• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
Years
The person doing the changes is SarcasticPrince not me, I'm just making an X version when SP's version is completed. I like Wesley's work but SP's additions make a decent game more interesting. And yes I am making my own ROM Hacks of FR and Emerald in the future with SP as my beta tester. They won't be as good as the other ROM Hacks on this forum to be honest but they will give something to play sorta.

Yeah i realized the post was by you and not SP and i changed it accordingly. Sorry for the mishap.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
R3D X: I don't believe I've used any profanity in mine up to this point.

Zetsubou Johnny: I like you. :)

To all: I've hit a few snags, and progress is slightly behind schedule. I expected to be done Esmerald City, the one containing the second gym, by now, but there are two scripts I have to tweak. I also noticed that some Pokemon have strange attacks. Fixing that as well.

I should still have up to the second badge done by tonight. At least. I just had hoped it'd be done a few hours ago.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Progress is going extremely steady on my side.
Now that with the Zheri League done, I have to complete the Lauren League and the World Championship.

And I know the core of the black screen problem. We have to re-insert the sprites that are causing the battle to start slowly, and we'll be done with it.

I plan to continue the translation first, and when Ash fixes up all of the bugs,
I'll just copy and paste the progress I've made. Simple enough.

Oh, and no arguments, please. It doesn't really matter which version has more features. It only matters on which version gets done first. People will like it if that particular version has fewer bugs too.

Years
Well, both of them have to work hard to translate this hack. I support both of them. So Good Luck Translators. I'll play both of them. No hard feelings, OK.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
WHY?! What has this become garbage of insults and competing and other things...
Seeing this really makes me wonder whether this thread should be opened until one of translations is completed...
And by the way this is NOT a competition or race or whatever.
Why...? Because circumstances are NOT the same.
SP's making edited version (I'm not gonna say improved =)) and Snakebyte is making clear version.
So what version you're gonna play is up to you! Not up to whoever finishes translation first.
If you like the original LP, play Snakebyte's version. If you are under impression that LP needs more training possibilites, play SP's version.
It's all that simple.
It would be competition only if the second party stopped after the first party released translation because in that case the first party would win and you wouldn't have any other choice but to play the version of the winning party.

sp make it possible to get mew and it being able to evolve to mewto, early in the game. i will love you forever!!! nohomo.
You're for real? :D
Not only you want legendary pokemon early in the game but you also want it to evolve into Mew2? o.O

Years
Good luck to both of you~ I have a feeling that the date of the English release won't be as far as I thought it would be xD

Oh, and just out of curiosity... whats the English ROM on page 78 (I think it was) of this thread? I've been wondering about that for a while now...

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
shomoher: I would guess it's the translation of a beta version.

Ash493: Well said, I didn't expect that coming from you. Things I've been saying for most of this thread. The reason this is seen a 'competition' or a 'race' is because your 'partner' insists on portraying it that way every chance he gets. It's even in his signature. :P

As thanks for that, though, I'll give you a tip. The 'black screen' issue SP, and presumably you, are dealing with, has nothing to do with sprites, and I guarantee my version will not have it. :)

To all: I thought I would be able to announce this much earlier in the day, but I have now translated up to the end of the second gym. That'd be one day from one gym to the next. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep this pace up every day, but I won't be too far off, I don't think. To clarify, the translation isn't an issue. It's when I have to tweak Wesley's scripts that I get bogged down, as I only started learning about scripts less than a week ago, when I started this translation.

As I said, I don't have a clue why people think it'd take me months, or why it's taken other people months... Not to name any names or anything. ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
What is snakebyte doing is fixing bugs and localization of LP so you can understand what you are playing and thats good because ive finished the game in portugues not understanding a thing but i enjoyed it and for SP hes like doing what nintendo did in the remake of Pokemon Gold/Silver to HeartGold/SoulSilver same story but inserted a new twist for the game,Localization,bugfix and fixing the cry of the pokemon because it is so annoying that you are hearing the pokemon that you are battling and having a different cry..

Well for the Fans..This is Great that there is a selection that you can play on your favorite LP..So stop complaining,comparing just wait for the two for the release of the game and enjoy playing it..

For The GpSp problem get two copy of Pokemon Ruby V.1.1 one for patching then just patch the one Pokemon Ruby v.1.0 with the V.1.1 Pokemon Light Platinum then after you patch the game..get gbaheader tool then copy the header of Pokemon Ruby V.1.1 to Pokemon LP that you patch,,thats what i did to fix the white screen on my Gpsp..

The English Version that you saw on p78 is the translation that SP and Ash did tha translation is up to beta 2 and it ends after you beat the gym leader of dark dusk city..

Last edited:
Years
sp make it possible to get mew and it being able to evolve to mewto, early in the game. i will love you forever!!! nohomo.

Who told u that mew evolves into mewtwo?!There is no such thing as a legendary that evolves, especially not Mew that is rlly stupid idea, dont u watch pokemon episodes if u did u would know that mewtwo was created by mews genes he was cloned in a lab so making mew to evolve into mewtwo wouldnt be realistic.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Yeah, Mew evolving into Mewtwo is completely irrational and stupid, but Ash having three wives and a girlfriend is totally rational.

i c wut u did thar. ;)

Honestly, I'd probably rather play SnakeBytes translated version. Sure, there are some things about the original version that I believe should have been implemented (PokeBlocks being available etc.), but they don't bother me that much and I just really like the original game, even though it was in a language that I don't understand. So a simple, translated version of the game is ideal for me. :)

Also, I should probably mention that I will probably try Sarcastic Princes version as well, just to see what it's like.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Ash493: Well said, I didn't expect that coming from you.
That hurt...
And it hurts even more that my posts telling everyone that I'm not with SP with the topic of changes get totally ignored...

thanks
but i still cant let feebas evolve in Lv.25
my version is complete 1.1
It still evolves via beauty, SP just must propage his version what confuses fans...

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
oh i didnt know that ..i thought that it doesnt evolve in this version..

I have found this bug in Complete V.1.1

* My Elekid becomes Female when it evolves to Electivire..
* I can get Infinite Max Revive at the mine on Groment City
I just get the pokeball containing max revive then walk a little open menu then close it then walk a liitle poof!!thepokeball that has max revive appear again..
*Theres a invisible person talking to me inside mt.zhery and gives me a an option of yes/no..who is that??

I didnt know if this bug is reported..

Last edited:

R3D X

Dark Robin
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2012
R3D X: I don't believe I've used any profanity in mine up to this point.

Zetsubou Johnny: I like you. :)

To all: I've hit a few snags, and progress is slightly behind schedule. I expected to be done Esmerald City, the one containing the second gym, by now, but there are two scripts I have to tweak. I also noticed that some Pokemon have strange attacks. Fixing that as well.

I should still have up to the second badge done by tonight. At least. I just had hoped it'd be done a few hours ago.

Thanks, i'll appreciate your work. Editing other people's work is very impolite. I like that you are just translating it. All Edits and bug fixes should be done by Wes himself.

Back