• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Uh, umm, is there anyone who can tell me where to get ALL of the Madios and their rough stats? I know it's kind of cheap to take the surprise out of the game, but I'm in love with the Madios, especially Seamadio, and help would be appreciated! Also, Cutlerie, this hack is AMAZING! The new mons, story, and INFURIATING puzzles are great! REALLY great! I love it!

All the Madios are in the Madio Caves, except for Kingmadio which is on Mirage Island. Their base stats vary between species, but in general the total is somewhere between 320 and 490.

This game is phenomenal! I love the whole Zombie idea and how half of the world has already been deserted thanks to the zombies. I swear if I were to go pick up my Ruby right now and play, I'd be thinking "When did that get there!?! I thought it was destroyed by the-....Oh nevermind..." =P Anyway, love the game. Keep up the good work!

Thank you, but Snakewood is almost finished now. I've already started work on a few future projects - which should be better-scripted, thank God.

Decent hack, I'm in Victory Road atm, but just wanted to report that Magnemite learns Thundershock THREE TIMES o.o;

also there are a number of mapping glitches (movement permission errors/improper tile use) but most of them should be fine.

Also, a lot of the battle scripts will not occur again if you lose to them (you probably already know this). Like the Lilycove battle at the top floor, I lost to him and the event did not occur again :/

Yes, this game is rather shoddily made. It's because I learned as I went along. I'm actually competent now - but the damage has been done, and Snakewood remains very buggy and unstable. Future work from me will be of a more playable standard, I hope.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
May I ask what's left to be added? (Not asking for a release date, but what will be in future release/s)

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
u know, i think im gonna become a zombie trainer. call me retzrded, but im gonna train zombie pokemon. gonna use my catch trainres pokemon cheat and have a whole party of zombies! that sounds cool, right? and im sorry to you cuterline because i know that isnt what you intended it to be but i wanted a chance to have and train a zombie! i mean seriously, isnt that what everyone( who hasnt lost their mind) wants? to have their own zombie pet XD. ima catch all your zombies cuterline! just like them *****s. stds, gotta catch them all XD

oh, also, love the game, ive played it over 3 times!

ok...... just realized, i hacked and cought a zombie pokemon.... but the behind sprite of it isnt recolored like the others........ XD well you did say we wernt meant to get them.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
May I ask what's left to be added? (Not asking for a release date, but what will be in future release/s)

Shaderu and the other 47-odd Broken Hearts. I don't think I'm going to unlock the stadium or anything; Snakewood is too buggy for that to be worth it. I'll just do those last couple of things and call it a day.

After that, I'll be releasing the next installment in the celebrated minihack, then (possibly) a little something I call a moviehack, and then it'll be time for Keratin. Fun fun fun.

And that's pretty much my entire agenda. It isn't very well-planned.

Actually, I think I'll go add Shaderu and the Broken Hearts right now...

OK, I've done that. Owing to a couple of problems, there are only 10 Broken Hearts. And I'd like to say that that's probably the last update to Pokémon Snakewood. I'll finish on a reference, if you will.

It's been emotional.

Last edited:
Years
Besides the unmapped secret areas and things without sprites, it's actually complete? When I am able to play it I will and I'll try to complete all 100 of those requirements. Excellent game you made Culterine, by the way Pokemon Ruby was the first game I played and it's nice playing a completed ROM Hack of it besides Quartz, Light Platinum, and Ruby Destiny (RoL & RR). By the way can you get Torchic as soon as you can access the Ocean Current west of Pacifidlog?

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
ok, do i need to start it over? i got hm surf off of the magicarp and thats exactly where i am right now. do i still need to reset it? also a glitch, in petelburg, theres a house that warps you to route 131.

oh, and i thought you said you were done with snakewood? and glitches and scripting dosnt matter if you got a solid storyline. even the best hacks have there fair share with glitches. so id really like to complete this 100% and i probaly will too if it was complete. like i said, ive played it over 3 times and love it.

Edit: oh if you use throttle in fortree gym, you run off the page.

Last edited:

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
hell yeah, i just snagged all 6 denjuu, scar lugia, ho-oh, and A monster...... pokedex entry for that one was funny. it was:
this is aweful. just horrible. (shudder)
XD cuterline, if we wernt supposed to catch them, how come you made pokedex entrys for them? and hey, dont quit snakewood before you finish everything in it. as i have said before, and it was on this thread too, do not stop this hack because ive seen a lot of hacks good hacks go down for diffrent reasons. the programmer was lazy, they couldnt find anyone to do spriting, stuff like that. plz dont ditch it. oh, and that mini hack your doing, will it be something like snakewod when you become the zombie? XD thatd be funny.

Cutlerine

Years
hell yeah, i just snagged all 6 denjuu, scar lugia, ho-oh, and A monster...... pokedex entry for that one was funny. it was:
this is aweful. just horrible. (shudder)
XD cuterline, if we wernt supposed to catch them, how come you made pokedex entrys for them? and hey, dont quit snakewood before you finish everything in it. as i have said before, and it was on this thread too, do not stop this hack because ive seen a lot of hacks good hacks go down for diffrent reasons. the programmer was lazy, they couldnt find anyone to do spriting, stuff like that. plz dont ditch it. oh, and that mini hack your doing, will it be something like snakewod when you become the zombie? XD thatd be funny.

I'm stopping because it's done. The main storyline, 99% of everything else I ever wanted to put in it... there's about 1% left, and I just don't want to put it in, because the rest of the game is so full of bugs that it wouldn't work. It's not even an important thing. Snakewood is pretty much done.

