• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Ok. I'm sure you guys are aware of this, but there are tons of movepool errors. Starmie can't learn thunderbolt or ice beam? Typhlosion can learn ice beam??? Yeah.

Also, the move tutor that shows up in front of Goldenrod city's game corner twice a week on Wed & Sat does not show up again after the first purchase. In the originals, you had a chance to learn one move each time he showed up if I remember right.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
And what if it never becomes fully supported by gpsphone. Consider the fact that we have not the equipment to test it, and most of the glitches reported by users aren't replicatable on PC, so we can't fix them.

Oh okay i got what your saying, thanks much! I was just kinda curious about the whole gpsphone compatibility, cause the the first post he said he was going to try to make it fully supported by all the emulators. And I wasn't too sure what semi-supported meant

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Great work LAZ and crew.

I was just wondering, since you said you have (or will?) add a physical/special split to moves, could you perhaps give us a list of the altered moves? I don't think that the elemental punches were affected at all in 3.1. I can also see how you wouldn't want to change vine whip, since that would make growth useless for bellsprout.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
So I loaded an older save from before I entered the cave of wisdom and since I reached the end of the beta, I decided to play around with the FireRed walk through walls cheat. Firstly, I found a second cave of wisdom just east of leaf bay city. I also cheated my way into the old mansion north of leaf bay, and found some pretty interesting stuff :D

There were some walls I couldn't walk through, surrounding leaf bay, so I was kept from going to any of the other islands. I'm kind of glad I couldn't get to them. Looking forward to the next beta!

EDIT: wait I didn't find a second cave of wisdom! The game looped back around to route 50 O.o

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
What is semi-supported?
I'm trying to play this on my phone (Galaxy Note) via Gameboid
It can run Emerald well
What does 'Semi supported' mean? and does anyone know any other programs that can emulate this game on android phones?

What is semi-supported?
I'm trying to play this on my phone (Galaxy Note) via Gameboid
It can run Emerald well
What does 'Semi supported' mean? and does anyone know any other programs that can emulate this game on android phones?

owiat ignore this I understand now
But why question is,
What is a IPS?
Do I just get the patch and patch it over fire red then give the rom to my phone?

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Great work LAZ and crew.

I was just wondering, since you said you have (or will?) add a physical/special split to moves, could you perhaps give us a list of the altered moves? I don't think that the elemental punches were affected at all in 3.1. I can also see how you wouldn't want to change vine whip, since that would make growth useless for bellsprout.

Believe me, I checked. The elemental punches are PHYSICAL. And when I say I checked, I mean I sat and watched the game in a debugger from the read of the category byte right through to the read of the physical attack and defense stats.
They are definitely physical.

BTW, I don't see why people hate Ruby tiles so much, either. The only graphic I hated from Ruby/Sapphire was the faces of overworld sprites. Something about having no noticeable mouth, combined with the shading making the head look like a ball or something, irks me. Nonetheless, I don't think your game looked ugly at all, fwiw.

Struggling to see how this is in any way relevant, given that the game is based on FireRed. But anyway, I couldn't stand the RSE graphics personally, and I found the OWs particularly irksome, just like you.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
Believe me, I checked. The elemental punches are PHYSICAL. And when I say I checked, I mean I sat and watched the game in a debugger from the read of the category byte right through to the read of the physical attack and defense stats.
They are definitely physical.

Struggling to see how this is in any way relevant, given that the game is based on FireRed. But anyway, I couldn't stand the RSE graphics personally, and I found the OWs particularly irksome, just like you.

Dude i cant play your game:Pokemon Thunder Yellow 2.0 link is broken can you post a new one cuz megaupload was shut down! plz i really want to play

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
jambo, thank you so much for your help. It kinda makes me mad tho, cuz I already took ice punch off of my feraligatr and replaced it with dragon claw. Ah, whatever, all I really care about is that physical waterfall, lol gatr and gyarados had to wait a while to get it!

BTW, I was accidentally referencing another hack, sorry about that :D !

Also, the link in your sig leads to megaupload, I think oyu already know why that's a problem :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2012
I have a question. How many moon stones are findable in this game and can you buy them anywhere by any chance?

