• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Darkness Falls~ *Dark Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Do you always use a dark type on your ingame team? Is it a necessity to always have one? If you dont what type do you use instead of dark or is there a poke you use thats not a dark type but can learn dark type moves?
No, I don't. They're often not obtainable early in the game and I've formed my final team often very quickly. I think Honchkrow in Diamond is one of the only dark Pokémon I've used on my team.
I'm pretty sure none of the types are types you have to have on your team, as long as your team has a decent amount of diversity, it's fine to play with.
A Pokémon with a dark type move is always a good use against ghosts, which resist the standard normal type moves, and psychic, which can often do a lot of damage if you don't take them out quickly. Luckily there are many Pokémon learning Bite in low levels.

POTW: Greninja
I haven't used it yet, as I haven't played the sixth generation. (In my first playthrough I would probably pick Fennekin.) Ninjas are always awesome and Greninja is no exception. It has a rare type combination and the ability to throw water as shurikens is really cool. I'm not a fan of it's Protean ability, it will instantly make it lose its cool dual type upon using an attack. I'd rather have that seen as Kecleon's unique ability, because it's chameleon changing types.
If it would get a Mega, I see it in a darker shade of blue, nearing black, and having a cape or a cloak.

Also if you got a name change in the last year if you could just add that in your next post saying that your name on the member list is still your old one thatd be great and ill get the list fully updated! Thanks :)

I was going to reply and mention myself, but I saw you changed that already. :)

Have you ever used it competitively or in game?

Sadly no, as I chose Delphox in X and haven't done another playthrough.

Oh, the irony.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
Do you always use a dark type on your ingame team? Is it a necessity to always have one? If you dont what type do you use instead of dark or is there a poke you use thats not a dark type but can learn dark type moves?
Not always, there are a lot of different pokémon that can learn plenty of Dark-type moves. I usually make up my team as I go along so I don't really use any type as a counterpart to the Dark-type. It's just more fun that way.

I like it in Smash 4 a lot, even after all the nerfs to it. I haven't really used it in the games, as I've only really done one playthrough of X/Y and I picked Fennekin in that one. Ninjas are cool though, right?

actually i think ninjas are overrated but still

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Yeeeeeeee boy!

Greninja is awesome, and this time I'm gonna talk about it without prompts because imo they hinder 'conversation' whatever the hell that is! (Lmao)

Greninja was recommended to me by a friend on the account of it being 'op'. Haha, we only play in-game, and not competitively so anything that makes the game ridiculously easy or broken is op to us. On account of it's hidden ability to make all moves STAB. I don't know if this is true or not, but hey. I picked Froakie and had a breeze. It's such a fun Pokémon to use, and I just overall love its concept. I have to say though, I expected some of the moves to look a little better in game haha, but that's besides the point. My Greninja helped me beat the E4 easily and soloed the Fire E4 (the name of whom I don't remember don't hurt me). So yeah. Awesome Pokémon, awesome POTW :D

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
No, I don't. They're often not obtainable early in the game and I've formed my final team often very quickly. I think Honchkrow in Diamond is one of the only dark Pokémon I've used on my team.
I'm pretty sure none of the types are types you have to have on your team, as long as your team has a decent amount of diversity, it's fine to play with.
A Pokémon with a dark type move is always a good use against ghosts, which resist the standard normal type moves, and psychic, which can often do a lot of damage if you don't take them out quickly. Luckily there are many Pokémon learning Bite in low levels.

I haven't used it yet, as I haven't played the sixth generation. (In my first playthrough I would probably pick Fennekin.) Ninjas are always awesome and Greninja is no exception. It has a rare type combination and the ability to throw water as shurikens is really cool. I'm not a fan of it's Protean ability, it will instantly make it lose its cool dual type upon using an attack. I'd rather have that seen as Kecleon's unique ability, because it's chameleon changing types.
If it would get a Mega, I see it in a darker shade of blue, nearing black, and having a cape or a cloak.