I made the Pokédex entries for uncatchable Pokémon half out of habit (because I always make Pokédex entries for all the other fakemon) and half to amuse myself.

The minihack appeared here once before; it tells the story of the son/daughter of Michelle, the navigator aboard the mysterious submarine S.S. Cangrejo, three days before it first ran aground in Hoenn underneath Slateport. The first section, which is the part that everyone has seen before, was one massive Portal reference. The next bit is... well, you'll have to wait and see.

After Beating The Champion What Will I Do? I can't Go To Sotopollis [Sotopollis Is The Demon/Zombie Base Rigth?]

Go out of the League building and walk south. Birch will call you, unless it glitches up, which it might just do. Then go to Lilycove and enter the sewers.

ok, do i need to start it over? i got hm surf off of the magicarp and thats exactly where i am right now. do i still need to reset it? also a glitch, in petelburg, theres a house that warps you to route 131.

oh, and i thought you said you were done with snakewood? and glitches and scripting dosnt matter if you got a solid storyline. even the best hacks have there fair share with glitches. so id really like to complete this 100% and i probaly will too if it was complete. like i said, ive played it over 3 times and love it.

Edit: oh if you use throttle in fortree gym, you run off the page.

From where you are, you don't need to start again. You can just go, I think. And trust me, the best hacks don't have half as many glitches as Snakewood. Future work of mine will run much, much better - in fact, it already does.

Besides the unmapped secret areas and things without sprites, it's actually complete? When I am able to play it I will and I'll try to complete all 100 of those requirements. Excellent game you made Culterine, by the way Pokemon Ruby was the first game I played and it's nice playing a completed ROM Hack of it besides Quartz, Light Platinum, and Ruby Destiny (RoL & RR). By the way can you get Torchic as soon as you can access the Ocean Current west of Pacifidlog?

It's pretty much complete, yes - but achievements in red are still unachievable. And no, Torchic is only available later in the game - either after you beat the Elite Four or after you speak to Professor Birch's fan in Pacifidlog Town, I don't remember which.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Two questions:
1. Will you ever repost the original mini hack
2. What precisely do the Broken Hearts do again?

Cutlerine

Years
Two questions:
1. Will you ever repost the original mini hack
2. What precisely do the Broken Hearts do again?

1. The minhack is all one game. So I'll be posting the original - you'll just be able to continue after the original ending.

2. After collecting all 10 Broken Hearts, you bring them to the Collector for your special prize. Figuring out what to do with the prize is as difficult as getting all 10 Hearts, if not more so...

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
ok, stuck on the last gym. the eigth. i beat monsterous norman and all the sages in the gym, i talk to the mirror and i cant challenge the gym! wtf do i do!!??

Cutlerine

Years
Wait, Pokemon Keraten or something like that is comeing back?
Nice, I look forward playing it cutlerine.

If you mean the minihack, it was called Pokémon Cangrejo, because that's the name of the submarine.

If you actually do mean Keratin, then you'll have to wait. I've been struck with apathy on seeing how huge the map for Voltaire City is, and can't bring myself to finish it yet.

ok, stuck on the last gym. the eigth. i beat monsterous norman and all the sages in the gym, i talk to the mirror and i cant challenge the gym! wtf do i do!!??

I believe I put instructions in the first post.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
ok so i go into the deedly sevens gym and the tiles are all random. like theres a bookcase in one place and pink tiles and then theres entryways and trees that can be walked through. its a ness. is it supposed to do that? theres not really any way to the next room. i think thats a major glitch...... that means no senex!!!!! i mean i get its the deadly sevens gym but, not even a script or a battle when i enter! its also still saying that i need 50 broken hearts when i enter the berry masters house.... i think i have a glitch going......... major glitches with my save...... ****! I GOTTA RESTART FOR THE THIRD TIME NOW!!!

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
ok so i go into the deedly sevens gym and the tiles are all random. like theres a bookcase in one place and pink tiles and then theres entryways and trees that can be walked through. its a ness. is it supposed to do that? theres not really any way to the next room. i think thats a major glitch...... that means no senex!!!!! i mean i get its the deadly sevens gym but, not even a script or a battle when i enter! its also still saying that i need 50 broken hearts when i enter the berry masters house.... i think i have a glitch going......... major glitches with my save...... ****! I GOTTA RESTART FOR THE THIRD TIME NOW!!!

This is not a glitch. The inside of Black Rock is meant to look like that; it's a place outside of the normal laws of reality. There is no next room. The Deadly Seven are not even there; it's a very avant-garde sort of Gym. That is to say, it's really, really weird and stupid.

Also, it says 50 Broken Hearts because I forgot to change the text. I should probably do that some time.

This Hack is Great.. (: Really like the story line

Thank you. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
then what is there to do in it? i cannot even find senex and what black rock you talkin about willice?(aha! see, i can do refrences too!) now seriously, what black rock?
edit2: strength wont work cause you need the forth badge for it! damn! now where do i get it!!??
edit3: any hints as to faceleeches location and how the hell do you break the box in the museum? and really, that ending was horrible. talking to landon and may, that was stupid! what was the point? i was expecting some backround info like how he got the eyes and all that and why does everyone know him?? oh, and another thing,in achievements it says you have to kill gleis, are you able to do that in the current version and also fight steven stone as well?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2011
Yo Cutlerine great poke hack, great plot, A-OK Fakemon theres a problem im having though im at gym island and ive beaten every gym but when i go into asimov's gym theres no senex....daymnnnn
and where can ya exactly get Tea and turmur?

Last edited:
Back