• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Some of you guys may have read my signature, but for those who haven't,
here's what I'm going to do.

When I complete the translation,
I'm going to release two versions.

Version I - With minor edits and no change in storyline (Original version)
Version II - With minor edits, a few changes in background stories regarding to Gym Leaders and the Elite Four in both regions, (Zheri and Lauren) and Ash's estate will be included. (Ash's wives + girlfriend will not included in the estate as the fans do not like it)

Many fans suggested that, so I'll be separating the two versions so that it'll be fair for everyone.

After the issues with Sarcastic Prince's translation, I asked for and received permission from Wesley FG to do a pure translation of Light Platinum. I've been working on it for about five days, and just finished the first gym. I'm currently working alone.

I'll be making small changes to a handful of trainer names (ex. Sheyla to Sheila), and I've already changed the Unova pokemon to their English names. Place names, and everything else that I can think of offhand, will be translated unaltered.

As of now, there are no bugs. Some cropped up, but they've been fixed.

Hope that helps ease some of what you guys were worrying about. :)

That won't be necessary. Version I is already pure enough.

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
After the issues with Sarcastic Prince's translation, I asked for and received permission from Wesley FG to do a pure translation of Light Platinum. I've been working on it for about five days, and just finished the first gym. I'm currently working alone.

I'll be making small changes to a handful of trainer names (ex. Sheyla to Sheila), and I've already changed the Unova pokemon to their English names. Place names, and everything else that I can think of offhand, will be translated unaltered.

EDIT: I've also repaired the starter script for the 2nd and 3rd gen starters, and I assume the process can be repeated whenever I get to the 4th and 5th. And some of the bugs mentioned earlier in the thread, such as the trainers taking minutes to load, I have solved as well. :D

The following paragraphs were intended to be a response to Sarcastic Prince's post, which was deleted, so the post automatically merged here. o.O

It's not really your place to tell me what's necessary or to say what's pure enough. You've proven yourself to the fanbase to be a poor judge of that. Wesley is not happy with your changes and wants me to create a version that is translated and bugfixed only. I don't need your permission, and this is happening whether you like it or not.

I don't really have an estimate of when I'll be done, but at the speed I'm going, I can't see it taking anywhere as long as it's taken you. I'll continue to post updates on my progress. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014

EDIT: I've also repaired the starter script for the 2nd and 3rd gen starters, and I assume the process can be repeated whenever I get to the 4th and 5th. And some of the bugs mentioned earlier in the thread, such as the trainers taking minutes to load, I have solved as well. :D

The following paragraphs were intended to be a response to Sarcastic Prince's post, which was deleted, so the post automatically merged here. o.O

It's not really your place to tell me what's necessary or to say what's pure enough. You've proven yourself to the fanbase to be a poor judge of that. Wesley is not happy with your changes and wants me to create a version that is translated and bugfixed only. I don't need your permission, and this is happening whether you like it or not.

I don't really have an estimate of when I'll be done, but at the speed I'm going, I can't see it taking anywhere as long as it's taken you. I'll continue to post updates on my progress. :)

If you need help with the Translation I'm here for you.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
TheDemetrious1: Thanks, man. I've ran into a few hiccups, but I've managed to overcome them all so far.

You can be SURE I'll be posting here if I come across anything I can't deal with on my own. I'm no hacker, and have had to give myself quite the crash course to get this in the state it's in now. I'd have certainly saved myself a few hours if I had been able to ask and quickly receive help a few nights ago. But, honestly, just knowing there are people who want what I'm working on is help all on its own. :P

SarcasticPrince: If you'll check my profile, colcolstyles has verified that he is aware Wesley has given me permission. But just to smooth things over, here's the answer to the first PM I've sent him. Subsequent PMs confirmed it, and he's aware I'm working solo now.

Thanks for helping me and some fans of pokemon platinum light, we are making a second translation team (SonicBlazePlatinum), I already told SP to stop making changes, and only translate, but if you do not mind translating the game and I would be very happy, just and correct translation Bug's (change the names of Japanese pokes 5 °), talk to SonicBlazePlatinum he had this same idea, so they could help one another.
(I did talk to SonicBlazePlatinum, but he was no longer participating. And regardless, at least starting out, I did prefer to work alone. :))

EDIT: Also, seriously, look up 'fortune' in the dictionary.

