• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
o.o i got a bad egg.... somehow... ive also been seeing missingnos in the dragons den... x.x i thought u get bad eggs by hacking x.x ....

Can you tell me the earliest time you remember you didn't have it, what box is it in and what slot?

Can someone please post a link to a already patched 3.1 Rom. I'm having trouble patching and if anyone would do that it would be awesome.

If you REALLY can't patch it yourself using Lunar IPS, then search up my post on the 1337mods.com forums. That is the only link to the Live Beta ROM.

whats the diffrences on the live beta an the offical realease??

Official release is the one which i posted in december 25th. Live Beta is the most recent one available.

As a question, how do we tell if the Live Beta gets updated?

Well, when I fix a bug thats been reported on my site's report system, i'll mark it as fixed. If you are a member you will receive updates via email if you subscribe to it. Although, I made changes last night and didn't update them seeing as it wasn't a reported bug, so sometimes you don't know. Perhaps I should make a blog or something.

To LaZ: Zapdos backsprite is moltres

Haha wow thanks for pointing that out.

Great hack so far. How far does the game go? I realize it goes to the Orange Islands, but how far on them, as in how many gyms?

It goes to the final event with zane on the orange islands. Thats the official end right now.

I can't get past cinnabar island, i talked to axel and he didn't help me. Any help or advice?

Theres a piece of rock that looks different to the rest. Click that too get in.

There is a big bug. It first happened in Victory Rd. But now all over the game everyone has already been beaten. Please fix this.

I added something to the players room. A small box in the corner. Talk to it.

Just a question...
Is the Aerodactyl Puzzle in the Ruins of Alph supposed to be completed?
I went to do it... but it said the puzzle has already been completed..

It should not show as already completed. I couldn't replicate the bug though.

I want to catch one early though. And they do not show up in Union Cave.

entrance floor- Nothing shows up
Room where you find swift- Geodude, Rattata, Zubat, Spinarak

Wooper isn't in Union cave,

It seems to be a bug that no pokemon are on the top floor, something I can't reproduce either. I have a feeling i know the cause though...

Go to the same place where you found the Ruby and if you use the walkthrough walls cheat, you will find Groudon glitched inside a wall. Talk to him and he will eat your Ruby and you will battle him.

Watch this video because I found one of the BIGGEST BUGS ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySq4nDjW7Rg

Groudon is a bit different this time, he isn't supposed to be where he was in the old Beta. Same goes for most other legendaries.

Hey! I was just wondering, is this supposed to be like this?

148nssm.png

And also, if you put the red item where it needs to be, is Moltres automatically supposed to be there? Because when I get there its an empty room.

No, thats a small bug. And yes you will know soon if you carry on playing.

Is it the purpose of Live Beta is to patch over a ROM that already patched with Official Release or a Clean FR ROM?

Well, I really could not understand the explanation of LaZ. I found some comments here said so. Can anyone clarify it?

You download the latest Live Beta IPS from the first post link and then you proceed to patch it to a clean FR ROM.

i´m stuck in valenecia island, i can´t go to palet town because the train says left 10 minutes to go,but is past an hour :(

Turn on the RTC, or download my emulator pack in the first post.

I believe Thundersones were sold in Blackthorne's Pokemon Center iirc.

Also I'm curious if anyone else had a crash in Union Cave going to where Lapras is. I started walking south through the cave and it pops up found Master Ball then the screen dumps a message Qaf Qaf Qaf and freezes.

Also is there a version with the Elite 4 fixed as I had to use the walkthrough walls code to get through to Will.

Off hand I know there are Moonstones in the Dark Cave and Tohjo Falls. Not sure if it's in, but maybe there will be the Moonstone event in Mt Moon.

Well Kanto now awaits.

Seems to be a messed up script on the way there. If its reported i'll fix it.

You will also notice that the second villian team has the name SATURN now . in the previous 2.1 beta it was STATIC... i think LaZ has changed the word Static into SATURN in this beta

Yes thats exactly what i did lol

And one more thing. I think that I am not first person to write this, but in the Cave of Wisdom game always freeze when I beat lvl. 32 Dodrio (despite writing on the statue "lvl. 52 Nidoking, or lvl. 55 Lanturn - it is always different). Is it the end of this beta? Or is it possible to do this little quest and bring that Solar Rock to manager of teleport room?

Cave of Wisdom is an unfinished event, which I forgot to stop from being accessed.

I dont know if somebody already said it, but if u use teleport with abra. it will teleport you to Kanto.
Also i find the weather very annoying, its changing all the time...

I'm sorry to inform that it is indeed a bug with teleport.

I have found the Glitchtree in the Ilex forest. It's beautiful.

glitchtree.png

Nice thanks.

