• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Pokémon Fire Red Hacked Engine

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
You probably inserted the song wrong. I've used the patch quite a few times and the music works fine. I can't say I know much about inserting music though so I can't be certain what you did right or wrong.
Huh. Tried inserting again and it worked. The problem was that I used free space finder to find new offsets for the songs. Don't know why that would crash my rom, but yeah, that's what happened. Ironic, trying to do something right makes it end up wrong XD

Edit: Figured out why it crashed. Since the old scripts and stuff are gone, creating free space, nothing will repoint properly. I'm pretty sure I'll run into more problems later on, I'm pretty much a hacking noob, so I'll just stick with regular ol Firered.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Does anyone know whether the EV/IV read values have been changed/relocated in this tool?

I'm trying to insert the Trainers with EVs ASM by Doesntknowhowtoplay (link -> pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307117) but its refusing to work. I've tried the method on a clean fire rom and it works flawlessly. I'm pretty sure the Hacked engine is the cause.

Does anyone know if the EV/IV values have changed? and if so, what are the new offset locations so i can amend the Trainers with EVs routine?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
So what variables do I use in all the prompts that pop-up when I attempt to use the program?

4100 - 40FF are safe I guess. Just turn a few pages backwards, someone named karatekid or something (the one who gave guide about add more OWs) suggested but I already have that one figured out.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
I want to know what is the new OW table pointer? The one with more no. of OW Sprites? I'm confused that it is not mentioned or is it not required? Sorry being a noob, cuz i am..... When it comes to this particular thing...

Never Mind...

Last edited:

AriArk

Survey Corps
Years
I have a problem
I have directly copied a pokemoncenter nurse script from a clean rom to a rom with JPAN's engine on it but when I talk to the girl, she does everything right, she puts the pokeball in the machine, it glows and she gives it back but then it just messes up, it freezes then goes black then the music freezes too.
PS
This is what it goes like (not my video, but exactly same problem):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXsFkRcncEA

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I have a problem
I have directly copied a pokemoncenter nurse script from a clean rom to a rom with JPAN's engine on it but when I talk to the girl, she does everything right, she puts the pokeball in the machine, it glows and she gives it back but then it just messes up, it freezes then goes black then the music freezes too.
PS

Hi, I would just redo the whole script for her rather than re-using the old one.

From the looks of the video, JPAN hasn't overwritten or modified the PC specials. Which means the specials are still working as intended, however parts of the original script seems to be overwritten. So your best bet is just to write your own PC script, it's quite simple (ask in the script help thread if you're having troubles).

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I have a problem
PS

The issue is the level scripts. You need to make set healing place scripts.

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
Years
  • Seen yesterday
I applied your firered clean patch and then applied this patch.
However, the map of pallet town messed up. Did this mean that I didn't apply the patches correctly?
This is my pallet town in the game
1636%20-%20Pokemon%20-%20Fire%20Red%20Version_zpsxxfazajc.png

But in A-map it's all right.

Last edited:

Mystelex

I'll give you a little example: the sethealingplace command. In the hacked engine, it has changed and now requires three variables to be set in order to work properly.

Ummmm...... Just a question........ In the Fire Red hacked engine , once the player blacks out , the game doesn't take me to the place I last healed my Pokémon ! It takes me to map 0.0 of Pokémon Fire Red ! Can you please tell me how to fix this problem ? You can e-mail me at "[email protected]".

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Ummmm...... Just a question........ In the Fire Red hacked engine , once the player blacks out , the game doesn't take me to the place I last healed my Pokémon ! It takes me to map 0.0 of Pokémon Fire Red ! Can you please tell me how to fix this problem ? You can e-mail me at "[email protected]".
If you applied the full patch, keep in mind that it removes all scripts. Open a vanilla ROM and look at the level scripts. You're interested in the sethealingplace one. Just a note, JPAN's hacked engine completely changes that command. Check the readme for that.

Mystelex

Thanks Telinc1 ! I read the ReadMe and found out that the sethealingplace command in the hacked engine uses 3 variables ! Thanks for the help !

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
does anyone here how to use special 0x58 in JPAN Hacked engine?

I don't know what does he mean with the key in var 8006
0x0 is loaded with LoadPointer, I don't know how to load it,
0x1 is the value that is set in Var 8008 and 8009, I created a table at 0x087E0000
I used 030385 as wild data bytes at 0x087E0000
where AA-03 is the Minimum level, BB-03 is the maximum level, and CC-85 is the Pokemon specie number
then I set 8008 var into 0 and 8009 into 087E
then setvar 0x8006 0x1
setvar 0x8005 0x1
special 0x58 but it doesn't work,

how to implement wild data switch or special 0x58 in FRHE?

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
Gonna quote JPAN's reply to my PM

JPAN said:
It's been a while I worked on the engine, so it took me a while to find answers. Special 0x58 loads a pointer to a wild data to 0x0203f48C. That pointer may be written to that address in three ways: first by way of the xse command loadPointer, the same used by messagebox; the second is writing the value to 8008 and 8009 in halves, lower halve in 8008 and upper in 8009 (for example data stored at 0203f800 would be setvar 0x8008 0xf800, setvar 0x8009 0x203); third way is by placing the value at 0203f48c yourself by, for example, writing to it via writebytetoOffset command. The pointer loaded must lead directly to a table containing pokemon in the wild data format. The safest way to test it is to create a table in Advance Map wild pokemon editor, then going to the location of that data and use that pointer.

As for the EV/Contest reader, the compiled code seems ok, so if its not working right, try copying it by hand from the compiled source code (in the tool).

Hope it helped.

It's working...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 22, 2015
how use item script runner as item editor i use g3t?
i apply the routine after i get changed data;
but if i insert the routine offset in field usage and the sciprt pointer in extra data,we i use the item the rom restart

Back