• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Ordered 2 of the Pika-dos/Pika-karp Japanese Pokémon Centre exclusive boxes. Box 2 cost me half the price of the first one, should've waited.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened the two Japanese boxes I got today, the second one gave me an extra holo in place of an ex unfortunately. :(
But I also opened some packs including a Rayquaza pin blister and got Gallade Full Art...
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Went to Target today and found some successive 3 packs, actually quite a few. Since the successive packs were the lucky packarts for me and next to each other I figured they'd have good pull rates. Even found one with 3 Groudon packs.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Was a bit surprised by a couple, usually you get 1 holo or 1 ex or 1 full art or 1 secret or no holos at all. Rarely you get 2 ex's. Even more rare then that you get 2 holos.
In one of the packs I got 2 holos, that was the 3 Groudon pack though so maybe it being a rare 3 pack gave rare pulls?
I also got a second Gallade FA, I don't think I've ever pulled the same full art in 2 days, I pulled the same full art in the span of 3 days a couple times, Yveltal FA and Wally FA but never the next day. Either way I love this card so I'm happy, contemplating buying Winona FA and not buying anymore Roaring Skies packs since it's the only card I'm looking for anyways.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
So, I went a little crazy and opened everything I had sealed. Decided to just collect Japanese XY sets (but only the EX's, Full Arts & Secrets) as I was doing the same before in English but I much prefer the look of the Japanese cards. I made a good start but I have a long way to go..

Anyway, I got my Pokémon Centre Pikachu set in yesterday. The Cards are really cool, and I pulled 2 EX's from the Bandit Ring packs which were unfortunately doubles but hey ho. The set comes with a card storage box, 64 sleeves, a deck box and dividers. If anyone's on the fence, the stuff you get is amazing so I'd highly recommend it.

Spoiler:

I opened the Reshiram & Zekrom Full Art Promo sets and got this! This little beauty is staying with me. This was the first pack of Japanese cards I opened so this will be my good luck charm.. eh, eh.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Yesterday I went to Meijer, they are having their 20% off sale. I got some packs and got Colorless Mega Rayquaza Ex and Primal Groudon Ex. The Rayquaza is really pretty with the contrast between the pink, green and white.
Today I went to the other Meijer and got an ETB, it was $33.00 on sale. Also some plasma storm packs, they were $3.35 each. And a couple 3 packs, they were about $10.00 each.
Here's what I got.
Spoiler:

The Colress was in the very last pack I opened of PS, wasn't expecting it to be honest. It seems PS is repackaged with a lot of holos but hardly any ex's. They are evenly disputed though, no duplicate holos. That's actually my second Colress FA, the first one I pulled back in 2013, I think it was only my 8th ultra rare at the time, in contrast this one is my 469th.

The ETB was meh, I did get an ex but could have been better. I did get a new Ultra Rare from Primal Clash, but it's very poorly made. You can see black spots on the bottom, this texture they are using does this often, somehow these black spots are actually tiny holes and on the back they appear as tiny white spots. This texture so far is the only texture that can cause this. The card is also very light, as though they were running out of ink. But I really don't care about either of these. For one it's not miscut so it still looks good from a distance and this is 1/5 cards I need to finish Primal Clash.
I also got a Roaring Skies pack that had 2 Latios packs and low and behold two holos. It seems when I buy ones with 3 different arts I either get a holo or nothing, but these double art packs have been lucky for me.
tumblr_nqzcivhNS91r12rm4o6_r1_540.jpg

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
First off, I cant believe the luck I'm having with Japanese cards. Saturday I got Xerneas FA, Emolga FA & Heracross FA for £17, then yesterday I got a Mega Gsrdevoir for £5. Well today I got a Wild Blaze box in the mail (still waiting on one more) and a Charizard deck which I'm keeping for myself. So I opened the Wild Blaze box and the thing I was most hoping for was a Mega Charizard because I hadn't got one yet, but I was not expecting I would pull this.
Spoiler:

It's absolutely beautiful. I'm still in shock I got so lucky as to pull one myself!

