• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
Thanks for the quick response. Really enjoying the game so far (though I'm not that far yet, just lost to Wattson for the first time, and no glitches or other issues so far, though I did notice that you didn't change the sprites for going from walking to surfing...).

I'm only stopping because my computer wants to restart, but my current team is Vigoroth, Parasect, Linoone, Gigawolf, Qwilshark, and Mysteryegg, between level 23 and 33. I'm probably a bit underleveled, I know. >>'

I'll sing your praises in more detail when I get further in the game. But in summary, I've been waiting to play this for ages and it is totally living up to my expectations so far.

EDIT: Love the music in the whole deadly seven jail place thing! That whole area is just great.

EDIT: AUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH I just spent AGES raising a Beldum and then AFTER found the brain link

Where did you get the beldum, gigawolf, and quilshark?

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
where are the abonded mines

Where Sky Pillar used to be, before it collapsed.

Where did you get the beldum, gigawolf, and quilshark?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
how do you get into the abonded mines

how to get a faceleech???????????

Last edited:

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
Where Sky Pillar used to be, before it collapsed.

Spoiler:

Ahh ok. I kinda figured about quilshark. I just had a brainfart lol. I am only in fortree right now with my guys around lv 45-50.
Spoiler:
Or maybe I did and just don't remember.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
You did. You don't remember. The Island of Calm is where you first encounter the Deadly Seven, after New Mauville.

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
Ahh ok. That place. I remember now.

Also, does Cinderco evolve into anything? And how what do I do with the mirror in pacifidlog? Ican't find the chef guy in Lilycove. I got the Chikuwa from the girl but I'm confused what to do now.

I also found some grammar errors but can't remember all of them. I think Godot was one of them.

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Hm, two issues to report. One is probably major. The script you made to stop the player from entering Route 112 until Famine is defeated is only blocked on one entrance. There is a second, through grass. Secondly, the trainer who gives you Totodile in the monastery will battle you over and over again if you do not have space in your party for Totodile. This is currently proving to be a very useful training aid. <_<

EDIT: The trainers in the tower in the monastery are moving in the opposite direction and then battling me from afar. Is this a glitch or are they telekinetic? o-o

Last edited:

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
Ok I'm confused in the Necropolis now. (you are doing a good job of confusing me)

I am in the main hub but I have no idea where to go now.

EDIT: NM I found where to go... man I'm dumb

This is my team:

Quilshark lv 59 @ god's tear (adamant)
Cinderco lv 61 @ andarin talons (sassy) ((DOES HE EVOLVE!?))
Roclobster lv 56 @ some teeth (adamant) ((Does he evolve?))
Zanghol lv 61 @ gamble fish (quiet) ((love zanghol - my favorite poke so far))
X32763 lv 57 @ electrichoney (quiet)
Toxicroak lv 67 @ some teeth (naughty)

So I am in
Spoiler:
. Now what do I do? I don't see him anywhere in there and I think this is the end of the game... I only found 6 broken hearts. Never got Shaderu or Faceleech because I don't know how or where to get one.

Also, does Cinderco/Roclobster evolve? I thought I saw somewhere that Cinderco evolves by a leaf stone but I could be mistaken. And if he does, then where do you get one!? I only even found a thunder,fire, and sun stone. And green shard but the person's place is blocked off.

And where do I get the 4th gym badge? I have all except that one.

This is my team after beating gym island except the last gym on it. Let me tell you is was really hard with a major weakness to ground...

Zanghol lv 63 @ Gamble fish
Cinderco lv 63 (really hoping he evolves) @ Anadrin Talon
Quilshark lv 61 @ god's tear
Roclobster lv 63 @ brain link
Ampharos lv 64 @ leftovers
Toxicroak lv 68 @ some teeth

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
Ummmm. I need help with something..
Spoiler:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
And where do I get the 4th gym badge? I have all except that one.

It's hidden somewhere in the Shipwreck.

Sorry, did you just ask me if Roclobster evolves? He's as powerful as a legendary Pokémon. He doesn't need to evolve. Ever.

Ummmm. I need help with something..
Spoiler:

Go to the university, and follow the quest to get a visitor's pass to see Veracity.

Hm, two issues to report. One is probably major. The script you made to stop the player from entering Route 112 until Famine is defeated is only blocked on one entrance. There is a second, through grass. Secondly, the trainer who gives you Totodile in the monastery will battle you over and over again if you do not have space in your party for Totodile. This is currently proving to be a very useful training aid. <_<

EDIT: The trainers in the tower in the monastery are moving in the opposite direction and then battling me from afar. Is this a glitch or are they telekinetic? o-o

Man, something must be really wrong with Asimov's Gym, huh? Senex should be waiting in there.

The sages are glitchy, that's true. I have no idea why, and I'm not sure I have the courage to wade through Snakewood and figure out.

The entrance to Route 112 is just a silly oversight. I should probably fix that.

Ahh ok. That place. I remember now.

Also, does Cinderco evolve into anything? And how what do I do with the mirror in pacifidlog? Ican't find the chef guy in Lilycove. I got the Chikuwa from the girl but I'm confused what to do now.

I also found some grammar errors but can't remember all of them. I think Godot was one of them.

Godot says nothing that isn't 100% grammatically correct. As soon as I read that comment, I went and checked (because shoddy scripting is all right but grammar mistakes aren't). Cinderco evolves by Leaf Stone. Chef Maximilian is in Lilycove Pokémon Centre, and there's absolutely no reason why he should ever disappear. He won't serve you unless you have a Chikuwa, though.

Mentalii

Back
Years
E4 is so hard, that make a change with usual ones :knockedou
By the way, could someone tell me what Roclobster type are?
I've already noticed its dragon type, but after almost all my attacks aren't effective against it. That's annoying, besides it's strong enough!

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I know this isn't helpful at ALL because I can't remember where this is, but regarding grammar, SOMEWHERE there's a guy who says /p instead of actually /ping. I think you wrote /p instead of \p? PC and/or my internet was glitching out when I tried to report it.

Last edited:

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
Is Asimov's gym supposed o have a wonky tileset for the floor?

It's hidden somewhere in the Shipwreck.

I can't get onto the shipwreck. It says something about laser shark eyes or whatever and it won't let me go on...

Do I need a certain item or something?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2014
Because you played the game backwards, you appear to be unaware that the only entrance to the sewers is in Lilycove. The one you are going through is the exit; please return to the outside world and go in through Lilycove.

Yeah, Snakewood could use polishing, but even when I put things in it that ought to work, they fail because bits of the rest of the game affect them. Don't think I haven't tried, but I can't be bothered to care quite that much.

It's in the first post.

Blocks critical hits.

As I thought, my own ignorance XD Well thank you again good sir.

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire
Years
E4 is so hard, that make a change with usual ones :knockedou
By the way, could someone tell me what Roclobster type are?
I've already noticed its dragon type, but after almost all my attacks aren't effective against it. That's annoying, besides it's strong enough!

Look at the name again ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
I am stuck inside fortree city where the pet shop is. I have seen veracity and have got a comet badge. What do i do now?
P.S. where do you get the rydrake wing?

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
I am stuck inside fortree city where the pet shop is. I have seen veracity and have got a comet badge. What do i do now?
P.S. where do you get the rydrake wing?

You have to go back through the route you went through to get to Fortree, then go through Madio Cave.
I can't remember the exact steps, but to get the Rydrake Wing you need to do the Mush Mask trading sequence. There are clues scattered over the internet for that.

Back