• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Eon Duo?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Who would you say is your favorite of the Eon duo? Latios or Latias? Which one do you find yourself using more in a battle?

I like Latios more as he's the one that reminds me more of myself. I Also like his design. I found myself using Latias more though when it came to taking down the elite 4 just for the fun of it.

Years
I love the general design of both, I initially liked Latios the better of the two because I like blue-colored Pokemon (Ruby was also the version I played of the original Hoenn game duo) but recently I grew to love Latias just as much because I think she looks pretty adorable for a strong Legendary.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
They really look like each other, but I think I like Latias just a little more, I don't know why. I haven't really used either of them in battle much, so I can't say much about that.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I still have my Eon Ticket that I got imported from the US for my birthday back in 2003-2004.

Spoiler:

I played Ruby as a child and I was deeply upset when it was known that you can encounter Latios. As much as I like Latios, I do like the design of Latias more. I specifically like its Gen V sprite too.

380.gif

This played a large role in me getting White 2 when it was revealed the Eon Duo were obtainable.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
Both of them have a great design but i like Latios more. Besides it's red colour which my favorite colour, it also looks really adorable and cute. :3 I don't know why but i really like Latios more than Latias.

IAmVincentLiu

Poké Fan
Years
Is finding Latias to be cuter an acceptable reason? Because I sure like Latias.
Admittedly, I had no idea that choosing the color of the pokemon on TV in Emerald decides the Eon Duo, but I'm glad I chose red, because Latias is cuter. I have yet to find a niche for Latias, because currently I'm using an all-eeveelution team.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Latias
Im sorry latios u were my fav but after pokemon heroes i grew to love Latias it also seems more girly to me and really cute! I also love its golden shiny form haha.
Like how can you not like Latias? Haha although latios looks more powerful and seems it Latias is just so cute and has an adorable cry :)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I love Latios, he is powerful and he has a great design. He is one of my top favorite legendary Pokémon along Kyogre.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Latias is one of my favorite Pokemon. I had no idea she existed when I played Sapphire for the first time and encountered her while surfing around Pacifidlog Town. I tracked her down and caught her within 45 minutes. I was pretty stoked to see her in the next movie because she's so adorable; her anime appearances solidified her as my favorite Pokemon. Also, I bought Heart Gold and White2 and AlphaSapphire when I learned she was obtainable in these versions. :)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'd say Latios is probably my favourite, though generally I like both of them. I never actually caught either, though I could have easily done so had I actually known they were legendaries. Basically, some time after having beaten the Elite 4 and realising that this allowed for me to catch Rayquaza, I was making my way towards the Sky Pillar to catch it. Along the way I encountered Latios however, but decided just to run for it, as I thought it was just a wild Pokemon, since legendaries are typically stationary, and I was kinda focused on another one at the time. It wasn't until a friend asked when I'd found Latios and pointed out to me that it was legendary that I realised. The worst thing about it all was that I still had the Master Ball and could have easily caught it without having to chase it all around the region, but at the time I had no idea that I could even encounter it again anyways, so I thought I'd just completely missed my chance :p

But yeah, I'd say Latios is my favourite by a slight bit, partly because it's the only one of the two I've actually ever seen in-game, and partly also due to its role in the movie. Latias was cute and all, but I prefer how heroic Latios was to that :D

Years
I like them both, but I like Latias just a little bit more. Maybe it's because of her color - I mean, I like the colors of both of them, but her red has always made her a little more appealing visually to me than Latios' blue has. Maybe it's because she's just plain cute compared to the seriousness of Latios (I mean, nothing wrong with that, I just like cute things). It was just originally for those reasons - count me in as someone whose liking for her only grew after seeing her in the movie.

Battle-wise, I have not yet ever used either in a battle, so I can't say which I prefer there. :(

Sirfetch’d

I actually can't decide between the two. One day I like Latias more and then the next Latios is my favorite. Truth is both are so similar and amazing that it's impossible to pick. I probably use Latias a bit more because I like it's use competitively slightly more but overall both are among my favorite legendaries ever :3

Back