I also had a good day loose cards in the mail wise, got these for a steal too! All mint. I really am enjoying collecting again.
Spoiler:

Years
Yesterday I went to Meijer, they are having their 20% off sale. I got some packs and got Colorless Mega Rayquaza Ex and Primal Groudon Ex. The Rayquaza is really pretty with the contrast between the pink, green and white.
Today I went to the other Meijer and got an ETB, it was $33.00 on sale. Also some plasma storm packs, they were $3.35 each. And a couple 3 packs, they were about $10.00 each.
Here's what I got.
Spoiler:

The Colress was in the very last pack I opened of PS, wasn't expecting it to be honest. It seems PS is repackaged with a lot of holos but hardly any ex's. They are evenly disputed though, no duplicate holos. That's actually my second Colress FA, the first one I pulled back in 2013, I think it was only my 8th ultra rare at the time, in contrast this one is my 469th.

The ETB was meh, I did get an ex but could have been better. I did get a new Ultra Rare from Primal Clash, but it's very poorly made. You can see black spots on the bottom, this texture they are using does this often, somehow these black spots are actually tiny holes and on the back they appear as tiny white spots. This texture so far is the only texture that can cause this. The card is also very light, as though they were running out of ink. But I really don't care about either of these. For one it's not miscut so it still looks good from a distance and this is 1/5 cards I need to finish Primal Clash.
I also got a Roaring Skies pack that had 2 Latios packs and low and behold two holos. It seems when I buy ones with 3 different arts I either get a holo or nothing, but these double art packs have been lucky for me.
tumblr_nqzcivhNS91r12rm4o6_r1_540.jpg

Kinda jealous of what you got as well as the fact that your local store has 20% off sales that apply to Pokemon cards.

First off, I cant believe the luck I'm having with Japanese cards. Saturday I got Xerneas FA, Emolga FA & Heracross FA for £17, then yesterday I got a Mega Gsrdevoir for £5. Well today I got a Wild Blaze box in the mail (still waiting on one more) and a Charizard deck which I'm keeping for myself. So I opened the Wild Blaze box and the thing I was most hoping for was a Mega Charizard because I hadn't got one yet, but I was not expecting I would pull this.
Spoiler:

It's absolutely beautiful. I'm still in shock I got so lucky as to pull one myself!

I also had a good day loose cards in the mail wise, got these for a steal too! All mint. I really am enjoying collecting again.
Spoiler:

Hot damn! Super jealous of all those!

Found a few packs while cleaning on Sunday (I sometimes buy stuff and forget about it). I opened a Primal Clash checklane blister from those. The Blister came with a Fennekin coin and special holo version of the XY Rhyperior. Pack contained: Delcatty, Shrine of Memories, Repeat Ball.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I went back to Meijers to take advantage of this sale. Noticed the sticker said the sale was ending on the 4th but it's still going.

I bought a Primal Clash etb and it's definitely my best ETB to date, it contained a Mega Aggron Ex, Kyorge Ex and an Archie's Ace in the Hole Full Art. Unfortunately I have at least 4 of each of these 3 cards now so I just can't seem to stop pulling some cards from that set. The ETB was double wrapped also.
Spoiler:

I also bought all the Plasma Storm packs they had, 16 of them and with the packs I bought yesterday, overall I bought 30 packs and pulled 1 Colress Full Art and 1 White Kyurem Ex as well as 8 holos. I'm thinking these repackaged Plasma Storm packs have lower pull ratios for ultra rares. I did get a bunch of new revs at least.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
This morning I got two Phantom Gate Booster Boxes in, opened them and I say success. No Full Arts out of each, but I did pull Mega Manectric, Manectric & Malamar EX's along with both Flare cards so more than happy with that as I needed all of them. Have a spare Gengar EX & now 2 Florges but I'll try and trade those away. I also got a Mega Gardevoir in the mail that I got for £5 and its minty mint. All in all a good day. Got a good few deals on eBay too so doing quite well on my Japanese collection so far!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I went to Meijers and bougt a lot of single packs of Plasma Storm and Roaring Skies.

