• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
I was never really good with cryptic clues....@_@

As far as Frigid Way goes, there are only two entrances I know of (excluding the one near the cable car's old location), one of which, I recently found out, was the exit of Heated Path in the original Ruby. The other is the Sage's Path and when I start sliding on the ice to try and get the item, I map the place out, but there's no possible path to get the item from what I can see....And apparently, when I tried to use the Walk Thru Walls gameshark code, my VBA crashed, and right before I put the code in, I saved, but when I reloaded, I was back in Fortree City....

EDIT: What's even more interesting is the fact the Meatfather doesnt even want to see me. He keeps telling me I dont have a problem...

For the Meatfather, you need to have the right item in order to have a problem.

To get in the Frigid Way from the other entrance, look for the entrance to Route 112 in the northern half of the desert.

This. Hack. Is. Amazing.
And about the damn part where I couldn't progress? I restarted my WHOLE game again, and I gotta say, Baltoy. Is. Completely. Useless.
The way I got through the entire game was to catch a Shroomish in Petalburg Forest, and then train it till it learns Leech Seed (Lv.10). Bingo, Leech Seed hurts everything in sight, and it saved my life on a fair few parts of the game. And I lol'd so hard at the following-

Like sprightly monkfish
We gamble away our souls.
There is no nutmeg.

All for your delight-
Though we are not here
Cinnamon is good.

Also, one question. At what level does Secretegg evolve?

Secretegg evolves at Level 43. And all the starters are meant to be useless.

And all of Asimov's haiku have something to do with spices. Mostly. I love them too. :)

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
For the Meatfather, you need to have the right item in order to have a problem.

To get in the Frigid Way from the other entrance, look for the entrance to Route 112 in the northern half of the desert.
OK, look. Ive attached a screen-shot of the item I cant get to in Frigid Way. The entrance you're talking about is where you'd exit Heated Path in the original Ruby. That entrance requires me to have Strength before I can move on. I'll make a screenshot of that one soon. As far as the Meatman, I wouldnt have the foggiest idea as to what item is needed to trigger him off that clue....

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
OK, look. Ive attached a screen-shot of the item I cant get to in Frigid Way. The entrance you're talking about is where you'd exit Heated Path in the original Ruby. That entrance requires me to have Strength before I can move on. I'll make a screenshot of that one soon. As far as the Meatman, I wouldnt have the foggiest idea as to what item is needed to trigger him off that clue....

OK, so you can't get to that item for now. I suspected that that ice maze was impossible, since I wasn't able to solve it myself, so I'll go change it now.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
OK, so you can't get to that item for now. I suspected that that ice maze was impossible, since I wasn't able to solve it myself, so I'll go change it now.
For attachment 1, that's what I assume you meant as 'entrance to Route 112 in the northern part of the desert'. The reason I cant pass is shown in attachment 2. Also, I dont know if I was supposed to or not, but I did manage to return to Fort Draco as well as go to Sootopolis City. Lastly, what's the deal with the 'sea monster' at the bottom of the waterfall of Ever Grande City?

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
For attachment 1, that's what I assume you meant as 'entrance to Route 112 in the northern part of the desert'. The reason I cant pass is shown in attachment 2. Also, I dont know if I was supposed to or not, but I did manage to return to Fort Draco as well as go to Sootopolis City. Lastly, what's the deal with the 'sea monster' at the bottom of the waterfall of Ever Grande City?

You're not meant to go back.

Can you actually Fly to Fort Draco? On my ROM I can't, and I was assuming that no one else could, but..

Look, I forgot that you can Surf to Sootopolis. I'll put up a new IPS that lets you go to Pacifidlog, but blocks off the sea routes.

And the sea monster... Well, I can't Fly to the Pokécentre at Ever Grande and I assumed that no one else could either, so the monster returns you to the Pokécentre if you accidentally go down the waterfall.

EDIT: Also, I just solved that ice maze to get to that item. Believe me, it's doable.

EDIT #2: Why would you try to go to Sootopolis City when clearly I have not yet made it?

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
You're not meant to go back.

Can you actually Fly to Fort Draco? On my ROM I can't, and I was assuming that no one else could, but..

Look, I forgot that you can Surf to Sootopolis. I'll put up a new IPS that lets you go to Pacifidlog, but blocks off the sea routes.

And the sea monster... Well, I can't Fly to the Pokécentre at Ever Grande and I assumed that no one else could either, so the monster returns you to the Pokécentre if you accidentally go down the waterfall.

EDIT: Also, I just solved that ice maze to get to that item. Believe me, it's doable.

