• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Can someone please tell me where i can get Exp. Share ?:)
I know of two! Let me quote both passages from the walkthrough I'm writing (still early given I'm prepping for the Imatari Islands area now):

First, from Inhore City:

Before doing ANYTHING else, go to the University and get the Exp. Share from a man on the ground floor. Before turning around and leaving, head upstairs. Someone on the left side of the third floor somehow knows your name and offers you another free Pokémon (boy, aren't we special?).
(The University is due south of the Combee Ranch or whatever you call it in the north of the city.)

Secondly, after crossing the waterway which you cannot return south on until much later in the game (this is on Route 407), we have this passage for Bramboch Town due north of there:

There is a Larvitar to pick up in the first house, and a second Exp. Share (just in case you didn't get the first) at the north end of town to the left of the airport.
I'm rewriting this; it actually comes from the girl standing next to the Pokémon Center. North end has nada.

There could be others, but typically one is enough if used properly. :)

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
So my best poke was charizard at the water gym so I saved before the fight now the gym puzzle is undone and I can't leave the gym...

Fml I could just black out..... but I saw this is a major bug really

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So my best poke was charizard at the water gym so I saved before the fight now the gym puzzle is undone and I can't leave the gym...

Fml I could just black out..... but I saw this is a major bug really
You're not the first to report this. I've sent you a PM with directions on a way to fix it, but I might make a service out of this in the future. I've hacked a way out of the Gym in my copy by going through the walls (I'm not there yet, but in case I make the same mistake, I'm prepared), so I can take care of this service in the future.

Cyclone

Years
This is a amazing hack! I played through the entire game(caught ALL the legendaries) and I must say this is one extremely long hack! My team at the end was :Charizard Lv.75
Electivire Lv.77
Feraligatr Lv.75
Tyranitar Lv.72
Toxicroak Lv.72
Torterra Lv.58
Now I still need to beat the World Champion, but its only Lv 100 pokemon so I probably won't do it...
Oh, and I played the entire hack on a Flashcart for the GBA :)
No bro I will definitely make u say that you should have a go at the championship. Believe me it's not that hard

Years
stuck on 7th gym girl came out and i completely skipped what she said now i cant find the 7th gym leader :/

i wish dragons didn't suck till there final evolution ._.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
stuck on 7th gym girl came out and i completely skipped what she said now i cant find the 7th gym leader :/

i wish dragons didn't suck till there final evolution ._.
Wait a minute. The water Gym is the third Gym. Where on Earth are you located? I don't know the 7th Gym yet.

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Wait a minute. The water Gym is the third Gym. Where on Earth are you located? I don't know the 7th Gym yet.
Dude... you're slow xD

Thanks for the help before I just blacked out and beat it 7th is the ice gym
Gym Leader of the Ice Gym is in Mt. Icestorm. You need to meet up with her 2 times, though.
Firstly, you meet her near the entrance and secondly near to the exit.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Dude... you're slow xD
That's because...

Probably due to the fact that he is working on a walk through you know...;)
^ This.

I also took a break to see what's in the Ice Path in SoulSilver. I'm rather disappointed with the discovery: a Swinub and a Delibird. Delibird proves, well, useless...and Swinub based on my experience in this very hack (and now with a little time playing in SoulSilver as well) is also useless until it evolves at Lv.33. Jynx is the one, strangely enough, that I'm holding out hope for! Are these really the only three Ice Pokémon in Johto?

NEway, that's off-topic. I'm ready to start the Lighthouse in this hack. I expect it and the Gym to be a breeze, until the leader at least. :)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2019
Afternoon all,

Im new to these forums so ill try and get a quick catch up... the Pokemon Game/Hack we are discussing here is Pokemon Light Platinum yea?

Is it the LP version that involved the start being you being taken to central city on a salamance to translate some "Alpha" tablet? which gets blown up by an Empoleon?

Regards

Razer

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Im new to these forums so ill try and get a quick catch up... the Pokemon Game/Hack we are discussing here is Pokemon Light Platinum yea?

Is it the LP version that involved the start being you being taken to central city on a salamance to translate some "Alpha" tablet? which gets blown up by an Empoleon?
If I understand you correctly, yes, you meet up with Kaori who takes you to Central City to translate something, then it gets blown up, after which a Team Plasma member tries to stop you and Jasmine from leaving. You then get to trounce the Poochyena with your chosen starter, and eventually end up back at Yellow Town.

Cyclone

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
If I understand you correctly, yes, you meet up with Kaori who takes you to Central City to translate something, then it gets blown up, after which a Team Plasma member tries to stop you and Jasmine from leaving. You then get to trounce the Poochyena with your chosen starter, and eventually end up back at Yellow Town.