I separated them by packart to see what gave what. But I can't base my pulls on Roaring Skies since the pulls were terrible, in 13 packs I pulled 13 non holo rares. I bought 5 Rayquaza, 4 Gallade and 4 Latios.

I also bought 12 PS packs, I got 7 Articuno, they had 2 Ace Specs and 1 Ex. The weird thing about the ex is it was in an opened pack. I noticed the pack was ripped in the store but it didn't appear to be ripped so that you could remove the pack, get home it's is opened so you can remove the pack and the pack is open too. But it has a White Kyurem Ex in it. I definitely pulled ultras from open packs before, but those were sealed inside the outer package meaning they were opened in processing. I'm thinking someone opened it, saw the ex and decided not to take it...

The Lugia packs were very good, I got Black Kyurem Ex, Lugia Ex and Moltres Ex.

I bought 3 Primal Clash packs and pulled 1 Holo.

Years
This morning I got two Phantom Gate Booster Boxes in, opened them and I say success. No Full Arts out of each, but I did pull Mega Manectric, Manectric & Malamar EX's along with both Flare cards so more than happy with that as I needed all of them. Have a spare Gengar EX & now 2 Florges but I'll try and trade those away. I also got a Mega Gardevoir in the mail that I got for £5 and its minty mint. All in all a good day. Got a good few deals on eBay too so doing quite well on my Japanese collection so far!

Where are you mostly buying your Japanese cards from? eBay?

My luck just keeps continuing! Pulled this from my Emerald Break box.. !!!
Spoiler:

Jealous, man!

Today I went to Meijers and bougt a lot of single packs of Plasma Storm and Roaring Skies.

I separated them by packart to see what gave what. But I can't base my pulls on Roaring Skies since the pulls were terrible, in 13 packs I pulled 13 non holo rares. I bought 5 Rayquaza, 4 Gallade and 4 Latios.

I also bought 12 PS packs, I got 7 Articuno, they had 2 Ace Specs and 1 Ex. The weird thing about the ex is it was in an opened pack. I noticed the pack was ripped in the store but it didn't appear to be ripped so that you could remove the pack, get home it's is opened so you can remove the pack and the pack is open too. But it has a White Kyurem Ex in it. I definitely pulled ultras from open packs before, but those were sealed inside the outer package meaning they were opened in processing. I'm thinking someone opened it, saw the ex and decided not to take it...

The Lugia packs were very good, I got Black Kyurem Ex, Lugia Ex and Moltres Ex.

I bought 3 Primal Clash packs and pulled 1 Holo.

I thought it had been pretty much confirmed that pack art had no bearing on pulls.

Anyway, opened a Roaring Skies checklane blister today. It had a Pikachu coin and a XY48 Black Star Promo Meowstic. Pack contained: Dustox and Double Dragon Energy.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Well I think the Roaring Skies packs were weighed. If they weren't then the 1 in 3 ratios for holos is out the window. I mean 0 holos in 12 packs is kind of suspicious.

Either way some packarts are just more lucky for me then others.
They go in this order for my full art pulls from Primal Clash, Aggron, Groudon, Gardevoir, Kyorge (My last elite trainer box had 2 of each design and 2 of the ultras were in Aggron packs)
And in this order for Roaring Skies, Gallade, Rayquaza, Latios and Deoxys
In Phantom Forces Aegislash was my luckiest packart, it was the packart to contain the Silver Dialga
I'll definitely continue to buy Lugia packs from Plasma Storm

Of course I've never seen a full art pulled from a Primal Kyorge pack on Youtube and I've only ever pulled regular ex's or holos from them as well, I think I've only seen 2 full arts from Deoxys packs. I believe Pokecapital opened a case and only got 1 full art out of a Deoxys pack.... In a case... So I usually tend to ignore those packarts. Of course I'm talking about the plastic pack inside holding the cards, not the cardboard sleeve on the outside, that can be any design.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Where are you mostly buying your Japanese cards from? eBay?

