• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Simple Question

Spiff

love child
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 30, 2023
Pokecommunity, if you could read a book of all the lies you've ever been told, would you read it?

Explain.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Of course. I dated a habitual/compulsive liar for 6 months. That alone would be about 3 pages I'm sure. You say one thing to them after they say anything and you've got an award winning story. Just because I have the book doesn't mean I have to read the whole thing so if chapters are going by names of people I can just skip over the ones that would probably be most painful.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd rather not. I'd like to think that most of the lies are things I've since uncovered and I was lied to for protection at whatever age I was when I was lied to. Anything beyond that, perhaps I'm better off not knowing. Ignorance is bliss.

Years
On the one hand, I'd really want to know who'd tried to screw me over or messed with me or whatever so I could brutally cleave them into small pieces with a butter knife find out why and rage at them if I felt it was needed.

On the other hand, there's a lot of painful things I could uncover o.O

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Not really, I'd just leave as is.

Over the last few years I uncovered and have what lies certain people close to me have told me and have done and it was extremely painful to go through. More or less, I would hate to have to go through that pain ever again.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i don't think i would. with how emotional i am, i would probably cry and have a mental breakdown. it's best not to know.

Years
No, Jesus fucking Christ, no. Whether the lie is something big or not, I would leave it as it is, considering the fact that I am emotionally unstable since birth.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
I'd rather leave the past in the past. Most of what happened a little over a year ago means nothing to me since I moved out of the state and away from it all. I only really care about the here and now and the life I'm building on my own, not the mistakes I made before.

I wish more people could live like that, actually.

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
I won't because it HAS already happened. It won't matter now.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Absolutely. A lot of wisdom about life can be attained through having that supernatural knowledge of your experiences - wisdom that takes a lot longer for most people to learn. That's valuable.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'd probably read it. I like knowledge, and getting to know how people's minds tick. I don't like being lied to, and it would be kind of interesting to see who has lied the most.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I'd rather not. For the most part it'd probably be just tons of ads I saw back when I still watched TV regularly and I already know that most of it is made up. I really don't want to fish for those 10% that aren't ads and even if I would, I'd probably know them being lies already.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
considering most lies are for a reason (unless you're a pathological liar) if i were to read all of the lies i've been told I would also like to be supplied with reasons. however i don't think i need all of that disappointment, like i said many lies are for a reason.

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
i wouldn't be able to resist, i know i'd come up with a way to rationalise reading all the lies
i don't think i could pull away and take the moral high road, i'd need to know what has been said about me, why they said it and how they could justify it

certainly not a healthy response as my self-esteem is already held together by sellotape, but my need to know would outweigh my internal plea to let it be

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
absolutely I would, I live for this shit. it wouldn't affect me that much unless I was told something really cataclysmic that I still believe, because I'm sure I've told my fair share of lies as well. so that's a way to rationalize it kind of.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I wouldn't. Not only would it NOT do me any good, but I already promised myself that I would throw my own past away.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'd definitely read it. Less so because of me finding out if I've been lied to, but more because of the simple fact that the opportunity to know the raw truth presented itself. I'd go crazy over passing something like that up, considering how much value I place on honesty.

I'd much rather read a book about all the stuff people have said about me behind my back though, just saying.

Back