• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
Where exactly can you download the live beta? The one in link's first post is still dated as Dec 25th.
yeah,I have the same quesion.Can somebody tell me please?

Years
Where exactly can you download the live beta? The one in link's first post is still dated as Dec 25th.

yeah,I have the same quesion.Can somebody tell me please?

Similar to a post, you can't change the date when you post it. I do believe they remove the old ips and replace it with the new one, so I'm pretty sure that the ips there is the latest one.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2015
Where does the old man give you cyndaquil? I looked Where I am suppose to but he's not there Just a talking poke ball biding in the corner that gives you a star piece..helppp

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2017
Does anyone know where to get a female nidoran? I really want one so I can get a Nidoqueen. And speaking of Nidoqueen, where do I get a Moon Stone? And finally, what level (I'm assuming this is a level evolution) does Sedra evolve into Kingdra? I'm just curious as I'm in the early stages of the game and I have a horsea.

Years
Does anyone know where to get a female nidoran? I really want one so I can get a Nidoqueen. And speaking of Nidoqueen, where do I get a Moon Stone? And finally, what level (I'm assuming this is a level evolution) does Sedra evolve into Kingdra? I'm just curious as I'm in the early stages of the game and I have a horsea.

Female Nidoran on the route north of Goldenrod (don't remember the number), or in the Safari Zone (or whatever it's called in that version).

Moon stone in Tohjo Falls, I explained that in another post a few days ago. There are others, but I can't remember where I got them.

As for Seadra I have no idea, but there's a woman that tells you how every Pokemon evolves in Cianwood. Just put your Seadra in front and she'll tell you.

Years

You can find a moon stone from Dark cave and Tohjo falls, and Seadra evolves to Kingdra by using a water stone.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
so can you get to 2nd badge of valencia island ?? plsss reply

how to get to 2nd badge's of orange island ??

You can't. The beta has 17 badges in it.

Also, there was no need to repost your question. Unless I completely miss the question, I will answer it as soon as I am able to. Remember, I live in Scotland, and as such, I have a different Day/Night time from most of the patrons of this site.

Years
If I can suggest an idea for a later Beta: I think it would be nice to include a battle or a side quest with the former Elite Four members (Agatha and Lorelei) at some point in the game. I think it'd be interesting, but of course it's just my own opinion :)

Anyway, keep up the good work ! I like this hack A LOT ^^

Years
If I can suggest an idea for a later Beta: I think it would be nice to include a battle or a side quest with the former Elite Four members (Agatha and Lorelei) at some point in the game. I think it'd be interesting, but of course it's just my own opinion :)

Anyway, keep up the good work ! I like this hack A LOT ^^

Potentially a 2V2 Battle! That'd be nifty.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
In the Blackthorn gym, one of Clair's Dragonairs has Hyper Fang. Isn't it supposed to be Hyper Beam?

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Hey everyone! This is my 2nd post here. I've found Pokemon LC only recently and now it's my favorite GBA game! Sadly, I've found a few bugs (I am using the live beta btw) and I'd like to notify you guys. I had posted most of these in thepkmnworld as a guest, but this place seems much more active. So here goes-

1. Teleport's field effect is completely glitched, giving access to Kanto way too early.

2. A lot of shops, marts and other places where you can buy items are glitched and show ????... as the only items for sale.

3. The Pokedex only shows pokemon locations using the Kanto map. This makes catching Entei and Raikou a chore, even if you've spotted them once.

4. After finding the Saturn base near dragon's den and fighting Lati@s, you can exit Dragon's den using Dig, and then reenter THROUGH Axel's sprite!

5. Berry trees often go haywire! Fully grown berries sometimes become "still growing". And also there's one berry tree just between the union cave exit and Azelea which you can water even before you get the wailmer pail!

6. A lady in the Goldenrod game corner says " wouldn't stop..." something like that. It starts with a space and then a lowercase w.

7. Tiles sometimes disappear and change into black. I've had this happen in new island. It also happened with Clair's (8th gymleader) OW sprite.

8. A guy in the Saturn hideout below (?) Dragon's den says something like "If... then..." which is grammatically incorrect.

9. The place from where you get warped to new island, well, the path to go there is kinda weird I think, you just go on top of a hill from plainland just by walking!

