• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XIV: Regional Rivalry

Which are your favorites?

• Total voters
Years
Welcome to another Pokémon Poll of the Week, here in Pokémon General! These threads are pretty simple- pick a few options from the poll above, and feel free to post about your choices. As always with these threads, we do ask that you follow our golden rule:
Expand on your answers! Don't just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon - tell us why! If you're just listing or giving very short answers, your post may either be deleted, or be up for a warning/infraction.​
Remember, you could be the next poll creator here in the PokePOTW! If you'd like to submit your poll, just post or leave me a message with a future POTW idea of your own, and if yours gets picked for the next thread, you'll also be the brand-new owner of an exclusive emblem!

Now with that out of the way, this week's poll question is:

"Which are your favorite regions?"

With the Get-Together/PokéCommunity Olympics underway, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to ask everyone what their favorite regions in the Pokemon world are! You're free to pick more than one, so if you're representing a region in the Olympics, don't feel obligated to vote for just them in the poll. Now with that out of the way, let the voting begin!!

Years
I voted for Johto and Unova.

I love the history of Johto, the Ruins of Alph in particular, as well as Slowpokes being honoured! It's also home to my all time fave, Heracross! If I could change one thing about Johto though, it would be to give them an Elite Four/Champion of their own.

Black & White were my first games so for that reason alone I have a soft spot for Unova. I think the map artwork is spectacular too. It's cool that it is so far away from the other regions and that it introduced so many new Pokemon. I also think that Unova has the best villains!

Years
All except Kanto and Johto for me.

There's something about Hoenn's environment that makes it well-loved, from having a literal rainforest-like route to being an island surrounded by water, and even a desert and volcano.

Sinnoh's cold climate also makes it stand out in a way, in that it has an actual snowy route, and Mt. Coronet is also interesting given how it splits the region into completely opposite areas, which also differs the appearance of Shellos and Gastrodon. Plus, 4th Gen did introduce tons of cute Pokemon.

Unova, like where do I begin with this? 5th Gen is my baby because the story was interesting, and Unova has such huge diversity with environments, plus having a big city that is like an actual big city. The Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Pokemon are all really awesome as well.

Kalos is also unique with its French inspiration, and how the routes even have alternative French-looking names to them. I also love most of the Pokemon introduced in 6th Gen, along with bringing an absolutely cute character in Serena.

Years
For me it's Hoenn and Sinnoh.
Even though a lot of people don't like the long passages and many cave areas etc. in Sinnoh, I still find it to be one of the prettier regions. I really liked the introduction of snowy routes, and the art style appealed to me for some reason.
And then of course Hoenn, just because how damn good it looks in OR/AS

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Sinnoh wins for me. (Yes, I know I'm Team Johto.) I love the region's structure and there are many things to do. It has a bit of everything well spread over the region.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Hoenn's been my most favorite for a long, long time, and will likely continue to be for years to come.

What I like most about Hoenn is how diverse its locations seem to be; almost every town and city has something unique to help set them apart from each other. Slateport has its market, for example, while Lilycove has a department store, and both of these places are, in-game, respectively brighter and darker in color-wise, leading latter location to have sort of a different mood than former and vice-versa.

Aside from Hoenn, I'm also fond of Kalos due to similar reasons, as well as Johto.

Sirfetch’d

Even though I am #teamjohto, Hoenn will always be my favorite region. It housed the best locations, Verdanturf, Fortree, Mossdeep, Slateport, etc and just overall was a thing of beauty. Not to mention it is home to my favorite Pokemon ever, Castform! :3

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I have a top three in no particular order kanto, hoenn, and kalos

I think they're all regions I would live in if they were real and I really like the pokemon from each of them

pkmin3033

Sinnoh! I know you can vote for more than one, and I could have quite happily added votes for Kanto and Johto, but that would give the false impression that my favourite region is comparable to those two. I love Sinnoh far more than I do either of those two. I love the expanded mythology of the region with its classical motif, the wider variety of locations - Snowpoint and Canalave in particular really strike me as unique locations - and the characters, which are far more diverse and interesting in my opinion.

Team Galactic remains my favourite team - Cyrus is easily the best villain Pokemon has ever had in my opinion - and, of course, Sinnoh started the female Champion trend, and Cynthia remains the only one who has ever given me an actual challenge. Plus the soundtrack was leaps and bounds better than the godawful trumpeting of the previous region and, whilst sound quality improved with Gen VI, none of the tracks were quite as memorable to me. Proportionately, I like more Sinnoh Pokemon than not - very few bad designs in this generation - and the new mechanics it introduced (and the stuff it brought back) made a more lasting impression on me. I have fond memories of Kanto and Johto, but Sinnoh revitalized what had previously been a waning interest in the franchise after Hoenn, so it gets my vote.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Johto is my soul, Kanto is my heart. I vote Johto because it's always been the region I like the most in terms of routes, locations, pokemon and actual games. The only less great thing about Johto is the plot of the games haha.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Horns and Kalos. It's mainly because of their good graphics and Pokémon introduced in those generations. Pokémon Contests and Mega Evolutions FTW!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I voted for every region but Hoenn.

Johto, Sinnoh, and Kalos are great for their history. Especially Johto. I was obsessed with Johto's mythology for months, researching into the origins of Lugia, Ho-Oh, and the legendary beasts. Doing that research was really the start of my interest in the Shinto religion. While Sinnoh and Kalos are interesting for their legendary Pokemon. Like they have the creators of time and space for Sinnoh, and the bringers for death and life for Kalos.

It also helps that Pearl and Y are some of the games that I had the most fun playing.

Kanto gets a vote because it was my first region and the region for FireRed/LeafGreen. It's probably the region that I can say feels the most like "home" to me, since I spent so much time exploring every corner of it.

fabulousib

The FabulousIb
Years
  • Age 25
  • U.S.
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Kanto and Johto. ;p
I love these regions because I love the simplicity of it and find it charming, and I like how it's based upon the Kanto region in Japan. IMO Kanto and Johto have the best pokemon and the best games thus far. (Although Hoenn is excellent, for some reason I have a mild distaste for the 3rd gen graphics in it and i'm not a big fan of the remake xP )

Back