EDIT #2: Why would you try to go to Sootopolis City when clearly I have not yet made it?
Fort Draco: How I got there is kinda funny. I went through the Lilycove Sewers again out of boredom and flipped the switch at the end, and I wound up at the house where Glies, or whatever his name is, sends me to Necropolis, but that time, no one was there. I surfed around and went as far north as I could, and I would up landing on a path that took me to the Tower where Hun flew me back to Fort Draco.

Sootopolis: I was just bored of roaming around and decided to see what I could and couldnt do, and outlined on my method of going to Fort Draco, I just went west a little and used Dive.

Sea Monster: Somehow, when I use the Dive method to try and go into the cave where Groudon would be in the original Ruby, when I surface, Im at the top of the waterfall to Ever Grande.

Ice Maze: That one is still wrecking my brain as to how to do it....EDIT: I still dont see any way to get to the Frigid Path item. With the current rock placements, you cant get into the proper position to go to the item...

Last edited:

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
Alright, for the base maze. The one where your going to rescue that one guy and has to get past the security system. I've noticed if I leave to the other side of "the table" I can face the Deadly Seven again. And I got completely and utterly stuck on getting past the security system so I decided to map it. I'm probably missing something but I mapped it and the security system blocks all my movements. x_X

I can definitely say you know how to make a maze that can be confusing, that's for sure.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
wtf do i do after i beat da deadly seven im stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
hi i got glies pokegear and now i am not able to exit help me and please tell me what to do

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013
Okay, now I have a really nubbish question, or so it might seem...

I've started up the elevator with a Magnemite that knows ThunderShock.
I've caught a Ditto. It went to my PC, obviously.

Now, where is a damn PC so I can unlock the key to the warp?

EDIT: FOUND ONE! ALL RIGHT! You are a sneaky guy, Mister.
By the way, I. LOVE. The. Deadly. Seven.
MOAR HAIKUS P|0X :D

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Based on all these responses, I have a lot to look forward to - man this hack is sweet! Can't wait to try out that ice maze myself...and become utterly annoyed! =) Keep up the superb work!

Cutlerine

Years
Fort Draco: How I got there is kinda funny. I went through the Lilycove Sewers again out of boredom and flipped the switch at the end, and I wound up at the house where Glies, or whatever his name is, sends me to Necropolis, but that time, no one was there. I surfed around and went as far north as I could, and I would up landing on a path that took me to the Tower where Hun flew me back to Fort Draco.

Sootopolis: I was just bored of roaming around and decided to see what I could and couldnt do, and outlined on my method of going to Fort Draco, I just went west a little and used Dive.

Sea Monster: Somehow, when I use the Dive method to try and go into the cave where Groudon would be in the original Ruby, when I surface, Im at the top of the waterfall to Ever Grande.

Ice Maze: That one is still wrecking my brain as to how to do it....EDIT: I still dont see any way to get to the Frigid Path item. With the current rock placements, you cant get into the proper position to go to the item...

As for the Dive warps - you're not meant to go to that area yet, which is why it doesn't work. I haven't finished the sea routes yet, nor have I finished Sootopolis - which is why none of this works or makes any sense for you.

Also, I think I just realised which ice maze you're talking about - and yes, I think that one is indeed impossible.

Alright, for the base maze. The one where your going to rescue that one guy and has to get past the security system. I've noticed if I leave to the other side of "the table" I can face the Deadly Seven again. And I got completely and utterly stuck on getting past the security system so I decided to map it. I'm probably missing something but I mapped it and the security system blocks all my movements. x_X

I can definitely say you know how to make a maze that can be confusing, that's for sure.

I'll put up a map of the Boardroom at some point with the correct path outlined.

EDIT: Boardroom map up: see first post.

wtf do i do after i beat da deadly seven im stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you? You fight the Deadly Seven several times.

hi i got glies pokegear and now i am not able to exit help me and please tell me what to do

What do you mean, not able to exit? I'm not sure what you mean.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
As for the Dive warps - you're not meant to go to that area yet, which is why it doesn't work. I haven't finished the sea routes yet, nor have I finished Sootopolis - which is why none of this works or makes any sense for you. Also, I think I just realised which ice maze you're talking about - and yes, I think that one is indeed impossible.
I didnt mind that it warped me to Ever Grande. My question was about the Sea Monster and if it had a greater purpose than just sending you back up the waterfall. But I was indeed able to go to Sootopolis City after taking the sewers route and popping up at that house near the Groudon Dive spot.

Raaxon

Sephiroth never stood a chance
Years
Hey, just started playing this... I'd like to know what a good team work be? I like to work on the basis of having one Fire, one Grass, one Water, one Flying, one anti-Flying (electric, rock, ice, whatever) and one extra. What would be a cool team?