I was going to reply and mention myself, but I saw you changed that already. :)

Oh, the irony.
Oh ya haha I should have mentioned I changed a few that I knew off the top of my head :)

Yaaaaaaaassss.

Sadly no, as I chose Delphox in X and haven't done another playthrough. I will definitely choose it if we get another game with Kalos in it.

I'm with Lycanthropy that is very ironic haha

Yeeeeeeee boy!

Greninja is awesome, and this time I'm gonna talk about it without prompts because imo they hinder 'conversation' whatever the hell that is! (Lmao)

Greninja was recommended to me by a friend on the account of it being 'op'. Haha, we only play in-game, and not competitively so anything that makes the game ridiculously easy or broken is op to us. On account of it's hidden ability to make all moves STAB. I don't know if this is true or not, but hey. I picked Froakie and had a breeze. It's such a fun Pokémon to use, and I just overall love its concept. I have to say though, I expected some of the moves to look a little better in game haha, but that's besides the point. My Greninja helped me beat the E4 easily and soloed the Fire E4 (the name of whom I don't remember don't hurt me). So yeah. Awesome Pokémon, awesome POTW :D
I agree it is pretty op nonetheless an awesome Pokemon though! I like its ability it's pretty good in competitive battling but I don't find that it fits him as a Pokemon as said above I think it defianately is better for kecleon.

So I guess we are due for a new topic then huh? Well here's one I've been saving for awhile since my friend asked me it last week.

Do you think we should have another dark type legendary? If so what typing would it have? And what purpose or special powers would be fitting for it to have in game?

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
Username: VillageofDragons
Reason you love dark types: I just love how unique most Dark type Pokemon are, especially Greninja and Hydreigon (:3). A lot of them also have good movepools and some of them are in high tiers because of how strong they are
3 partner pokemon: Hydreigon, Zweilous, and Deino
Answer any current topic: See below

Current Topic(s):
Current Bi-Monthly Pokemon of the Week
Do you think we should have another dark type legendary? If so what typing would it have? And what purpose or special powers would be fitting for it to have in game?

Yes, I do. I think we should have a Dark/Fairy type legendary introduced, possibly in a sequel of Pokemon X and Y to showcase the differences and similarities between Xerneas and Yveltal. It would be able to bring life to things and Pokemon as well as take it away at will, depending on the circumstance that the situation calls for. It would also be able to communicate telepathically with trainers like Ash in a movie for example.

Dedenne1

Years
So Since the current topic is alittle slow i guess its time for a new POTW!
Dark Type POTW
275.png

Shiftry, The Wicked Pokémon. By flapping its leafy fan, it can whip up gusts of 100 ft/second that can level houses. It lives quietly in the deep forest. It is said to create chilly winter winds with the fans it holds. It was feared as a forest guardian. It can read the foe's mind and take preemptive action. It is a mysterious Pokémon that is said to live atop towering trees dating back over a thousand years. It creates terrific windstorms with the fans it holds.

Pretty cool poke right? So lets get to some questions!

(If you havent why seriously why haha)

Whats your overall opinion of Shiftry?

Whats your opinion of the design and appearance of Shiftry?

If you were to give it a mega, what would you change?

Do you think its movepool is large enough? Is there any moves that you think Shiftry should be able to use?

Other Thoughts?

Username: VillageofDragons
Reason you love dark types: I just love how unique most Dark type Pokemon are, especially Greninja and Hydreigon (:3). A lot of them also have good movepools and some of them are in high tiers because of how strong they are
3 partner pokemon: Hydreigon, Zweilous, and Deino
Answer any current topic: See below

Current Topic(s):
Current Bi-Monthly Pokemon of the Week

Yes, I do. I think we should have a Dark/Fairy type legendary introduced, possibly in a sequel of Pokemon X and Y to showcase the differences and similarities between Xerneas and Yveltal. It would be able to bring life to things and Pokemon as well as take it away at will, depending on the circumstance that the situation calls for. It would also be able to communicate telepathically with trainers like Ash in a movie for example.
Welcome to the club villageofdragons! I love your partners ive always liked the line eventhough its got a serious weakness to fairies its still super cool and super powerful! Glad to have you on board and ill add you to the member list asap!

