• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Character

Who is your favorite character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 10, 2015
oh come on Misty fans, where are you guys ?
Misty needs you desperately to win the poll. I request all the Misty fans around the world to vote for Misty on this poll.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
Going to have to go with Jesse and James on this one. Not to mention, Meowth (though it was not listed on the poll). They were always hallarious in the first 4-5 seasons, but later they were completely destroyed when they got new, new new, actors as well as new outfits. Favorite female, May no doubt about it ;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
oh come on Misty fans, where are you guys ?
Misty needs you desperately to win the poll. I request all the Misty fans around the world to vote for Misty on this poll.

Why does it matter if Misty "wins" a poll on one small Pokemon forum that only about 20 something people vote on? The Pokemon fandom is huge and on multiple forums, or places like deviantart, tumblr, various blogs, etc.

One little small poll on Pokecommunity means nothing. I also don't see why this is a competition, who cares whose favorite character someone is?

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
1. James - personality
2. Brock - humor
3. Serena - honest & girly
I don't like the competitive nature of Ash's previous female companions. Serena's strong in a different way and I appreciate that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
1. James - personality
2. Brock - humor
3. Serena - honest & girly
I don't like the competitive nature of Ash's previous female companions. Serena's strong in a different way and I appreciate that.

Didn't reviews comment Misty was actually pretty realistic for a girl and that's how she was massively popular?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
22sa said literally nothing about Misty being unrealistic. He said Serena is strong in a rather different way. You're making arguments out of nothing tbh.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Of all characters that had made appearances in the past within Pokémon anime, I feel May has tendency to stand out by a mile, so I'm not precisely surprised to see her win our first poll here, haha. Definitely am glad about it, though; I believe she deserves it.

There are tons of other female characters, but May, in particular, is sort of different; her style of outfit seem to complement her personality pretty nicely, and her personality itself is unique, generally speaking. She does carry characteristics of a young girl (such as showing constant signs of excitement, displaying motivation to achieve her goals, and so forth), which she is, but she also seems to hold aspects an adult would have (for example, sometimes remaining calm and aware under pressurized situations).

Aside from her, I'm also very fond of Brock, but this is mostly because how attached I am to him (considering how long he's been in the anime as regular).

Years
My number one favourite character is N! I watch his episodes over and over and I never get bored of them.
After him, I'd say I like a combination of Tobias and Pierce. My fanon Pokémon series is partially about them being brothers ^_^
I also liked Dawn, she was by far the best companion Ash has throughout the series. After her in the list of Ash's companions, I'd put Serena.
I connected to the regional villains as they appeared in the anime, so Aldeth and Shelly are also on my top lists.
I also liked Astrid and Alain from the Mega Evolution Special.

If I would have included Pokémon, I don't know how long this list would get...

Shitik

Generic Bio
Years
Favorite Character?

My personal favorite was Brock, he was hilarious. May was also pretty neat.

What do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 22
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2015
My favorite character was Wobbufett. I think Wobbufett was absolutely hilarious.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Ash is probably my favorite character since he's been around the longest, but Brock, Cilan, Clemont, May, and Dawn are all really good characters too. Jessie's Wobbuffet is definitely my favorite Pokémon character but it's kind of hard to compare him to a human character.

The male companions are always chill and we don't really get sick of them. Even with Brock, despite being around for three series, it was still sad to see him leave. With the females, we get a lot more exposure to them. Misty was actually my least favorite of the female companions, but I didn't dislike her. I feel Misty was a little too hot-headed for my tastes. Dawn and May have the same characteristic, but they didn't display it near as often. I can't really judge Serena until she leaves the show, but for now I will say that she seems to robotic. Like she acts the same in every episode.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Ash is probably my favorite character since he's been around the longest, but Brock, Cilan, Clemont, May, and Dawn are all really good characters too. Jessie's Wobbuffet is definitely my favorite Pokémon character but it's kind of hard to compare him to a human character.

The male companions are always chill and we don't really get sick of them. Even with Brock, despite being around for three series, it was still sad to see him leave. With the females, we get a lot more exposure to them. Misty was actually my least favorite of the female companions, but I didn't dislike her. I feel Misty was a little too hot-headed for my tastes. Dawn and May have the same characteristic, but they didn't display it near as often. I can't really judge Serena until she leaves the show, but for now I will say that she seems to robotic. Like she acts the same in every episode.
And what did you think about Iris?

Wobbu

Years
And what did you think about Iris?

Whoops, forgot to mention her. Iris was alright, but nothing about her stood out. She could have used a bit more development and her catchphrase wasn't really any more or less annoying than May's and Dawn's imo. But this chat is for another thread :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020

In all fairness regarding Misty, though, Ash himself did behave in a very hot-headed manner in the original series and even AG and DP to some extent, in some cases even exceeding Misty.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
personally I disliked misty and to some extent ash, since they never got together

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
The male companions are always chill and we don't really get sick of them. Even with Brock, despite being around for three series, it was still sad to see him leave. With the females, we get a lot more exposure to them.

Really? I thought Brock got incredibly boring and stale in DP to the point where everyone was wondering why he was still on the show. Brock was good up till the end of AG, but DP really should have replaced him with a new guy like Cilan/Clemont.

Wobbu

Years
Hi everyone :P

I just want to announce that the leader of this poll at the end of this month will become the character of the month for March, so if your favorite character isn't winning the poll, tell your friends to come here and vote!

Since May is the current character of the month, she is exempt. It looks like Dawn is taking the lead, but it will only take a few votes for some of the other characters to pass her.

Back