• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
The egg i got from the daycare couple hatched into a Tyrouge. While nothing's really wrong with that, The Fighting Guru at Mt.Mortar is supposed to give you the only Tyrouge in the game. Aside from Togepi, Tyrouge is the only baby pokemon that can't hatch from that egg. Not really a problem since it is a baby pokemon and that egg is supposed to hatch a baby pokemon, but just something to ponder about.

Umm... Yeah. You COULD get Tyrogue from that egg...

I know because I remember doing it on the original Crystal version. It not only hatched, but came out shiny, which is why I remember it so well.

Years
If I recall, in the Original Crystal the odd egg had a high chance of having a shiny pokemon.

Odd EggC: From the Day-Care Man, will hatch into a Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, or Magby that knows Dizzy Punch. It has a 14% chance of being Shiny in international versions. In the Japanese version, it is available by trading in the Egg Ticket from the Day-Care Man at the Pokémon Communication Center in Goldenrod City and has a 50% chance of being Shiny.

CrimsonK

That one guy.
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Oh wow, well i guess i'm wrong then. And you must have been one happy kid.

Yes. Yes, I was. Lol. That Hitmonlee turned out to be pretty beastly with mind reader and Dynamicpunch. Was a little disappointed that it turned from blue to green when it evolved, though.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Can someone tell me if there is a more difficult liquid crystal version? My bayleef is leveling up like crazy from level 3 Pokemon.

Years
i want to make a lets play of this or livestream but either i get the issue when recording with fraps that i dont have enoguh space even though i have like 500 gb of space on my computer and when i try to livestream it goes to 100% cpu and then doesnt livestream very well can somebody help me?

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
Don't suppose there is a guide or a more indepth map to this game. I mostly want to know how this game got changed in terms of getting all the legendary pokemon, and some of the secrets

EDIT: Also if anyone knows where to buy Super Repel or Max Repel that would be amazing, surfing is becoming irritating with all the random encounters.

Last edited:

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
On GPSPhone, Pokemon seem to give crazy amounts of EXP. My Nidoking recieved 8000+EXP by KOing a single Electrode, you know the one at Team Rocket's Base. Thing is, this doesn't occur on VBA, where it gives the usual 500~600 EXP.

Years
HELP
how to go to seafoam island?
how am i gonna catch lapras.. it keeps freezing the game whenever i enter the lapras cave(union cave).?

pirateof7sea

I shall crush your hope even if there is none.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
For items such as the Thick Club...where are they obtainable?

You can get it from Cubone's held item, it is random.

How to get pass the 'invisible wall' at second Elite Four run? I tried patch using Live Beta's but the result still same and I dont feel like using 'Walks through wall' because it always give me bad egg.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Last edited:

tbaumjrjr

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2012
So i'm sorry to repost, i'm just so stuck. I have gotten my ticket stamped and the sea pass, but cannot locate the undersea express... I have been to the undersea cavern and attempted to dive upwards in several locations but i have never made it to the orange islands. am i missing something? i have made it to the dragons den, the type master people, the sapphire, and a lot of other locations but don't know how to get to the orange islands...is there a train, if so where? is it a dive pool?

Years
So i'm sorry to repost, i'm just so stuck. I have gotten my ticket stamped and the sea pass, but cannot locate the undersea express... I have been to the undersea cavern and attempted to dive upwards in several locations but i have never made it to the orange islands. am i missing something? i have made it to the dragons den, the type master people, the sapphire, and a lot of other locations but don't know how to get to the orange islands...is there a train, if so where? is it a dive pool?

Undersea train is under usual Route 27, which leads to Tohjo Falls (southeast from New Bark Town). You can surf there from New Bark Town without diving.

Years
Ok, well, I've come across a bunch of oddities, I wouldn't really call these problems just some weird things that shouldn't be.

That same Gardevoir traced a Pikachu and the Ability is copied was called Saturn.

You will also notice that the second villian team has the name SATURN now . in the previous 2.1 beta it was STATIC... i think LaZ has changed the word Static into SATURN in this beta

Years
And one more thing. I think that I am not first person to write this, but in the Cave of Wisdom game always freeze when I beat lvl. 32 Dodrio (despite writing on the statue "lvl. 52 Nidoking, or lvl. 55 Lanturn - it is always different). Is it the end of this beta? Or is it possible to do this little quest and bring that Solar Rock to manager of teleport room?

Years
Don't suppose there is a guide or a more indepth map to this game. I mostly want to know how this game got changed in terms of getting all the legendary pokemon, and some of the secrets

EDIT: Also if anyone knows where to buy Super Repel or Max Repel that would be amazing, surfing is becoming irritating with all the random encounters.

You find Super Repels in all Marts starting from Goldenrod, if I'm not mistaken. As for Max Repels I suppose you have to wait till later in the game (like Mahogany or Blackthorn).

ch4r1zard

Burner of backsides
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
i was just gonna mention about the super exp gain but i see that other people are also experiencing it too :P....gaining 900 exp from a lvl 4 caterpie isnt that healthy...my totodile went from lvl 5 to lvl 19 against the rivals chikorita.

i only really updated to the live beta to benefit from the proper physical/special split.

(gameboid user)

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
To all who are complaining about EXP glitches: it is partially intentional and partially not.

The live beta recently had the BW experience system added to it. Oddly, I found none of these problems when testing it myself.

If one Pokemon receives less EXP than another in a split battle, that is because that Pokemon is a higher level. That is intentional, however, the no experience may be caused by a flag glitch - I shall need to investigate that.

I also did not find the slots glitch for exp gain that you are reporting. I suspect it is caused by the same glitch.

As to the super exp gain - I have no idea what's causing that, so could you give me some details to follow up on to see if I can fix it.

Also - we did say the live beta would potentially be very buggy!

Back