Last edited by a moderator:

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
I did use Shiftry once, it's not too bad, has a decent movepool but i'm not a huge fan
of it's design.
I don't think Shiftry needs a mega but i can see it happen.

Years
Hmm, Shiftry. I'm now reminded of Bruschetta from Marriland's Omega Ruby Wedlocke all over again.

Shiftry is interesting with its Grass/Dark type combination, which sadly doesn't benefit well given all the weaknesses that come with it (7 of them, ouch) but it does have some strong offensive power on both ends, plus it does learn some really strong moves like Leaf Blade, which is often a great physical move of choice for Grass-types. Being the first evolution line to learn Extrasensory as well is another standout for it, and I do love how it's based on a tengu. It makes for such a cool design.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I've never used Shiftry, it just never totally appealed to me. It's not a bad Pokémon by any means and its design is alright, but I just never really cared for it much.

Nope, I just never really had the desire to.

Not amazing, but not bad either, it's above average for me.

Whats your opinion of the design and appearance of Greninja?

It's very unique I must say, it's just not totally my thing.

Not really sure, I never thought about it before.

Do you think its movepool is large enough? Is there any moves that you think Shiftry should be able to use?

It has a pretty good movepool, so I don't think it really needs a whole lot more.

Lycanthropy

Years
A dark type legendary would always be nice, but as we had Yveltal in the previous generation already, I don't feel we need one as box legendary. Side legendaries rarely have a real story focused around them sadly.

VillageofDragons

Years
Have you ever used it competitively or in game? No, I haven't. I just never had the wanting to use this Pokemon. It never appealed to me.
(If you havent why seriously why haha)

Whats your overall opinion of Shiftry? It's a nice Pokemon with a good movepool and unique typing, but because of its typing it is also really easy to beat in battle.

Whats your opinion of the design and appearance of Shiftry? I think its design looks cool, especially because it is based on a Tengu. I like how its hands are grass fans and its hair is long and white.

If you were to give it a mega, what would you change? I would make its hair turn black, its eyes turn red, longer hair, its fan hands have several more, sharper leaves around it, and the skin tone of is body is a darker color.

Do you think its movepool is large enough? Is there any moves that you think Shiftry should be able to use? I think its movepool is quite good. I don't believe that it should get any more moves to use since it already has a wide assortment to choose from.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 31, 2023
I've never used Shiftry, it just never totally appealed to me. It's not a bad Pokémon by any means and its design is alright, but I just never really cared for it much.

Nope, I just never really had the desire to.

Not amazing, but not bad either, it's above average for me.

Whats your opinion of the design and appearance of Greninja?

It's very unique I must say, it's just not totally my thing.

Not really sure, I never thought about it before.

It has a pretty good movepool, so I don't think it really needs a whole lot more.

I feel the the same way its cool looking and alright also could use a mega evo

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
Years

It looks intimidating. but i don't see it being a part Dark type. it looks like Grass/Ice (or Grass/Ground?) for me x] but still, pretty cool and unique typing pokemon :) be careful on bug stuffs though lol about movepool, i think its fair enough and adding more is unnecesarry. but if GF wants more bright future for that, why not :D

I missed Last weeks POTW dang x[

VillageofDragons

Years

It looks intimidating. but i don't see it being a part Dark type. it looks like Grass/Ice (or Grass/Ground?) for me x] but still, pretty cool and unique typing pokemon :) be careful on bug stuffs though lol about movepool, i think its fair enough and adding more is unnecesarry. but if GF wants more bright future for that, why not :D

I missed Last weeks POTW dang x[

You're not the only one who missed the POTW before Shiftry. I ididn't join till the day that one went inactive so I had to start with Shiftry. ;)

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
Username: DarkSkys
Reason you love dark types: I've always been a night person, one thing I like about Dark type is they use the power of Darkness.
3 partner pokemon: Umbreon, Darkrai, Absol
Answer any current topic:
"Do you think we should have another dark type legendary? If so what typing would it have? And what purpose or special powers would be fitting for it to have in game?"
Yes, as for purpose or special power I can't really say.

