• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together: Welcome to the PokéCommunity Olympics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Was embarrassed to be Team Johto for a second considering I'm an ORAS mod, but I have the same name as a Gym Leader from the region..... so.... I guess.... it's okay.........,,,... forgive me dave/peppers

Years
I guess I missed the start or something, I didn't even notice anything until I saw Team Kalos under my name and thought 'hell no how do I change this'. I guess it doesn't matter now lol I would've changed to literally any other region. This sounds similar to the yearly stuff from another forum I go on and I'm pretty loaded on different tournaments and stuff from that already so I think I'll just cheer people on.

go team kalos wooo. have fun.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 7, 2015
What is the ip of the minecraft server?
and how do change to team sinnoh?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Was embarrassed to be Team Johto for a second considering I'm an ORAS mod, but I have the same name as a Gym Leader from the region..... so.... I guess.... it's okay.........,,,... forgive me dave/peppers
I'm the X/Y mod but I chose Team Unova so it's all good

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
Great idea for the 12th Get-Together; let's see if I can actually partake in one! XD And I like that the "For Fun/For Glory" thread prefixes apparently reference Super Smash Bros. 4! ^^

#Team Hoenn!!!!

...is what I would like to say, but apparently I got assigned to Team Unova.. (someone on the PokeCommunity Battle Server told me that the option to change one's region in one's profile was disabled yesterday..?) I'm not sure what to say since Pokemon Black 1/White 1 are currently my least favorite core series game(s)... At least I got the United States (specifically, New York+New Jersey states) Pokemon region analogue..?!

I'm a bit conflicted now, so... GO HOENN! No wait, GO UNOVA! But srsly, GO HOENN!
(I'm still willing to change to Team Hoenn at anytime!)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Great idea for the 12th Get-Together; let's see if I can actually partake in one! XD And I like that the "For Fun/For Glory" thread prefixes apparently reference Super Smash Bros. 4! ^^

#Team Hoenn!!!!

...is what I would like to say, but apparently I got assigned to Team Unova.. (someone on the PokeCommunity Battle Server told me that the option to change one's region in one's profile was disabled yesterday..?) I'm not sure what to say since Pokemon Black 1/White 1 are currently my least favorite core series game(s)... At least I got the United States (specifically, New York+New Jersey states) Pokemon region analogue..?!

I'm a bit conflicted now, so... GO HOENN! No wait, GO UNOVA! But srsly, GO HOENN!
(I'm still willing to change to Team Hoenn at anytime!)

I call foul play. I remember you and you were definitely a regular of Black and White therefore they could not be your least favorite as you clearly will have nostalgia of all your fun discussions there and therefore fully support Unova.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I call foul play. I remember you and you were definitely a regular of Black and White therefore they could not be your least favorite as you clearly will have nostalgia of all your fun discussions there and therefore fully support Unova.

2.%20laugh.gif
I liked how you invoked a Generation 5-debuting move in your first sentence, Forever (haha, I should've guessed you'd be Team Unova, too). I remember you, too! :P Ah, nostalgia...to be honest, most of my listening to of fanmade Pokemon-ish music tracks (like this one - "VS. Team Zephyr Grunt") and seeking-out of Fakemon (like this thread) were ramped up thanks to the Pokemon Black/White Version era/subforum-exploring..and those forum games were fun and stuff, like the crosswords and the insanely stressful and nerve-wracking engaging cute little Deerling hunt on the PokeCommunity forums.. ^_^

To be honest, it's not Unova itself that I dislike (the geography itself is appealing, the Unova League key Trainers are well-designed, the region did give us a good chunk of cool Pokemon, and hosts a really engaging plot - probably my favorite out of all the core series plots, even without having played the game yet
9.%20blush.gif
) but more certain implementations of Pokemon Black/White - as in, coming off the heels of Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, a lot of features were removed/worsened (no permanent Running Shoes like in Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, no Seals/Capsules of Generation 4, lessening the overworld threat of Poison, no Move Tutors, no Contests, no Game Corner, no full overworld follow-me feature for Pokemon, no Safari Zone, the slight 'redundancies' of Unova Pokemon when juxtaposed with Kanto Pokemon (even though that was kind of the point of the 'rebirth' thing), the onset of restricting certain Abilities to services of online access, Battle Frontier downgrading, etc..). Granted, the Game Corner thing isn't Unova's fault, and Pokemon Black 2/White 2 managed to largely rectify Pokemon Black/White's shortcomings (and managed to introduce the awesome Pokemon World Tournament and gave DS sprites for Hoenn Gym Leaders <3).. Pokemon Black/White at least pioneered the much-appreciated "reusable TMs" feature, so that's a major plus.. :3

Still, Unova is a pretty nice region, and all that speculation was neat.. XD (too bad I don't have that much time these days like I did during the Pokemon Black/White Versions pre-release/release era...sigh, I can't believe it's been 5 years since then.. :~) I guess I can wave the Unova banner for these PokeCommunity Get-Together Olympics, then.. XD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Kanto.. but uh... where's the info for the blogging competition? I cant seem to find it in all the usual places I thought it'd be. Help please? I haven't logged on for a while haha..

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
Kanto.. but uh... where's the info for the blogging competition? I cant seem to find it in all the usual places I thought it'd be. Help please? I haven't logged on for a while haha..

Here:

It is called the "Blog Off", you can ask Gimmepie about why he didn't come up with anything snazzy for a title

Hope that helps!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back