Yeah eBay, I haven't paid over a tenner for any card so far. Last night I ordered Full Art Gengar for £6, Full Art Sharpedo for £6 & Full Art Groudon & Yveltal for £7. The deals are certainly there, just got to hunt.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I bought 3 Plasma Storm packs and a couple triple blisters from Toys R Us. The only exs I pulled was a Full Art Cobalion and a White Kyurem Ex.

Last edited:
Years
Well I think the Roaring Skies packs were weighed. If they weren't then the 1 in 3 ratios for holos is out the window. I mean 0 holos in 12 packs is kind of suspicious.

Either way some packarts are just more lucky for me then others.
They go in this order for my full art pulls from Primal Clash, Aggron, Groudon, Gardevoir, Kyorge (My last elite trainer box had 2 of each design and 2 of the ultras were in Aggron packs)
And in this order for Roaring Skies, Gallade, Rayquaza, Latios and Deoxys
In Phantom Forces Aegislash was my luckiest packart, it was the packart to contain the Silver Dialga
I'll definitely continue to buy Lugia packs from Plasma Storm

Of course I've never seen a full art pulled from a Primal Kyorge pack on Youtube and I've only ever pulled regular ex's or holos from them as well, I think I've only seen 2 full arts from Deoxys packs. I believe Pokecapital opened a case and only got 1 full art out of a Deoxys pack.... In a case... So I usually tend to ignore those packarts. Of course I'm talking about the plastic pack inside holding the cards, not the cardboard sleeve on the outside, that can be any design.

Sucks that they were probably already weighed.

Yeah eBay, I haven't paid over a tenner for any card so far. Last night I ordered Full Art Gengar for £6, Full Art Sharpedo for £6 & Full Art Groudon & Yveltal for £7. The deals are certainly there, just got to hunt.

That all sounds pretty good for deals.

Today I bought 3 Plasma Storm packs and a couple triple blisters. The only exs I pulled was a Full Art Cobalion and a White Kyurem Ex.

2 in 9 isn't completely awful of a rate.

Anyway, I opened a Roaring Skies blister pack with the Rayquaza pin.

Roaring Skies Pack: reverse holo Switch, Dragonite, Rayquaza Spirit Link.
Primal Clash Pack: Diggersby, Weakness Policy, Rough Seas
Phantom Forces Pack: Gliscor, Target Whistle

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Sorry, but I reread my post and realized it sounded like I was mad I got 2 ex's. I was super happy, I meant the best cards I got today. I also got a couple holos, a Jirachi and a Swampert as well as a couple rare revs.

I also got some perfect packarts from Plasma Storm, it's a really difficult set to get good packarts from Storm because the packs usually shred.

So looking over the last few days of Plasma Storm, I've been wanting to buy a PS booster box again but it's $289.99. If I look at my recent pulls alltogether I bought 45 packs since the 6th, they cost $157.59 not including tax. Most of them were either $3.35 each or $3.51. 3 of them were $4.99 each.

I pulled 2 FA's, 6 Ex's, 2 Ace Spec and 8 Holos. As well as 5 Hypnotoxic Lasers and 2 Virbank City Gyms.
Spoiler:

So I got 9 more packs then a booster box, for about 120 dollars less then a booster box. The only bad thing being all the cards I got excluding revs were duplicates I pulled in the past.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I went to Target today looking for Ancient Origins poacks, they didn't have any. So instead I got some other products. I found a Garchomp box that had 2 Flashfire and 2 Primal Clash.
The box had a M Charizard X Ex and a Holo Azumarill.

I also opened 4 3 packs
Primal Clash pack #1 had Professor Birch, my 4th
Primal Clash pack #2 had Primal Groudon as well as revs for Gorebyss, Delcatty and Tangrowth.
Roaring Skies had Wally FA and Dragonite Holo, I saw the silver border and was praying for Winona, but alas it was another Wally.
Flashfire had a Charizard Ex.
Spoiler:

It seems I can pull ultra rares for days, but I just can't pull some ultras. I'm thinking about buying a couple for full arts, mostly just Winona and Lysandre's Trump Card though that would bring my bcbm count up and I don't want to. I'm conflicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back