Last edited:
Years
Actually we never talked, I don't even know you except that you seem to be a fan of Pokemon:WARPED by Magneto20 and AndyP519. Also Welsey allowed me to translate the ROM Hack and allow me to make a harder X like version. I even have a private message to prove it. I'd rather play SP's version first since he is more done, and the changes kinda make it more interesting. Otherwise it's a Ruby hack with new tiles, and 16 gym badges.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Uh, check your PM, man. I PMed you asking if you were translating it, you said no, you were working on a Septo Conquest remake. I can post it here if you like.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Actually we never talked, I don't even know you except that you seem to be a fan of Pokemon:WARPED by Magneto20 and AndyP519. Also Welsey allowed me to translate the ROM Hack and allow me to make a harder X like version. I even have a private message to prove it. I'd rather play SP's version first since he is more done, and the changes kinda make it more interesting. Otherwise it's a Ruby hack with new tiles, and 16 gym badges.

Thank you for your support, man.
You really are a true friend.

Ash, my friend/partner, is now helping me fix a few bugs.
He is currently helping me fix the black screen issue.
But that'll be done soon, and I can get back on track very soon.

Years
The only PMs I have are from Magneto20, SP, and WesleyFG. I did say I was working on Septo Conquest Deluxe but that was to Magneto20. Anyways just so people know I am on SarcasticPrince's side and will use his translation to make my own X version of Light Platinum. Yes I did get his permission, it even says so in a PM I got from him.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
Snakebyte when do u think u will be done with the translated version and also is it going to be playable on android phone

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I wasn't saying anything about 'sides'.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3978/proofyi.png

I talked to SBP, as Wes's message instructed. Not sure why he's denying it. It's clearly right there.

He said that he never talked to you because it was only one reply.
Now, stop this argument or else this thread will be locked again.

Snakebyte when do u think u will be done with the translated version and also is it going to be playable on android phone
You should be asking me this question. Anyways, it depends. Once I get the patch back from Ash, it'll only take a week or two.

Also, since Snakebyte just started, it will take him at least two months.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Actually, yes, thread, I do in fact have a mission for you.

WOULD YOU, LIGHT PLATINUM FANS, CARE TO EMBARK ON A QUEST OF EPIC IMPORTANCE?

Someone whom I trust to work with me has contacted me privately, and we'll be splitting the project. If anyone has a save file (save state or ingame, doesn't matter) from somewhere near the middle of the FULL PORTUGUESE version, it would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED if you would post it in the thread or PM it to me.

It'll still get done either way, but this'll speed things up quite a bit.

Thanks! I'll get back to work now. :P

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
Ight man ill keep a look out for your update my only question is will it work for android phone

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I have no idea. Download the Portuguese version from Wesley FG's site and test it. If that works, so will this.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2011
I need help. Well, I downloaded the Gameboid app for my Android phone, but it always gives me a white screen. I tried changing the save type to 'Flash (128KB)', but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone who owns an Android phone, and uses the Gameboid app, or atleast anyone, who can fix this, because I really want to play 'Pokemon Light Platinum' on my phone, so I can play while mobile. So anyone wanna help?

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
Years
I have no idea. Download the Portuguese version from Wesley FG's site and test it. If that works, so will this.

Well, I had posted this before, but was ignored. To make it work on an Android phone or gpsphone this is what you have to do.

Hey guys!

As no one really responded to my last question and ignored it, I set out to find the solution myself and I have found it.
source: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12327.0

All you have to do is edit the header with this tool: http://www.romhacking.net/utils/542/ and set it to this data:

POKEMON EMER
BPEE
Nintendo

EDIT: This is to solve the white screen that appears on the GameBoid emulator for Android.

Good luck with the translation Snakebyte!

I need help. Well, I downloaded the Gameboid app for my Android phone, but it always gives me a white screen. I tried changing the save type to 'Flash (128KB)', but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone who owns an Android phone, and uses the Gameboid app, or atleast anyone, who can fix this, because I really want to play 'Pokemon Light Platinum' on my phone, so I can play while mobile. So anyone wanna help?

Hey guys!

As no one really responded to my last question and ignored it, I set out to find the solution myself and I have found it.
source: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=12327.0

All you have to do is edit the header with this tool: http://www.romhacking.net/utils/542/ and set it to this data:

POKEMON EMER
BPEE
Nintendo

EDIT: This is to solve the white screen that appears on the GameBoid emulator for Android.

This is what you have to do.

Last edited:
Back