Cyclone

It's Team Steam member.;)

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2019
Thanks to all who replied to me...

Im glad it isnt the older one that one seemed very lacking in direction and didnt seem to have much of a story line... It felt as if u were just left to your own devices to explore rather than being guided onwards.

Im playing my version through the website Vizzed.com (not sure if im allowed to say that on here so admins feel free to remove if that is so)

Im currently at the stage where ive just defeated the Dardusk gym leader. SO far this seems like a really great game. I managed to aquire a Zorua which i believe is a pokemon that shouldnt even exist in the generation at which this game is set in - so thats kinda cool :) Its also a very useful pokemon for the previous gym.

I guess ill try and be helpful and answer others questions while i will no doubt have plenty of my own :P

Nice to meet you all. :)

So first Query...

1) Where can you catch a Kirlia to trade for a Gengar?
2) After completing the trade for the Scizor it wouldnt obey me. Since then none of the gyms have mentioned anything about certain level pokemon obeying me after getting that badge. Anybody know what needs to be done in order to get pokemon to obey you?

Regards

Razer

Years
I found a ralts in national park so that's my bet and it's not listed but they do obey with badges so you need 2 for lvl 30..

Question of my own the pokemon you get at the fire gym. In Lauren does that evolve??? Don't want it leeching my axeus exp if it's always like that

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Im currently at the stage where ive just defeated the Dardusk gym leader. SO far this seems like a really great game. I managed to aquire a Zorua which i believe is a pokemon that shouldnt even exist in the generation at which this game is set in - so thats kinda cool :) Its also a very useful pokemon for the previous gym.
There are many of those. Did you find Rufflet in the Safari Zone? What about Blitzle along the early Routes? Or even Shinx/Luxray while training or Snover in the Ice Zone, which are both Gen. IV? All are hacked into the game. ;)

1) Where can you catch a Kirlia to trade for a Gengar?
2) After completing the trade for the Scizor it wouldnt obey me. Since then none of the gyms have mentioned anything about certain level pokemon obeying me after getting that badge. Anybody know what needs to be done in order to get pokemon to obey you?
1) Take the National Park advice here. They also appear on Route 410 higher-leveled (Lv.15-25 as opposed to Lv.10-20), so they can evolve quicker after a little bit of work. Once it evolves, there's your trading material. I don't show wild Kirlia anywhere in the regions.

2) The traded Pokémon will behave as they would in R/S/E. I believe the statement that traded Lv.30 Pokémon obey you after Dewford in that game is accurate. Therefore, after finishing the Esmereld Gym, those should obey you, making Scizor usable up to the area where Seanport City is located. I'm not sure about whether Lv.40 obey you starting after that Gym, but Scizor is rather useless here NEway and Scyther has all but a couple of moves in the move pool in any case. Seadra (does it evolve on trading to Kingdra?) is the same deal; it won't obey you in the same fashion until you get the right badges. In most games, and even hacks, this isn't an issue by the 5th or 6th Gym as you will not be likely to level the Pokémon so high that they're disobeying you on the final two Gyms.

(Ash, this might be something to get readded to the text after defeating a Gym Leader. I don't have the data on me right now, but This is something that needs to be communicated to the player and I know R/S/E did do that, but I haven't seen it in this game over three Gyms.)

EDIT: Found the data.

Lv.30 obey you after 2 badges.
Lv.50 obey you after 4 badges.
Lv.70 obey you after 6 badges. Shouldn't be many problems with obedience after this unless you overlevel trades.
Lv.100 (i.e. all Pokémon) obey you after getting the final badge.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2019
There are many of those. Did you find Rufflet in the Safari Zone? What about Blitzle along the early Routes? Or even Shinx/Luxray while training or Snover in the Ice Zone, which are both Gen. IV? All are hacked into the game. ;)
Cyclone

I did manage to find/catch Blitzle, Shinx and Snover :) Didnt see Rufflet though. Also wasn't aware the above were hacked into the game so there is a nice bonus. Thanks for the information :)

Thank you for answering my other Query also :)

Regards

Razer

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I did manage to find/catch Blitzle, Shinx and Snover :) Didnt see Rufflet though. Also wasn't aware the above were hacked into the game so there is a nice bonus. Thanks for the information :)
Rufflet is found in, I think, the Meadow Zone of the Safari Zone (1% chance of appearing). However, if you don't have the patience to wander around for it, Route 413 is the first normal appearance of them, with a 4% appearance rate.

1% does happen frequently enough; I had three Shroomish in five or six battles in the forest.

Cyclone

Back