• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Xero-chan

Raver
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
Well I'd just like to say I had the same issue as the past 10 people who are complaining about the white screen.

But I read a couple of posts and followed directions, I only had to venture back one page. I also changed to Real World Clock and Save Type -> Flash 128K and redownloaded the Ruby ROM following the advice for googling it. And voila, my problem was solved having done both.

Got the hack working, can't wait to try it out. Was referred by a member on Vocaloid Otaku forums~

Awesome hack Wesley, 'grats on the awards as well.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2017
I found a pokeball with an elekid in the place that you walk in by the side of the lab. Is that an easter egg?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
How on earth are there people still posting about problems patching?! There is a patched version on Wesley's site!

EDIT: Ah. It's down. Still.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2013
I got platinum version to work on vba but it wont work for my gameboid on my droid and im not really into playing on my computer. the graphics are glitchy and everytime I use platinum on vba my computer tells me my graphics have changed.

Xero-chan

Raver
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
How on earth are there people still posting about problems patching?! There is a patched version on Wesley's site!

EDIT: Ah. It's down. Still.

I noticed as well. I could just put together the same ZIP or RAR he made for the portuguese version. I'll patch the English version and just provide the VB Advance and whatever else he provided in his other version. He used different file sharing sites, one of them is apparently not stuck with a "inactive link for 30 days and we delete file" rule.

I'm thinking if this guy wanted a mirror he would've made it by now though..

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I have a question. When I downloaded the game, it said it is a .ips

How do I play the game? Someone PM me with EXACTLY what to do please :)

I got platinum version to work on vba but it wont work for my gameboid on my droid and im not really into playing on my computer. the graphics are glitchy and everytime I use platinum on vba my computer tells me my graphics have changed.

Search the thread there is already a tutorial for your problem or check my profile..

Xero-chan

Raver
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 31, 2012
The GFX thing happened to me, I enabled Vsync and it fixed it. Though the audio can be choppy at times, but it's doing a lot better with Vsync on. It doesn't bother me much.

As for the .ips problem you need to use Lunar IPS, a program you use to patch the original Pokemon Ruby Rom (and roms in general). There's a tutorial here somewhere for IPS files I'm sure of it, use the search bar on the forum to your advantage.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2014
Is it just me having this problem or is everyone?

Okay so I have the rod, I go fishing and assigned it to a button. I go to fish and press A when I get a bite but POOF the Pokemon escaped! So what the heck am I doing wrong, I even undid the assigned button and did it from the menu and STILL nothing. I tried looking for guides, and watching videos but found nothing.

I want that Seadra for the carvanha! :(

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2016
Can someone please help me with what to do with the glitchy trainer? I can't go any further in the game because of it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2014
Just an update, i've tried several differen't things and still havng the same issue. I'll go up to something using my super rod, the thingwill pop up "Oh you got a bite (etc.)", click the "A" button to catch it!!! "The fish got away". -.-; This is getting a bit tedious, sense I want my flippin Seadra before i move on. Would be nice to have a decent water/dragon type. Any known fixes to this?

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2016
Can someone please help me? I can't get past this trainer because it goes all glitchy, there is a screen shot attached, please someone help me, and don't just ignore this.

Attachments

• Light Platinum_01.png
    Light Platinum_01.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 53
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
Let's Playing Light Platinum

My first post here just letting you know Westley that I love you're Hack rom and I am currenly let's playing it on my channel.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2016
My Magmortar can't learn Fire Blow, glitch, or do I have to get another pokemon? :\

Years
I don't know if this question has already been asked, but is it possible to have one of your pokemon staying out of its pokeball and following you all the time, just like the gym leaders and all the other in-game people ? Cause I think it would be awesome to have my Charizard following me all over the place :p

Could anyone tell me how to get out of the Seanport city gym (I think it's Seanport, anyway the water-type gym). I've just beaten Lucas but now the bridges have disappeared and I can't get out... I keep pressing the buttons but nothing happens. I have no escape rope... I'm trapped :(

Last edited:

yab

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2015
[SIZE="a"]Location of octillery? I've been looking forever.[/SIZE]

Back