• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
Please next time, try to figure it out yourself, if your really really are stuck you can ask.

I'm not trying to be rude but please stop giving away answers, it's annoying and let people find out for themselves, it's not fun giving away answers and take the fun out of others enjoyment to the game.

That's not very nice of you. Maybe I asked because I searched for hours and I couldn't find anything?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I'm not trying to be rude but please stop giving away answers, it's annoying and let people find out for themselves, it's not fun giving away answers and take the fun out of others enjoyment to the game.

...seriously? If people are asking questions, why shouldn't we answer them? I can understand being upset about intentionally spoiling the game's plot or something but if it's obvious that people want help (as evidenced by the fact that they're posting here), it doesn't make any sense to deny them that help. And, if anything, refusing to answer their questions makes the game less enjoyable because if a person is unable to get past a certain part and nobody's helping them, they're just going to stop playing.

I understand where you're coming from. It's just that your suggestion is not at all practical.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
I'm stuck!! I got a call from Prof. Birch after I defeated Pestatine? (Can't really remember her name...) in Veranturf...

Where do I go now?

Sorry, didn't see this earlier. Let me help you:

Spoiler:

It's okay with us, your the only one who didn't beg for the answer. If your stuck on really hard puzzles, you can ask, but some are also on the main post, anyway, we give you guys clues to help yourself find the answers.That goes for everyone that's stuck,thanks.
And this hack got voted in HOTM? Never knew that, I would have voted for you though cuterline

I don't think the HotM voting is closed yet; if I'm right, it ends on the 1st of February. So, Tcoppy and all you (if any) who love Snakewood, go and vote!

Raaxon said:
Hahaha! Loved the TD reference.

"I do not need
A microphone!"

"My voice is-
Oh, wait, you won?"

Love how you cut him off just as he's about to swear.

Also, what was the point in putting a second Mush Mask into the game? And what's the Hard Solo Disk?

Who is it who says that again? I don't remember...

And where is this second Mush Mask? It really shouldn't be there! Tell me so I can remove it.

As for the Hard Disk Solo... Hehe. It's a secret. I will say that it does nothing right now - but eventually, it will do something very major indeed.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
To get kingmadio, do you need to go to mirage island or just swim around where mirage island is suppose to be??

PS: i voted for snakewood on HotM

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2011
this is the best Hack i have ever played, although I can not get passed the severed head on the first floor of Mt. Pyre.. can anybody help

Cutlerine

Years
The TD reference guy is on a little island-y bit near the 7 Status Fisherman, namely near the 'slow' Fisherman.

The second Mush Mask is underwater in a Dive spot near where the Hard Disk Solo is.

Thanks. I'll remove that right away.

Do I have to do an event? I beat Winona already. Do I have to trigger something?

Just go into the Gym, beat all the Trainers to activate the mirror, and solve the puzzle.

To get kingmadio, do you need to go to mirage island or just swim around where mirage island is suppose to be??

PS: i voted for snakewood on HotM

Kingmadio is indeed on Mirage Island. Obviously both Haruko and Feng Lei spent a very long time looking for theirs.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Love the romhack but out of curiosity, does Unown ever learn any move or can you teach it any tms/hms at all? If not I f***ed up royally ._.

Also what do we do with Broken Hearts?

Also no.2: Do i get the Strength HM via storyline or do I have to explore somewhere to get it?

And where is the Acro bike equivalent?

T_T is there a Toxic tm and where is it?

Sorry for all the questions ._.

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
...seriously? If people are asking questions, why shouldn't we answer them? I can understand being upset about intentionally spoiling the game's plot or something but if it's obvious that people want help (as evidenced by the fact that they're posting here), it doesn't make any sense to deny them that help. And, if anything, refusing to answer their questions makes the game less enjoyable because if a person is unable to get past a certain part and nobody's helping them, they're just going to stop playing.

I understand where you're coming from. It's just that your suggestion is not at all practical.
I'm not trying to pick a fight, but if you look around the entire thread, all these questions are already answered. I understand what your saying but with more people asking questions that already been answered, means thats spam, too much spam means this thread might be closed.

You should try inserting better tiles. If you cant do it (like me), then ask someone in the help recruitment thread.
Cutlerine already said he's keeping the R/S/E tiles cause this is a hack that takes place right after R/S/E in Hoenn. It doesn't make sence changing the tiles.

And Cutlerine I decided to make a youtube walkthough of this hack if thats fine.

Cutlerine

Years
Cracks knuckles for large post...

I'm not trying to pick a fight, but if you look around the entire thread, all these questions are already answered. I understand what your saying but with more people asking questions that already been answered, means thats spam, too much spam means this thread might be closed.

Cutlerine already said he's keeping the R/S/E tiles cause this is a hack that takes place right after R/S/E in Hoenn. It doesn't make sence changing the tiles.

And Cutlerine I decided to make a youtube walkthough of this hack if thats fine.

Do what you will in the way of walkthroughs.

