• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tajaros Xtreme Scripting Tutorial

Years
I finally found a working copy. =D So, thanks for your efforts. Now, could someone help me learn to script Pokemon Events, like Lugia, etc. I want all Pokemon in my game, but legends to be caught like a event. And, could you help me learn how to script it. Plus, I tried the give pokemon example, and when I talk to the person, all I get is a beep sound. .-.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
I finally found a working copy. =D So, thanks for your efforts. Now, could someone help me learn to script Pokemon Events, like Lugia, etc. I want all Pokemon in my game, but legends to be caught like a event. And, could you help me learn how to script it. Plus, I tried the give pokemon example, and when I talk to the person, all I get is a beep sound. .-.

If ou only got a beep sound then you must have done something wrong mind showing us your script?

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2014
hello. er~
This question might sound a bit stupid, but the give egg instructions that you have given hasn't been working out for me. I'm beginning to believe that the numbers start with the Hoenn POKeMON, but even when I start from there, I get a Missing No. I'm trying to get an EEVEE egg event to happen.
Anyway you can help me?

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
How do I do this part?im confused.
"First of all you must load your Rom. And then script! After scripting click the Compile or the gear Icon on top of XSE. Then copy the very first offset and paste it on Advance Map where your event is."

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
hi i've got a question,

I am making a pokemon ROM and i am wondering what I am doing wrong i want the following to happen:
when I talk to the person she should say: Hi do you like my house decoration?
I should be able to tell her Yes or No.
when I say yes she should say thank you, when i say no she should say, that's a pity.
if I said yes she should also give me a rare candy. and I only should be able to only do this once. after this she should say: yay you like my home decoration!

this is my script:

#dynamic 0x900500
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x511
if 0x1 goto @tegusta
msgbox 0x890050D MSG_YESNO '"Vivian: Hi!\lDo you like my house ..."
Compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @yes
Compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x0 goto @no
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x90050D
= Vivian: Hi!\lDo you like my house decoration?

#org @no
msgbox @pity 0x6
release
end

#org @yes
msgbox @thankyou 0x6
giveitem 0x3F 0x1 0x0
setflag 0x511
release
end

#org @tegusta
msgbox @like 0x6
release
end

#org @like
= You like my house decoration!

#org @thankyou
= thank you!

#org @pity
= well that's a pity

hope anyone can help me out!

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Hey i have a problem, That is this-

okay i do what ever you wrote from dynamic to end and when i finished i click on the button complie and after that as you said i copy the offset 80000 and paste it on the script offset in advance map but when i saw there wasn't the script it was black only with 2 word

----------------------------
#offset ox8000

then i open the saved script again and when i click in exit button it says "do you wan't to save the script" i click no cause it was already saved again i put the offset but again when i checked my script wasn't there :( what is the problem what to do after i complete writing script ? tell me what to do after i complie it please thanks :)

so i copy your script and paste it on the offset ox80000 but still nothing happen look

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto @how
msgbox @give 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @get
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @ok
end

#org @get
givepokemon 0x19 0x5 0x44 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @receive 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x828
msgbox @givenickname 0x5
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @name
compare 0x800D 0x0
if 0x1 goto @go
end

#org @ok
msgbox @oh 0x6
release
end

#org @name
setvar 0x8004 0x0
call @nickname
goto @takecare

#org @nickname
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return

#org @go
closeonkeypress
goto @takecare

#org @takecare
msgbox @please 0x6
release
end

#org @how
msgbox @check 0x6
release
end

#org @give
= Hello there.\pBy any chance would you want to\nhave this Pikachu?

#org @oh
= Oh, I see...

#org @receive
= [black_fr]\v\h01 received a Pikachu from the\nOld Man.

#org @givenickname
= [black_fr]Would you like to give your\nPokémon a nickname?

#org @please
= Please take care of my dear\nPikachu.

#org @check
= How's my old Pokémon?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 11, 2013
Yeah, there's this, hack I'm making and I'm sure this'll be very useful, but... I just can't seem to understand even the first sentence. If you are still on, can you tell me how to make the start screen?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Very nice thread. Helped me relearn what knowledge I lost over the years. Setvars and level scripts aren't as scary as they were when I was 16 :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Great tutorial, learned a lot :)

By the way, did you answer the guy on the first page about the legendary battles? I get that remove sprite thingie, but if you lose the battle against a one-time script, will it still go through? And is it possible to check if the pokemon fainted, was caught or if you ran? (If it is, but a long, advanced and complicated way, then cba :P ).

Yukari

Thanks! I've Had a LOT of trouble with scripting, and it doesn't help when i look up something like "how to make a Pokemon battle script" and it only shows what commands to use, and you could have read that from the command help.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 24, 2015
What's the correct trainerbattle script I have to use in order to make the battle repeat another time later, such as every Elite Four?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
I have a problem with the level scripts every time i leave and come back the level script repeats again and again and again. How do I make it so that it can happen only once? By the way, its one of those scripts when sprites appear and talk to you.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Don't think tajaros comes on anymore, but because his tutorial has helped me and though it's FR biased mostly, I decided to contribute with a Ruby Sound List for those who wanted some sounds
Just use "sound 0x##" in your script and replace the hashtags with whatever you want. Here is the list:

Spoiler:

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
I keep getting "error 6 'Overflow' on line 18. Wrong parameter type." when I debug/compile my script.
Spoiler:

ilanmelamed

Project pokemon: Minimi, Demimanimi. Manimi. MANIM
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen May 2, 2017
Can you please tell me where the pokemon numbers list for the
wildbattle comment, or just tell me if have list exist?

Back