• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
You don't have to press down a key all the way down for it to register as a button press, so when you need to make almost instant reactions you could tap the key quickly and lightly and it'd register.

Bingo.

Though, some laptop keyboards are done so well that you pretty much have to give it a slight push and it'll depress all the way.

Years
I don't recall seeing a mechanical keyboard in action any time recently. When i'm typing on the keyboard used with my laptop, it does get a tad noisy but it's not anything really disruptive.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
The touch cover? Does that even count? The buttons don't depress, might as well be a touchscreen keyboard.

Even the feel of the Touch Cover is different from an actual touchscreen, mind you - felt surfaces have a little bit of give compared to glass, which has none.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Even the feel of the Touch Cover is different from an actual touchscreen, mind you - felt surfaces have a little bit of give compared to glass, which has none.

I had one, was very different to use, didn't really like it.

Buoysel

Years
Beats an onscreen keyboard that cover things up and tend to be awkward.

Yes, sort of, but for $10 you can have the type cover, it's so worth it. I ended up just saying fuck it, returned the touch cover, and paid the difference for a type cover.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Yes, sort of, but for $10 you can have the type cover, it's so worth it. I ended up just saying **** it, returned the touch cover, and paid the difference for a type cover.

You'd be surprised how the price differences can vary by location.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
My slim keyboard actually sounds mechanical, so it's fairly loud. I think I need a quieter one, one with a numpad and a not gloss finish...

Which one should I buy?

Why not just go with a full-fat keyboard?

Years
Haven't y'all ever wondered why there are venues that lock their free access points to where you have to ask for the password? I was at one today.

But then again, at least it allows for people to be safer with their browsing and not actually have it as "open access".

Buoysel

Years
Haven't y'all ever wondered why there are venues that lock their free access points to where you have to ask for the password? I was at one today.

But then again, at least it allows for people to be safer with their browsing and not actually have it as "open access".

Usually is so that only customers get on the WiFi, like the password might be printed on the receipt.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I was looking at the ARK statistics for Intel's 520, 530, and 730 series SSDs… and found that there's something missing with the supposedly "higher end" drives: they have slower sequential I/O! They have a shorter latency but less sequential read/write speeds. What's with that?

I don't think random I/O advantages alone are enough to justify the extra money… I'll just stick with 500 Series drives then. 530s can be for extra longevity as they're non-legacy, and everything else can get a Cherryville SSD. With the systems I'm buying and managing SSDs are going to be non-optional.

Years
I've been to hotels that sometimes assign passwords to specific rooms that the residents stay in, other times I only have to log into the hotel's Wi-fi service just by going to their home page and clicking something. When I was in St. Louis back in October, we stayed in a Sheraton, and it falsely said I had to pay for the internet services, which they confirmed wasn't true.

Years
Networking class is fun.. one of the labs we had to do was create an active directory and a domain server using Server 2008, and then log into an account using Windows Vista from that directory. All of this was done from VMware Workstation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back