• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2018
Could someone explain me something: My Metapod only evolved in Butterfree at level 11, so he didn't learn Confusion(I didn't stop him evolve, in other games it evolves at level 10), is it part of this game(if so what level will he learn Confusion), or a bug?

I'm not exactly sure on that but I think it only efface the scripted catterpue (the one you found at lv 5 in your first step into the grass in viridian forest) but it'll be more of an incentive to let it free later in the game...

Oh and are the "banned" episodes part of this hack? (the jinx and porygon ones)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
can't we get raft again??
Do you really want to know? :D

~Mitchel1
Spoiler:
o.O 0.0 O.o
Is world going to end? :D

After the mewto event i went to the pokemon center, but when turned on the PC there was no WARP-option. Just OKA's PC, My PC, Prof. OKA's PC. please help i cant go on with the story! :)
If there's no warp option you must have forgotten to activate it...
That's really not good... you must use walk through walk cheat... I'm worried that it's the only way how to get outta there.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
Hey guys, so after evolving Charmender in Charmeleon he won't obey me, which is exactly is in the anime, but in the anime there comes a time when Charizard will start to obey Ash, so when is that time in the game, or how do i make it obey me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2020
It have been reported, but just to make sure that Metapod don't forget.
I'm replaying 3.6.1, and I got a bug that wasn't in the previous version. When I exit Rock Tunnel, the videophone doesn't ring, so the whole episode "The Misty Mermaid" doesn't occur. Restarting game or emulator don't change it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
Just checked a video about this misty mermaid episode, when I left the cave I never actually got a phone call either lol. Maybe because I never did the prehistoric pokemon episode that I accidently skipped. xD Hopefully once the fulled hack is done, I can go back through and do them all.

Dark Sonic

Chaos Control!
Years
Good job Metapod 23 for making this hack. So far this the best pokemon hack i ever played and keep on with the good work. one more thing when will the new beta come out? :)

AshKetchumisnumber1

Pokémon Master
Years
It have been reported, but just to make sure that Metapod don't forget.
I'm replaying 3.6.1, and I got a bug that wasn't in the previous version. When I exit Rock Tunnel, the videophone doesn't ring, so the whole episode "The Misty Mermaid" doesn't occur. Restarting game or emulator don't change it.
that's not a bug.. just really weird

Hey guys, so after evolving Charmender in Charmeleon he won't obey me, which is exactly is in the anime, but in the anime there comes a time when Charizard will start to obey Ash, so when is that time in the game, or how do i make it obey me.
charizard will start to obey u in the event Charizard Chills... but unforuantely that wont be til beta 4.0 which might not be released for a few more months.. sorry just gotta get lucky i guess if u want him to obey before then

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2023
n00b here.
I just want to say thank you, my good sir, for developing this hack. I've always dreamed about a version that follows in the tradition of the anime & you just made that dream come to reality. I've played the beta all the way & now I can't wait for the orange island episodes! Keep up the amazing work Metapod23!

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
i got a glitch for you in the area of the squirtle squad event, you cant run in that part of route 6

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2013
pretty sure its not meant to be like this since it doesnt follow the anime but in kogas gym after you beat the girl kogas not there and cant even reach the stage, path where theres no mirror still wont let me pass. how get badge?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2020
I'm really enjoying this game, but I struggle to keep up with everything that Ash has supposed to do so I probably missed some events :s

(I never got a butterfree or pidgeotto for example ...and squirtle doesn't come with everstone so woopsie evolved him) Is it possible to put a diary sorta thing in the Pokecentres?

Like saying by now you should of 'Name of Event'
Your pokemon should be 'Name of Pokemon'
Look out for 'Name of Pokemon' xD

It'll be so much easier aha xD (I never knew that Caterpie and Pidgeotto were scripted battles !)

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2020
Pinotti, I don't know why the Misty Mermaid event wouldn't activate. As soon as you take a step after leaving of the cave, a message should appear saying the phone is ringing, and then you should be able to talk to it.

The only reason that wouldn't happen is if someone was messing with bad eggs in their boxes.

Yeah, that's very strange. I checked the area wit advance map, the event is there. But I think there is another reason, because I'm only using box 1, and it doesn't have any bad egg. Don't tell me that just looking at the box where they are can glitch the game.

Edit:Well, since we can't have the Super Rod, wen can't do "The Evolution Solution".

Last edited:

AshKetchumisnumber1

Pokémon Master
Years
Yeah, that's very strange. I checked the area wit advance map, the event is there. But I think there is another reason, because I'm only using box 1, and it doesn't have any bad egg. Don't tell me that just looking at the box where they are can glitch the game.

Edit:Well, since we can't have the Super Rod, wen can't do "The Evolution Solution".
dude your kind of suppose to catch a shellder at the north pole for the evolution solution event... i found that out when i restarted the game..

BlastoiseBrother

on a mission from God
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
I finished all the mount hideaway events but when I go to talk to Professor Oak about opening the pokemon league i don't get nothing help me someone?

BlastoiseBrother

on a mission from God
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
i didn't move any eggs though

all oak talks about is taking care of one of my pokemon and that's it

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
Those bad eggs sucks a lot, Ow MY GOD!
Does someone tell us, how don't be affected by them?!
Why they exist? Can metapod fix this bug?!
These bad egg mess up with all game. ****!

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Those bad eggs sucks a lot, Ow MY GOD!
Does someone tell us, how don't be affected by them?!
Why they exist? Can metapod fix this bug?!
These bad egg mess up with all game. ****!

The bad eggs are likely created due to changing the values of certain variables during certain events. It may be possible to determine through thorough testing which variables (if any) are safe to use and will not create bad eggs, but at the moment it is not a priority. If you don't move the bad eggs, they shouldn't affect gameplay.

The reason that the Misty Mermaid event should activate is because the initial script is set to activate when a particular variable is set to 0. Since all variables are set to 0 when the game starts, there's really no reason the event shouldn't activate.

The only other requirement to it activating is having the 7th Gym Badge from Blaine.

Back