• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leeeeet's Join! ~ Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter Fan Club

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I really loved the first half of TLR but I kind of agree it just got kinda silly in the end. It seemed a lot more serious at first--like sure, it had dick jokes and stuff, but it was more drama than comedy and I feel like that kind of fell apart in the second half. I'm not really one for guessing so I didn't analyse every video and watch it over and over, I just kinda went along for the ride, but I was a little disappointed in the ending. Not on the killer/survivor or anything, just with how silly the last episode was. :( Still, I liked the series overall and hope it was successful so we'll see more stuff like it!

The holidays need to be over so I have more time to myself and can catch up on AH/LP videos though. ;_; I haven't watched a single thing from AH in over a month...

Dude you are so screwed, that's a lot of material you're going to have to catch up on lol.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
It's been awhile since anyone has posted anything RT/AH related, so what have you thought of a bunch of the material they have released?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Duuuude I just watched Lindsay's heist and it was so good!

Spoiler:

It was definitely my favourite of all the heists.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Monty has been hospitalized and is in serious condition. By the sound of Burnie's journal post, things aren't looking good.

Cherrim

Years
It's scary stuff... but I have to admit, the fact that they have a donation pool open with such a large amount makes me feel like he's probably going to pull through......? Like, they aren't giving any details and I totally respect that because privacy, especially in times like this, is important but... idk. To me it seems like they wouldn't have set such a large amount of $50k if it was for expected funeral costs or something, morbid as that sounds. So I'm hopeful that he'll be okay. :'( I hope I don't sound like an asshole for saying that. ._.

I hope we get a (positive!!) update soon, though. Monty always seemed like such a great guy and I'm not sure anyone else at RT was as dedicated to their work. I hope he can recover from whatever's happened and can go back to doing what he loves. :(

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
holy shit what even
oh my god
it really sounds very very bad and burnie doesnt seem to have a v positive outlook but oh my god i hope he pulls through

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I just remember seeing burn in the Shape Up challenge just a few weeks ago and just hearing this totally shocked me. I remember the first time I had ever heard of him was not even from Rooster Teeth but from his work Haloid. Great early work of his if you've never heard of it.

The money ranged could be for medical bills - i.e emergency visit and operations - and funeral arrangements, so I wouldn't rule anything out yet.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
D:

D:

D:

DDDDDD:

Really hope that he gets better soon! From what Burnie said and the fact that a donation drive has already opened up, this already sounds incredibly grim.

It's incredible seeing dedicated fans already raising 150k in just one day for Monty.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I feel like things are going to be okay though. He's hanging through and we haven't really heard any kind of update, but I'd like to think that he's improving in one way or another.

Cherrim

Years
Monty Oum has passed away. [edit: Mirror because this journal post crashed the RT site]

Shit... :( I'm kind of speechless. Everyone in the RT company is pretty young, so I never really considered that death was something I'd ever have to think about in regards to any of them. This really sucks. I hope everyone is coping well.
As for honoring Monty, we will do that in our own way. In lieu of flowers or gifts, we ask that you simply do something creative.
I think that's a beautiful message.

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
The official statement made by Matt at Roosterteeth.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
-sigh-
Probably the worst day to join, but have been meaning to, so I'll go ahead by first saying rest easy Monty.

Username: Jellicent♀
Favorite Achievement Hunter Member: Caleb
Favorite Rooster Teeth Member: Meg, Barbara, Lindsey
Favorite Let's Play: Minecraft Let's Plays

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This came as a really big shock to me. I didn't know Monty as a person, but I loved his works of animation very dearly.

Rest in peace, Monty. We love you so much, and you were a person that inspired us with your devotion to your art. I feel I speak for all of the RT community when I say you touched our hearts, and will be dearly missed. Farewell.

Dry your eyes now baby
Broken wings won't hold you down
You'll take flight soon baby
You'll be lifted up
And you'll be there...

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
This picture has the feelings going for me ):

4Vfh8gj.jpg

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
After seeing a lot of posts on Monty, this quote showed up (RvB), and I think it's quite appropriate now more than ever:

"Never say goodbye. If you don't say "goodbye," then you aren't really gone. You're...just not here right now."

Back