10. The whirlpool tile in dragon's den looks kinda strange after it has been cleared.

11. In the black and white replay you get after reloading a saved file, Prof. Elm's lab is called Prof. Oak's lab.

12. You can skip spotting Suicune in northern Cianwood. You can still fight Suicune at Tin Tower without doing this. You can even spot it after catching Suicune in Tin Tower. This makes one feel like there're more than one Suicune.

13. Status moves are shown as Physical moves in the summary screen (not that it's that much of a big deal).

14. In new island there's one place where you go up a ladder but the ladder is nowhere to be found in the upper floor. It's a few screens before getting the clear bell.

15. After I battled my rival near the victory road exiti, I went left and fell down the hole to get the Earthquake TM. After that when I took the ladder up and tried to get to the exit my rival's sprite was there blocking the way. Pressing A while facing his sprite crashed the game.

16. Belly Drum's compatibility seems a little funny. I guess it's up to you who can learn it since it has never been a TM or tutor move. But still it should stay in flavor.

Well, that sure was a lot of gloom and doom for one post. Hope these get fixed soon.

Also, here are some suggestions that might help improve LC. These are mostly minor and trivial things so you're free to ignore them if you want.

1. The Thunderpunch TM in Goldenrod Game Corner being available for 6000 coins seems a bit useless considering the same TM is available for $3000 in the same city. It should be substituted with something else, Earthquake or Double Team maybe?

2. I suggest making Dive a TM and Whirlpool an HM. Usually HMs require badges to be used outside battles, while TMs do not. But in LC, the TM whirlpool requires a gym badge to be used outside (unlike Dig or Sweet Scent) while HM Dive doesn't require a gym badge (unlike all other HMs). Making Whirlpool an HM and Dive a TM would keep the pattern set by the other games intact.

3. IMO Dragon Claw is too powerful to be available for free in Goldenrod.

4. The Mineralbadge (the one given by Jasmine of Olivine) let's you use Rock Smash outside battle. I think it would be better if specifically Jasmine mentions this after she's beaten.

Last edited:

Tryploshion

I become a Pokemon Master!
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
Where does the old man give you cyndaquil? I looked Where I am suppose to but he's not there Just a talking poke ball biding in the corner that gives you a star piece..helppp
Keep surifng and when u see a old man thats the old man who give a cyndaquil is donw of the 3 girls who batle wtih u sorry for my bad english

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
i just have one question, what do u do after you beant clair and enter the dragon cave? i talked to the old guy and all he tells me is "the master is currently busy with some gang members please come back later"

Years
How do you catch the Legendary Birds...? (Actually I've figured it out now...)
But a bug: I only had the Blue Flute with me while I discovered the place, so I went back to get the Red Flute in my PC, but when I returned to the island... the pedestals were gone :(

and I don't seem to have the Yellow Flute. Anyone know where it is?

I can't find the Sapphire either... and how do you catch Kyogre and Rayquaza?

...and am I the only one that can't find the Undersea Express? I got the Sea Pass and everything, and I went to Route 27... but can't find it anywhere!! (I've searched the thread, and apparently you don't need Dive... so I searched through the surface with no luck..)

Oh, and a bug report. In the Goldenrod Game Corner, when I chose to obtain TM38, it gave me TM39...
Spent a LOT of money for a Swift TM... :( xD

Why is it that only my question is getting ignored? Sorry if I'm sounding like I'm too whining... but I want to get to Orange Islands as well

Gamerboy7991

I don't think that you can get them. Did you get Groudon yet? If you didn't, The place where you found the Ruby, use the "Walkthrough wall" cheat and just keep looking around in the place where you found the Ruby and you will eventually find him.

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2012
are there pokemon in union cave yet...i only care bcuz this was the only place to find a wild mudkip and there are no pokemon on the ground floor...

Also this has been a small problem which ive never seen someone bring up...going north of goldenrod theres a guy in the building that gives you a spearow to deliver to his friend (a fat guy buy a tree on like route 44 or sumthin) problem is he wont accept the pokemon for some reason...

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
i just have one question, what do u do after you beant clair and enter the dragon cave? i talked to the old guy and all he tells me is "the master is currently busy with some gang members please come back later"

After that you must surf east and then head north to climb two stairs and get on the higher land. Then follow the path south, use Rock Smash to clear the way and you'll eventually find a Saturn member and some boulders. There's an opening to the east, head through it to reach a new cave.

This should get you going.

Back