I know I got one but there are at least 4 different pokemon in Liquid Crystal that require a moon stone.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Dude i cant play your game:Pokemon Thunder Yellow 2.0 link is broken can you post a new one cuz megaupload was shut down! plz i really want to play

Also, the link in your sig leads to megaupload, I think oyu already know why that's a problem :(

I don't even have the patch any more, sorry. And yes, I am aware, I just never got around to removing it from my sig.

jambo, thank you so much for your help. It kinda makes me mad tho, cuz I already took ice punch off of my feraligatr and replaced it with dragon claw. Ah, whatever, all I really care about is that physical waterfall, lol gatr and gyarados had to wait a while to get it!

BTW, I was accidentally referencing another hack, sorry about that :D !

You're welcome. Glad to have been of help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Hey man. GREAT HACK. Found some bugs in the latest Live release but most of them seem to already be stated except for the ones about the 17 Type Masters. Just stayed up till 3 am to complete it using a Team of Level 80s. First of all, I hope the "prize" will be changed. A Pearl? Really?

Anyway, some bugs I discovered:

1. The Dragon trainer's Salamence has Hydro Cannon. Probably should be Hydro Pump.
2. The Electric trainer's Jolteon has Rain Dance, but Thunderbolt not Thunder... why have Rain Dance without Thunder?
3. After you complete the entire thing, you cannot talk to the Dragon trainer you just defeated.
4. After completing it, I went up to see if I could enter the above chamber (and got told no as normal). I then moved down to the center of the arena, where there was an invisible barrier. I clicked A and it froze the game.

Great game so far really, had a blast playing through it.. Just wanted to bring the above to your attention. Except for that I think the 17 Type Masters is the best end-game content I've seen in a Pokemon game! :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2013
im playing it on gpsphone, dude only one fix is needed i guess everything else works fine, when in map and ask a info on a location it crashes and the blackthorn gym leader is a black patch (you can still battle her). Works fine im at elite four now. So everyone who wants to play it on gpsphone, it works fine!!!!

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
im playing it on gpsphone, dude only one fix is needed i guess everything else works fine, when in map and ask a info on a location it crashes and the blackthorn gym leader is a black patch (you can still battle her). Works fine im at elite four now. So everyone who wants to play it on gpsphone, it works fine!!!!

To add to what I posted above, the Mareep, EEPY you trade for in the second town has no ability.

All 3 of these we are aware of. The Mareep glitch is a 2 second fix, so it'll get fixed soon.

The Claire overworld sprite being bugged is a weird one, but it happens on all versions. We just need to find out why it happens and fix it.

The map glitch is (again) known, and we are working on fixing it.

Lucifer-san

[i]Recently Revived Zombie[/i]
Years
So yeah this may have been posted already but yeah after I got mt. silver and try to go to elite four I get stuck in the wall so can anyone tell me what is happening?

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2012
Sorry for asking twice but can someone please tell me how many moon stones you can get in the game?

The walkthrough (which I believe is a bit outdated) only mentions one moon stone you find but I know there are a bunch of pokemon in LC (Kadabra, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Skitty, Haunter ect.) that require a moon stone to evolve

I have a Haunter (yes I know about the Gengar event, but I prefer to catch and raise pokes from they're 1st stage) that I want to evolve with a moon stone but I'm scared to cause I don't want to be stuck with pokemon that can't be evolved cause I used a moon stone on my Haunter.

Gamerboy7991

Sorry for asking twice but can someone please tell me how many moon stones you can get in the game?

The walkthrough (which I believe is a bit outdated) only mentions one moon stone you find but I know there are a bunch of pokemon in LC (Kadabra, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Skitty, Haunter ect.) that require a moon stone to evolve

I have a Haunter (yes I know about the Gengar event, but I prefer to catch and raise pokes from they're 1st stage) that I want to evolve with a moon stone but I'm scared to cause I don't want to be stuck with pokemon that can't be evolved cause I used a moon stone on my Haunter.

I'm guessing you can get 3 moon stones since I got that much and got all 16 badges. I didn't go to the Orange Islands yet.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2012
I'm guessing you can get 3 moon stones since I got that much and got all 16 badges. I didn't go to the Orange Islands yet.

Thanks for telling me that, hmmm I think I'll use my 1st moon stone on Haunter then Jigglypuff and the third on Clefairy since I'm not a fan of Delcatty and Nidoking/Nidoqueen. I don't need Alakazam because I already got a Ralts in the beginning of my game on route 30 (EXTREMELY lucky since I trained on that route for 2 hours after that and never encountered another Ralts ONCE)

Back