Lycanthropy

Years
Welcome to Darkness Falls, DarkSkys!

POTW: Shiftry
I'm not a real fan of Shiftry to be honest, the Pokémon looks really weird to me, a pointed nose, long white hair, leaf fans as hands and feet I simply don't understand. I don't really see the darkness in this Pokémon and as it is said to be able to whip up strong whirlwinds flying seems logical, but as it can't fly either I think a plain grass type would've fit him best. Maybe it could become grass/flying upon Mega evolving. The fans could grow and be used as wings.
I have never used the Pokémon. To be honest I don't even think I've ever taken the effort to use a leaf stone on a Nuzleaf at all even for the dex entry (because I had given up on that in Emerald, because of Feebas). So yeah, I can't say much about how useful it is.

Dedenne1

Years
Dont think ive forgotten about our wonderful clubs <3
Im actually working with a friend to make the club look better and get some other things going so my absence is intentional and if anyone could post a topic while im busy itd be highly appreciated :D
Stay tuned for a big update!

LegendaryGaming

Gaming, Elevated.....
Years
Username: LegendaryGaming
Reason you love dark types: They are just amazing. Too amazing......
3 partner pokemon: Zoroark, Mega Sharpedo, Greninja
Answer any current topic: POTW: Shiftry
Honestly shiftry is not one of my favorite dark pokemon since I find that Grass types are not my thing but I do like it's base 100 Attack stat. That makes it a strong physical attacker but the majority of the moves it learns after evolving are special moves, making it pointless to learn new moves.

Dedenne1

Years
Sorry its been so long! The coding took a little while but thanks to TwilightBlade for all her help!
Check out the OP to see the changes new members will be added soon! And ill post the new POTW but in the meantime give your thoughts on the OP and also anyone with a name thats been changed in the last couple months but hasnt been changed on the memberlist feel free to tell me and ill correct it!

Updates!
With the submission form you can include a nickname as well so that we can refer to people with challenging usernames with something more casual so current members feel free to use this to tell me to add a nickname!
Username:
Nickname you'd like to go by:

Looking for feedback!
As well as feedback on the OP id like to know what else i can do better to run the club. Also other changes that can be made as well as events youd like to see. Some questions to consider are; Would you like to see a posting challenge? An event involving the battle server? Other events? Shiny Giveaways for event prizes? and so on. I thank everyone for their feedback and as said will post the next POTW asap!

Username: DarkSkys
Reason you love dark types: I've always been a night person, one thing I like about Dark type is they use the power of Darkness.
3 partner pokemon: Umbreon, Darkrai, Absol
Answer any current topic:
"Do you think we should have another dark type legendary? If so what typing would it have? And what purpose or special powers would be fitting for it to have in game?"
Yes, as for purpose or special power I can't really say.
Welcome to the Dark type club DarkSkys ill update the memberlist and add you asap!

Username: LegendaryGaming
Reason you love dark types: They are just amazing. Too amazing......
3 partner pokemon: Zoroark, Mega Sharpedo, Greninja
Answer any current topic: POTW: Shiftry
Honestly shiftry is not one of my favorite dark pokemon since I find that Grass types are not my thing but I do like it's base 100 Attack stat. That makes it a strong physical attacker but the majority of the moves it learns after evolving are special moves, making it pointless to learn new moves.

Welcome to the club LegendaryGamin! As said above ill add you to the op asap!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back