID to 0901 and he is Person Event no 1.
I've looked at other people with similiar problems and tried lots of different things, but I can't get it to work and I would really appreciate your help!

When I tried using a different a different flag (0x200 to be exact) the script worked perfectly. This leads me to assume that the 0x9XX flags also overlap with other data, similar to how the 0x5XX flags also correlate to the trainerbattle flags. Anyway try using a flag from another area and everything should work :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
When I tried using a different a different flag (0x200 to be exact) the script worked perfectly. This leads me to assume that the 0x9XX flags also overlap with other data, similar to how the 0x5XX flags also correlate to the trainerbattle flags. Anyway try using a flag from another area and everything should work :)
I agree with that. Flags over 0x900 do not work as desired (I did check it myself :D)

wierddude22

New hacker
Years
Well i have adjusted my last script, but it still doesn't work
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back