• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's make a list of hacks that just NEED to be made

Years
I'm starting a hack (well, starting over) and I'm planning on incorporating a lot of elements similar to the ones suggested (might have to steal a few, hehe). You can probably guess but here's a list of stuff a lot of which I both want to see and plan to include:

- R/S/E Sequel (mine will be set 20 years after), with aged characters and realistic changes in the status quo.
- Working video Game Console (This will be my guise to including zombies without breaking canon)
- A protagonist that isn't 10 years old
- Characters with depth
such as your Rival and other recurring NPCs
- None-linear gameplay
- A talking protagonist preferably with a dialogue options similar to Skyrim or Telltale's The Walking Dead
- Personality traits that you select at the start (e.g. Sensible, Smug, comedic, Rash, Shy) which influences which dialogue options are shown in the wish above.
- Large Explorable Region and what I mean by that is not larger regions but having more areas in each region. You can see in my sig the idea I'm going for. Expanded routes and more freedom to travel that makes the game seem a little less linear. Or perhaps the whole map to be traversable but that might not be possible without using a new/fake region.

I know a few have already been done.
What I'd especially like is for someone to put another ROM (say Super Mario or Sonic for example) inside the GBA ROM and make it so that you can click on the NES in the players bedroom and actually play another game. Or just a save mechanism for the second point I made.

Last edited:
Years
How are those two games even remotely similar?
Not the games themselves but the dialogue options and I was just using them as examples of games with dialogue options.

For example, in TWD, you are usually given 4 dialogue options but there are often just variations of two answers ("yes" and "no" for example) or a middle-ground (which inevitably leads back to one of the two choices). There are many parts of both games that give you multiple responses that lead to the same outcomes because the difference in phrasing allows better immersion as your character is more personal and relatable to you.

Ideally, It would function more like Skyrim but with the phrasing options similar to TWD Game, if that makes sense.
Oh and I didn't mean the mechanics of those games. It'd likely just be custom multiple-choice boxes.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Not the games themselves but the dialogue options and I was just using them as examples of games with dialogue options.

For example, in TWD, you are usually given 4 dialogue options but there are often just variations of two answers ("yes" and "no" for example) or a middle-ground (which inevitably leads back to one of the two choices). There are many parts of both games that give you multiple responses that lead to the same outcomes because the difference in phrasing allows better immersion as your character is more personal and relatable to you.

Ideally, It would function more like Skyrim but with the phrasing options similar to TWD Game, if that makes sense.
Oh and I didn't mean the mechanics of those games. It'd likely just be custom multiple-choice boxes.
The reason I bring this up is because, in terms of impact, it's kind of an apples to oranges type deal. With Skyrim, there are (few) times when you really have a choice in things. Often times you're looped back around or, when you make a decision that actually changes the mission objective, your choices don't really have a lasting or meaningful impact on you as a person or the world around you.

With The Walking Dead, while the choice is still partially illusory, there are almost always lasting effects to your actions that will come back around, making the experience more refined and personal, even if certain major decisions don't change between playthroughs regardless of decision.

So it's really a matter of whether you want a story that molds to the player or a story that gives the player instant gratification in terms of choice (though it doesn't have lasting effects on the game, as is the case with Skyrim). The latter's easier, but the former is often more engaging. Some people do like the illusion of choice brought by games like Skyrim because they don't realize that their choices are mostly inconsequential and feel like they're making an impact. But the problem with the Walking Dead route is that it takes quite a bit of work, depending on how non-linear you want to make the story.

Years
The reason I bring this up is because...

I know where you're coming from but (for what I want to do) I didn't really mean choosing your actions, just your words. The answer you choose would (as you said is the case with Skyrim) be inconsequential for the most part, it just allows the player to make their character reflect themselves better.

For example, Steven could ask you to team up with him to defeat team aqua in the weather institute and you could respond "Sure" or "..." (I don't know if you can have more than 2 options on multi-choice boxes). It wouldn't matter which you chose since you'd end up doing it anyway. It just allows you to add your personality to the character.

The point being that it'd be nice to not respond to everything with "............" And an option to respond differently is useful for immersion.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I'd love to see Sinnoh remade in Gen 3. Has that been done? But preferably with a few new locations.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 6, 2017
A hack of FireRed/LeafGreen where you play as Blue and your rival is Red. It would be based off the story of Yellow, in that you get an Eevee at the start and Red gets a Pikachu.

It would add depth to Blue and be to R/B/G/Y/FR/LG what Maleficent is to Sleeping Beauty - something that suggests that maybe the supposed 'bad' (for lack of a better term that applies to both Blue and Maleficent) character wasn't so bad after all.

There is some backstory/sob story that explains why Blue was shaped into such a douche. Perhaps he couldn't live up to the expectations of his parents - before the story of the game, he was a kind child, but was rather hapless at quite some things - before they died, and when he starts his journey, he wants to finally get the feeling of achievement by becoming champion.

