• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Some more things:
- if all my pokemon faint on the Island, I get sent to Slateport (I end in front of the shipyard)
- is it normal that I can't use Turmurspore in battle? It makes it far less usefull...
- there is an invisible wall between the Deadly Gym and the flower on the right, some also appear near the rightmost of the three rocks above the stadium
- when I go behind the Mosdeep Replacement Gym, it looks as if I was standing on its roof (similiar thing happens if I go behind the sign in front of it).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
LIKE Pokemon Snakewood on Facebook! Cutlerine, your hack is officially real because it has a Facebook page!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pokemon-Snakewood/198386800203687?v=wall

I plan on keeping up whatever updates continue running and do whatever else fanpages do!

NOTE: Cutlerine if you would like me to remove the fanpage I will, and let me know if you would like to be an admin. It only just occurred to me that I made this without asking permission and that you might object to THE PUBLICITY. lol. If you're along for the ride maybe you could link it to the first post?

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Some more things:
- if all my pokemon faint on the Island, I get sent to Slateport (I end in front of the shipyard)
- is it normal that I can't use Turmurspore in battle? It makes it far less usefull...
- there is an invisible wall between the Deadly Gym and the flower on the right, some also appear near the rightmost of the three rocks above the stadium
- when I go behind the Mosdeep Replacement Gym, it looks as if I was standing on its roof (similiar thing happens if I go behind the sign in front of it).

I'll have those fixed by Sunday. Sorry for all the mistakes.

LIKE Pokemon Snakewood on Facebook! Cutlerine, your hack is officially real because it has a Facebook page!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pokemon-Snakewood/198386800203687?v=wall

I plan on keeping up whatever updates continue running and do whatever else fanpages do!

NOTE: Cutlerine if you would like me to remove the fanpage I will, and let me know if you would like to be an admin. It only just occurred to me that I made this without asking permission and that you might object to THE PUBLICITY. lol. If you're along for the ride maybe you could link it to the first post?

That's great! You keep it going; since I don't exist on Facebook, I have no problem with you doing that. I'll add the link to the first post.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
I've searched Rustboro, Mauville, Dewford, Slateport, Petalburg, Oldale, Littleroot and Verdanturf (which consist of the southwest of Hoenn).
I didn't see anything remotely like a secret there. I believe I got all the secrets there were in that corner. Including unlocking what I thought were the Regis, but in fact were THOSE POKEMON. Am I missing something?

Cutlerine

Years
I've searched Rustboro, Mauville, Dewford, Slateport, Petalburg, Oldale, Littleroot and Verdanturf (which consist of the southwest of Hoenn).
I didn't see anything remotely like a secret there. I believe I got all the secrets there were in that corner. Including unlocking what I thought were the Regis, but in fact were THOSE POKEMON. Am I missing something?

You have indeed missed something. I mean, you obviously walked right past it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
You have indeed missed something. I mean, you obviously walked right past it.

WAAAIT A MINUTE. I got that 3-word item with equal letters in each of them a LOOOOONG time ago then forgot about it. THAT'S IT!

EDIT: I got the GYM TICKETS!~ FINALLY.

Re-Edit: How the hell do you get out of the S.S. Cangrejo on a revisit to catch THAT POKEMON that resides in there?
The maximum-high-security-vault-dialogue script starts AGAIN with Usher doing absolutely nothing after I fall down, go do whatever, and come back. Is there a way to get out? :/

Re-re-edit (I don't like duplicate posting): Nevermind about the time when you catch THAT POKEMON, but how do you get of the S.S.Cangrejo without that thing?
Also, what are the types that the Disease type is super-effective/not-very-effective against? There's no full Disease type Pokemon so I can't test it.

Also, small glitch. When you go back to the desert after the scene with Famine and Alicia, they're still there. If you talk to Famine, it asks if you want to smash the rock using Rock Smash. Answer Yes and your game freezes.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
WAAAIT A MINUTE. I got that 3-word item with equal letters in each of them a LOOOOONG time ago then forgot about it. THAT'S IT!

EDIT: I got the GYM TICKETS!~ FINALLY.

Re-Edit: How the hell do you get out of the S.S. Cangrejo on a revisit to catch THAT POKEMON that resides in there?
The maximum-high-security-vault-dialogue script starts AGAIN with Usher doing absolutely nothing after I fall down, go do whatever, and come back. Is there a way to get out? :/

Re-re-edit (I don't like duplicate posting): Nevermind about the time when you catch THAT POKEMON, but how do you get of the S.S.Cangrejo without that thing?
Also, what are the types that the Disease type is super-effective/not-very-effective against? There's no full Disease type Pokemon so I can't test it.