You should try inserting better tiles. If you cant do it (like me), then ask someone in the help recruitment thread.

I do not wish to insert better tiles. Graphical quality has absolutely nothing to do with how good a game is, and if anyone says otherwise, they're completely missing the point.

So-called 'better' tiles are nothing but graphical junk food; they satisfy the eye but not the burning soul of the gamer. I prefer to focus on storyline, jokes, references and general gameplay than graphics. You can tell by the sprites, as well as the tiles. As long as you can tell what you're looking at, it's fine by me.

Not everyone agrees with me here, but I have made my position clear from the outset (I think I said something about it in the first post), and will stand by it until the bitter end.

Love the romhack but out of curiosity, does Unown ever learn any move or can you teach it any tms/hms at all? If not I f***ed up royally ._.

Also what do we do with Broken Hearts?

Also no.2: Do i get the Strength HM via storyline or do I have to explore somewhere to get it?

And where is the Acro bike equivalent?

T_T is there a Toxic tm and where is it?

Sorry for all the questions ._.

Broken Hearts... do nothing yet, but watch this space and don't sell them.

Unown... you will have to find out for yourself.

Strength is the last HM you get, and you can't get it yet. It will be a reward for defeating Senex at last (since it allows access to the three Legendary Furis).

The Acro Bike equivalent can be found in Pacifidlog Town in the form of the Air Treks, a gift from the oddly familiar Aeon Clock.

TM Toxic... may or may not be in the game yet. I'll check and insert it if it isn't.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
I do not wish to insert better tiles. Graphical quality has absolutely nothing to do with how good a game is, and if anyone says otherwise, they're completely missing the point.

So-called 'better' tiles are nothing but graphical junk food; they satisfy the eye but not the burning soul of the gamer. I prefer to focus on storyline, jokes, references and general gameplay than graphics. You can tell by the sprites, as well as the tiles. As long as you can tell what you're looking at, it's fine by me.

Not everyone agrees with me here, but I have made my position clear from the outset (I think I said something about it in the first post), and will stand by it until the bitter end.
You're damn right graphics dont make a good game! They only make good movies, and we're talking about games here! That's why Im loyal to Pokemon Ruby hacks like Snakewood since Fire Red ones are too graphic heavy anyways.

Now, back to the topic of Snakewood: As far as the achievments, there are 2 that Im still pondering as to if they're actually possible, which are numbers 49 (Find a mislabeled can) and 52 (Obtain a Pokémon with psychic powers capable of destroying the world). Any small tips?

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2011
So I Evoled the egg and, now I'm stuck with it.. what do i do? Give it a stone, oh wait it wont take any of my stones... can anybody help me?

Raaxon

Sephiroth never stood a chance
Years
So I Evoled the egg and, now I'm stuck with it.. what do i do? Give it a stone, oh wait it wont take any of my stones... can anybody help me?
The Egg evolved? You mean, once hatched, you evolved it? In that case, you need to level it up more and evolve again (lvl 43 or something). Then you can give it a stone.

Spoiler:

Hey, Cutlerine! I don't wanna tell you how to make your hack (as if you need my help anyway), but I reckon you should put in a Hyperegg evolution for Sun Stone. It's feeling a bit left out, the poor fella. Just 'cause it wasn't apart of the original Stone crew.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2011
Gah, i really have hit another obsticle.. I left completly away from fortree to Mauville city and now I can't get back.... I hate the decisions I make sometimes

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Just go into the Gym, beat all the Trainers to activate the mirror, and solve the puzzle.
Ummm..... a tiny problamo. There are no trainers, just something blocking me. NOTE TO ALL NEW PLAYERS: NEVER, EVER, USE WTWS. IT'LL MESS UP YOUR GAMES. I'm supposed to do something, right?

Cutlerine

Years
The Egg evolved? You mean, once hatched, you evolved it? In that case, you need to level it up more and evolve again (lvl 43 or something). Then you can give it a stone.

Spoiler:

Hey, Cutlerine! I don't wanna tell you how to make your hack (as if you need my help anyway), but I reckon you should put in a Hyperegg evolution for Sun Stone. It's feeling a bit left out, the poor fella. Just 'cause it wasn't apart of the original Stone crew.

Can't put in a Sun Stone one. There's a limit on how many evolutions one Pokémon can have.

I still don't understand why people are trying to hatch their Hyperegg. It has a base stat total that is significantly higher than the legendaries it hatches into.

You're damn right graphics dont make a good game! They only make good movies, and we're talking about games here! That's why Im loyal to Pokemon Ruby hacks like Snakewood since Fire Red ones are too graphic heavy anyways.

Now, back to the topic of Snakewood: As far as the achievments, there are 2 that Im still pondering as to if they're actually possible, which are numbers 49 (Find a mislabeled can) and 52 (Obtain a Pokémon with psychic powers capable of destroying the world). Any small tips?

No. 52: Read the Pokédex entries for your clues.

No. 49: Go for water.

Back