I know I sound nooby, but trust me, I'm not. I just like to know what I'm up against.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Hey, just started playing this... I'd like to know what a good team work be? I like to work on the basis of having one Fire, one Grass, one Water, one Flying, one anti-Flying (electric, rock, ice, whatever) and one extra. What would be a cool team?

I know I sound nooby, but trust me, I'm not. I just like to know what I'm up against.
OK, so you started with Baltoy, and he learns Rock Tomb and Ancient Power, so he's your anti Flying. For Flying type, I always go with Taillow since they're so easily caught early. Water type, I usually go with Magikarp to evolve into Gyrados, but later on, you can obtain a Totodile. You could also get a Quilfish, so its up to you. Grass type....if you're gonna build the team off what you get early on, I'd say go for Shroomish. Fire type....I dont encounter too many so I cant say. But if you wanna do supply stocking, catch a few Zigzagoons and train one Pokemon at a time and collect what they do.

Raaxon

Sephiroth never stood a chance
Years
OK, so you started with Baltoy, and he learns Rock Tomb and Ancient Power, so he's your anti Flying. For Flying type, I always go with Taillow since they're so easily caught early. Water type, I usually go with Magikarp to evolve into Gyrados, but later on, you can obtain a Totodile. You could also get a Quilfish, so its up to you. Grass type....if you're gonna build the team off what you get early on, I'd say go for Shroomish. Fire type....I dont encounter too many so I cant say. But if you wanna do supply stocking, catch a few Zigzagoons and train one Pokemon at a time and collect what they do.
Cool man, thanks. I heard the Quilfish evolves into something? That might be cool. I'm currently thinking about making my Grass type Seedot, since it can be pretty solid as a Shiftry. Also, I'd love to get a Shinx, where do you get them? And I might make my Hyperegg an Entei for Fire type.

Are there any other Flying types, apart from Wingull and Taillow? I dont need one til later, I suppose, so I could just look for one along the way.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Cool man, thanks. I heard the Quilfish evolves into something? That might be cool. I'm currently thinking about making my Grass type Seedot, since it can be pretty solid as a Shiftry. Also, I'd love to get a Shinx, where do you get them? And I might make my Hyperegg an Entei for Fire type.

Are there any other Flying types, apart from Wingull and Taillow? I dont need one til later, I suppose, so I could just look for one along the way.
Well, as far as Flying types, I dont remember seeing many I could catch. You could wait and get a Trapinch and evolve it to Flygon for a Flying type. I had forgotten about Shiftry, but with Shroomish, you get Mega Drain which is always useful, but its your call. Im not 100% sure about Shinx since Ive never seen a wild one. Quilfish apparently does evolve in the game, though Ive never caught one to confirm.

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2013

Baltoy is probably your best bet against anything in the game. However, you'll find out that it is completely useless once you get a Shroomish, as it hits nearly everything in the game for major damage. You won't need anything else in my opinion, but if you really want to, you can catch a Qwilfish once you get Surf early in the game.

-MysteryEgg/SecretEgg/HyperEgg learns Eruption, so it is the thing if you want a Fire type.
-Shroomish/Breloom is by FAR the best choice when it comes to a Grass-type. You'll probably need it to defeat the corpse in Petalburg Forest, as Leech Seed comes in useful.
-A Water-type won't be available until you hit Qwilfish after you get Surf. You won't need it, but there you go.
-Flying can be Aerodactyl later in the game, but if you want, again, you can get Taillow early.
-Anti-Flying can be a Baltoy early in the game, but then you'll find it becomes useless as the game progresses.
-An extra HAS to be a Zigzagoon/Linoone. You'll need it as a HM slave.

My team at the moment is-
Hyperegg Lv.50 (Trust me, this thing is damn useful to tank hits. It has 326 HP for me, and has Eruption and ShadowBall)
Breloom Lv.48 (Awesome thing, pwns everything. MachPunch/BulkUp/ LeechSeed/(MegaDrain/GigaDrain) is my moveset, and it hurts)
ShinyAerodactyl Lv.40
Ditto Lv.30 (Useless thing, just there because I couldn't be bothered to replace this after solving the warp puzzle)
Baltoy Lv.17 (See? I haven't trained this thing at all)
Zigzagoon Lv.12 (HM Slave)\

And Cutlerine, I have one question. Is a Moon Stone available in the game at the moment, at all?

TheRkyeet

Member of the GGs
Years

Spoiler:

Now THATS a cool team!

Last edited:
Back