• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years

Pokémon Sienna, Beta 1 Official Release

Well, there's a few things I need to say on the matter. I beta testing and I think I've eliminated all the problems there was. But, there are a few side notes I'd like to say.

Known Glitches:

• Because of new battle backgrounds, when you catch/evolve a Pokémon there's a small part of the circle in the bottom right corner.
  • When evolved Murkrow drops from level 22 to 18. I'm going to look into fixing it for beta 2.
  • According to 'The Master', my beta tester, the Colt Forest warps are somewhat glitched too. See section 'warp solution' for a solution.
  • Fakemon icons have NOT been changed. It's just a matter of spriting them.
  • The Heroine only has her walking frames done, when you obtain the Running Shoes, she doesn't have a change sprite.
  • A couple of men play hide and seek when you come from Sian Pass to Nile City. I would fix it now, but there's script tiles and I'm too lazy to re-script them for this beta.
A helpful tip:
This is a spoiler, so the solution will be seen in spoiler tags only. Well, Steven's letter is an invisible item and is incredibly hard to find. It is in the Devon Corporation builiding. If you're finding it hard to find, here's a spoiler to reveal exactly where.
Spoiler:

End Note:
If you have any more problems, just private message me them, and I'll work on a solution. The beta ends after you get HM01 Cut.

Warp Solution:
Okay, so before you go into and leave Colt Forest. Save, using states preferably. Then try to enter the warps, if they work, huzzah. If they don't reload your states, and leave the map, then go back and they should work. After you've done this once, that particular warp should be no problem at all.

Download:
Located on the first post. Entitled 'Pokémon Sienna Beta 1'.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
YES THE BETA!!!!

I was actually waiting for this :)

PS. FIRST ONE TO DOWNLOAD!!!,no really i am....(not including staff :)

Years
Like I said on MSN, the game is freaking amazing.

My team is a Level 12 Duglug, Level 17 Pinsir, Level 18 Flaffy, Level 19 Murkrow, Level 23 Swellow and Level 23 Croconaw.

I've beaten both gyms, too. Now I'm just training.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Right, played a little of it Harry. 2 things.

1. The Hero OW looks kinda weird when moving up, as his head doesn't move, but his body does... Not really major, but I am picky about this.

2. Part of the Snorunt sprite's teeth are see through, due to indexing. Again, not too huge, but noticable. I have a pic of it I will show you if you need it, but it is self explanotary.

The rest looks good, and... Well, just goin to say, about that Sand path that turns into a city path thing from the starter town into the route, it looks kinda ugly. But really, good work, and I hope to see more. I began with doubts about this, I still have a few, but carry it on like this, and they will all probably go.

EDIT: Also, when exiting the Starter Town after losing a battle, a yes/no box appears. Just worth mentioning.

Logan

Years
About 2, damn someone noticed. Can you explain the edit more, I'm not sure what you mean.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
About 2, damn someone noticed. Can you explain the edit more, I'm not sure what you mean.

Each time I exit or enter the first route, a little multi-choice answer box appears with the options Yes and No. That is all, I'll upload a pic if you need more explanation. Whether it was because lost I doubt, as it happens each time I enter and exit the route.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Eh, can you screenshot it? It's really not happening to me or my beta testers.

Right, OK.

2qls7qf.png

It only seems to do it on that tile exactly (I tested it, no matter where I come from, it always occurs on that tile). So... It is avoidable, and does nothing, but annoying, as I always seem to hit it.

Logan

Years

Right, OK.

2qls7qf.png

It only seems to do it on that tile exactly (I tested it, no matter where I come from, it always occurs on that tile). So... It is avoidable, and does nothing, but annoying, as I always seem to hit it.

o_O I don't even. There's a script on that tile, but it doesn't contain a Yes/No message box. So, I've no idea. It's got to be something to do with you losing that battle.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
o_O I don't even. There's a script on that tile, but it doesn't contain a Yes/No message box. So, I've no idea. It's got to be something to do with you losing that battle.

It was weird, I won all the battles in that route, other than that female trainer near the top. So... Something to do with her?

Logan

Years
I think I found the problem, just before I released it. I repointed a sprite over one of the offsets used in the script. A simple re-script will fix the problem.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I think I found the problem, just before I released it. I repointed a sprite over one of the offsets used in the script. A simple re-script will fix the problem.

Glad to be of little help to you Harry. If I find any more, I'll report them. But I doubt I will find some.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2011
I have downloaded the beta an di must say it looks good but i am unsure of how to get it to work. Its a lunar ips file or something

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
Years
on the beta

some tile errors (i don't know if you wanted that though)
picture.php

and the old man before he fights has glitchy text
the snorunt's teeth near the top are transparent
picture.php

hope it helps

Ven

Tyrian
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2011
on the beta

picture.php

I'm Pretty sure it's supposed to be like that.

Anyways, I really like the mapping in this game, It has a great mix of nintendo and natural style mapping.
A couple things though, I the outline on the purple flower might need a darker outline, it's a bit dull.
Also, I think the hair on the side view of the hero sprite, needs to be somehow flipped up, to look more like the front view of it, or maybe if you made it longer... Meh.
Anyways, I wish you luck~

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
picture.php

It's the same thing with maril. Apparently that 1 color has become completely transparent. Harry can probably fix it but I know he wont. It's nothing major, deal with it.

Also, I think the hair on the side view of the hero sprite, needs to be somehow flipped up, to look more like the front view of it, or maybe if you made it longer... Meh.
The hair would be too big If I actually gave it that lil' flip. This is pixel art you cant give a small sprite small details without somehow enlarging it.
Thanks though~

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
The Hero OW looks kinda weird when moving up, as his head doesn't move, but his body does... Not really major, but I am picky about this.
I forgot to actually do that lol...and i keep forgetting to do that. No big deal though, Harry can fix it himself.

And my LIPS is being gay, it won't let me patch Sienna :(

Logan

Years
I forgot to actually do that lol...and i keep forgetting to do that. No big deal though, Harry can fix it himself.

And my LIPS is being gay, it won't let me patch Sienna :(

Mhm.

I'll send you a ROM or something on msn.

It's the same thing with maril. Apparently that 1 color has become completely transparent. Harry can probably fix it but I know he wont. It's nothing major, deal with it.

The hair would be too big If I actually gave it that lil' flip. This is pixel art you cant give a small sprite small details without somehow enlarging it.
Thanks though~

I will fix it :( I'm going to release a bug fix beta soon.

I'm Pretty sure it's supposed to be like that.

Anyways, I really like the mapping in this game, It has a great mix of nintendo and natural style mapping.
A couple things though, I the outline on the purple flower might need a darker outline, it's a bit dull.

Thanks. :) I actually change the flower palette like 290 times before the beta, and I'm not joking.

on the beta

picture.php

and the old man before he fights has glitchy text
picture.php

hope it helps

That's not a tile error. And that's been reported before. :(

Glad to be of little help to you Harry. If I find any more, I'll report them. But I doubt I will find some.

Thanks.

Logan

Years
I released a Beta 1.1 with some bug fixes that VGAura pointed out, along with Deviation. Um, I haven't fixed any sprites yet though.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Why did you name the hack Sienna? Isn't that the city where Bond killed Mitchell...? xD
I'm playing this as soon as I get my computer back.

Back