We have seen that Red still has his mother (we can insert an explanation for his father's absence, and it would not be that he's dead) and that she loves her son for who he is, and perhaps Blue - while not having told Red about his misfortune - feels bitter towards Red for having such a happy life.

Now this bit is based off the Blue's Raticate theory.

You are forced to lose against Red in the battle on the S.S. Anne. The game is arranged in such a way that makes it impossible to win without hacking (and even if you do that, the games acts as if you lost). One of your Pokémon selected at random (you can't do the battle without two or more usable Pokémon) die. Not faint, die (You can reset to have a different Pokémon die).

When you get to Lavender Town, a cutscene ensues where Blue buries his fallen Pokémon, and vows to be the very best.

When you become the Champion, Red enters. Once again, the game is arranged in such a way that you are forced to lose against Red.

While Blue's grandfather congratulates Red, Blue runs off back to Pallet Town and laments.

Prof. Oak arrives and gives his grandson a talking-to. He explains that Blue's burning desire to finally be good at something made him lose sight of what really matters in a person - kindness and empathy.

Blue is sent alongside Red to the Sevii Islands, keeping in mind what Oak said to him.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon remake. Not like the Pokemon Ruby Destiny one, eventhough that is well made, It would just be cool to see a real mystery dungeon rom hack.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 6, 2017
Anyway, to get back on topic, I'd love to see Sinnoh remade in Gen 3. Has that been done? But preferably with a few new locations.[/B]

(Can't link here because rulez)

Linkandzelda, the guy behind Liquid Crystal, wants to use Emerald to demake Platinum into 'Platinum Origins'. I wish him luck.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2018
That actually sounds super easy, just make it go to a message box until the event's over. I say we need like an elite four superhack with all the elite fours from all the games in it.

hmm i like that idea, quite simple only thing is that id need the player to deposit ALL their pokemon (another problem :/) so they can get a starter ... and ur box needs to be suspended for the whole story till the eighth badge so my might need certain pokemon for hms, hmm which i need to disable too >.<, but i guess thatll make the game a little harder and more epic since that'll make people really think what pokemon they want in their party... thanks ! ^.^

sorry to go off topic but does anyone know how to add a new town map??

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2015
I want a better version of FR/LG with more events like in newer games.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2015
A red/blue/green remake with updated graphics, from the perspective of Gary Oak showing how he managed to get 10 gym badges in Kanto.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 15, 2015
I kinda want my Pokémon stolen.

I mean, like, what if Team Rocket actually beat you midgame, took your Pokés, and then you had to get a new starter and a new team to get revenge on them?

Just some food for thought.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2016
I've always wanted to see a yugioh/pokemon crossover. Like instead of pokemon it would have duel monsters you catch and battle. There could be a legendary trio (Egyptian gods) a pseudo legendary line (red eyes black chick/black dragon/darkness dragon) and a final legendary to catch (exodia). The character sprite could look like yugi and either your rival could be Joey or you could have multiple rivals like bakura and marik. The hardest part would be finding duel monsters that could evolve into each other

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I kinda want my Pokémon stolen.

I mean, like, what if Team Rocket actually beat you midgame, took your Pokés, and then you had to get a new starter and a new team to get revenge on them?

Just some food for thought.

I had an idea for a hack where the bad guys take all but one of your pokemon and you and your rival have to get them back. :V
In detail, you and your rival would be attacked midgame or an earthquake cause by them to not be bamed yet and you would click on one pokeball on the ground, all of which are your team but when you click on one the others disappear and your rival states that the bad team took them and now you two have to get them back. But I don't know if that hack will ever be made.....
I have a theme and everything, I just wanted a legit looking FakeDex which would take forever.... I only wanted 151 to add and blah blah ok.
Though I suppose this would be almost impossible to Solo run. :/

Last edited:

Crims0nSentinel

Guardian of the 90s
Years
I'm currently developing a Pokemon Silver Hack detailing the history of Giovanni. In entails his childhood, his fall into power-madness, and his hand in discovering Mew and the ensuing terror that Mewtwo instilled once created and how that ties to Silver's cold demeanor, all the way up to the disbanding of Team Rocket. Also, it includes the war that occurred prior to Red's birth, the one which Lt. Surge and Giovanni both mention in the old games.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
There needs to be like a post apocalyptic game

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 31, 2023
I wanted to make a hack where there is no evil organizations yet. But you get famous by defeating gym leaders. Soon you have a huge following. And then the leader of your biggest fan group tries to get you to do bad things because he's got the idea now that since you're famous you can do whatever you want. Have all the money and pokebabes :P. You have a choice. To be bad or good. If you choose not to listen to him then he will create his own organization to take you down. If you do chose to be bad then you will create one and be the leader of it....I haven't thought how it should end lol.

Back