Also, small glitch. When you go back to the desert after the scene with Famine and Alicia, they're still there. If you talk to Famine, it asks if you want to smash the rock using Rock Smash. Answer Yes and your game freezes.

I know about Fame and Alicia. Once you've beaten THAT POKéMON, a magical force should teleport you out of the thing. If it doesn't, something's wrong with yours, because that works for me. Either way, I'll have it fixed by Sunday.

The Disease type has no weaknesses, and it has no resistances.

Anyone got a Faceleech yet? *cackles evilly*

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
I don't know much about hacking, but have you considered trying to integrate the Achievements into the Hack itself? I'm sure it would be possible to have a script that notified you of an "Achievement" after checkpoints. And/or there could be an item/ letter (like the ones you can buy from PokeMarts) that the player starts out with that has the achievements list...

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
I don't know much about hacking, but have you considered trying to integrate the Achievements into the Hack itself? I'm sure it would be possible to have a script that notified you of an "Achievement" after checkpoints. And/or there could be an item/ letter (like the ones you can buy from PokeMarts) that the player starts out with that has the achievements list...

It sure would be possible, but it would be way too much effort to go to for a badly-made hack like Snakewood. I'll be incorporating them into my next one, that's for sure.

Oh, and upon giving the matter some more serious thought... I've decided that Snakewood having a Book of Faces page probably causes more bad than it does good. I'd be obliged if you'd remove it, thanks. Sorry to rain on your parade, but these are some very serious raindrops.

If I knew what I meant by that last sentence, I swear I wouldn't have written it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
To quote The Usual Suspects: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist"

Oh, and upon giving the matter some more serious thought... I've decided that Snakewood having a Book of Faces page probably causes more bad than it does good. I'd be obliged if you'd remove it, thanks. Sorry to rain on your parade, but these are some very serious raindrops

"And like that, poof...he's gone"

And don't worry, I'm carrying a pretty heavy duty umbrella. Also, just curious, and right out of left field, but will Keratin have Ruby or Fire Red ROM base?

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
To quote The Usual Suspects: "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist"

"And like that, poof...he's gone"

And don't worry, I'm carrying a pretty heavy duty umbrella. Also, just curious, and right out of left field, but will Keratin have Ruby or Fire Red ROM base?

Thanks for that.

Oh, and Keratin will have a Leaf Green ROM base. It would Fire Red, but I screwed up a Fire Red ROM badly and now A-Text doesn't like it. I know why, but I'm too lazy to fix it.

Years
Could someone make a complete guide on the item chain where to get something and where to exchange it? I'm stuck for a loong time already...

And, why don't you just download a new FireRed ROM then?

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Could someone make a complete guide on the item chain where to get something and where to exchange it? I'm stuck for a loong time already...
Which item do you have ATM? (I'm not sure if I remember all the items, so no guide from me...)

PirateJackie

Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2011
Two things I've been meaning to ask.

How many broken hearts are there? I only ended up finding 8.

And.

How many full restores do you have the higher level trainers set to use?

Cutlerine

Years

And, why don't you just download a new FireRed ROM then?

Because I've messed it up for all FR ROMs.

The item chain:

Spoiler:

Two things I've been meaning to ask.

How many broken hearts are there? I only ended up finding 8.

And.

How many full restores do you have the higher level trainers set to use?

High-level Trainers are set to hold one Full Restore, which seems to make them use more than one. Some of them have two, which seems to make them use a lot.

There will be 50 Broken Hearts, but as of now there are only about 8. I keep forgetting to put in more. One day, I'll finish them, and unlock their use for you all.

Sorry there was no update today. I had technical difficulties yesterday, and so wasn't able to post a bug fix as promised. Next weekend, I promise. (Because my promises are just so good, and I haven't ever broken them. Ever.)

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
Whoo. Anyway, Cutlerine, I just want to ask this. I caught THAT POKEMON from S.S. Cangrejo, THAT POKEMON from Meteor Falls, where's the third THAT POKEMON?

Cutlerine

Years
Whoo. Anyway, Cutlerine, I just want to ask this. I caught THAT POKEMON from S.S. Cangrejo, THAT POKEMON from Meteor Falls, where's the third THAT POKEMON?

That, dear NainilJShah, would be telling. It's not that well-hidden; I added it into an inaccessible area in a place that's been in-game for a long time, then I made the inaccessible area accessible.

Back