It'd be nice if there was a prompt or news post for the live beta, Even just a note of its most recent update.

Well there is the updates in the report system on my site, but perhaps i should as said above make some sort of blog. That does make things a little pointless though I do have a plan to get something done, a simple page to state when it was last updated.

Umm... I didn't put anything in the Daycare... What the heck is a / 36?

Daycare.png

Thats a bug probably caused by farfetch'd. I'll look into it.

Wow, this is the greatest hack I have ever seen!!!! I started a new game, but unfortunately it gets stuck at the first encounter with the rival, just after I've returned from mr. Pokemon. I'll send you my savegame. Let me know if it gets stuck in your game as well... I really love this game!!!! And the music!!!! OMG this is the best hack ever!!!!

That bug seems to happen when you use cheats.

How do you catch the Legendary Birds...? (Actually I've figured it out now...)
But a bug: I only had the Blue Flute with me while I discovered the place, so I went back to get the Red Flute in my PC, but when I returned to the island... the pedestals were gone :(

and I don't seem to have the Yellow Flute. Anyone know where it is?

I can't find the Sapphire either... and how do you catch Kyogre and Rayquaza?

...and am I the only one that can't find the Undersea Express? I got the Sea Pass and everything, and I went to Route 27... but can't find it anywhere!! (I've searched the thread, and apparently you don't need Dive... so I searched through the surface with no luck..)

Oh, and a bug report. In the Goldenrod Game Corner, when I chose to obtain TM38, it gave me TM39...
Spent a LOT of money for a Swift TM... :( xD

Undersea express is on Route 100. You have a world map card for a reason :)

I've had no internet, so no chance to download any new releases. Sorry if any of these have already been reported.
Spoiler:

Replies in bold.

I love how half of this forum has got to be people reporting the Elite Four glitch. It'll be answered again... and again... and again... until people finally start reading the thread before posting.

Honestly, they could pick virtually any recent page and find the answer.

I second that xD

This took me a while to understand. Anyway, I'm going to reply to you with this link here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism#Constructive_criticism

Also, it's not a case of "mini sprite of a pokemon dont looks like that?," it is a case of common sense. Pidgeot is not a Butterfree. And no I don't want good graphics but I don't want bad graphics either, and bad graphics is infinitely worse than okay graphics.

I dint really find much of it that constructive, mostly destructive.

Can you please
(spoiler alert)
Spoiler:

dont delete this time mod

It adds to the difficulty level. Removing them makes the game also last shorter time and is more easy.

why can't i get solar rock in cave of wisdom :( please fix this , because if you fight the statue , then dodrio appear if you beat it the music goes on but your character stop and can't move :/

Unfinished event sadly..

Some minor bugs I found:

Spoiler:

Thanks for these.

One ridiculous thing which is TOTAL stupidity on my part is:

iho.png

It took me a good half an hour to an hour to figure out where to go to get to Valencia Island. Just thought I'd make a few people laugh XDDD

I'm so dim sometimes.

Haha well its not that obvious, but still lol.

BUGGGGGG!!!!!!!
Hey man This is so annoying. WTF is up with the respawning cut trees. I can't bring Ratattata with me all the time :(

and exp issue is still there, I have no prbs levelling up 5 times each fight :P

They respawn like that in the original and other games.

Sorry to bother again, but i might have ran into another bug, as apparently lance is supposed to give you Whirlpool after you beat team rocket, i have beaten team rocket and am now at the final gym and can't find the HM for whirlpool

You can buy it from goldenrod, but he still should of given it.

Where exactly can you download the live beta? The one in link's first post is still dated as Dec 25th.

Similar to a post, you can't change the date when you post it. I do believe they remove the old ips and replace it with the new one, so I'm pretty sure that the ips there is the latest one.

The post on the first post is a link, it never changes I simply make changes on my end and it will update the link automagically.

so can you get to 2nd badge of valencia island ?? plsss reply

Only 1 badge there.

If I can suggest an idea for a later Beta: I think it would be nice to include a battle or a side quest with the former Elite Four members (Agatha and Lorelei) at some point in the game. I think it'd be interesting, but of course it's just my own opinion :)

Anyway, keep up the good work ! I like this hack A LOT ^^

I like that idea too, who knows what the future has in store!

In the Blackthorn gym, one of Clair's Dragonairs has Hyper Fang. Isn't it supposed to be Hyper Beam?

I see, thats probably true it should probably be hyper beam.

Hey everyone! This is my 2nd post here. I've found Pokemon LC only recently and now it's my favorite GBA game! Sadly, I've found a few bugs (I am using the live beta btw) and I'd like to notify you guys. I had posted most of these in thepkmnworld as a guest, but this place seems much more active. So here goes-

1. Teleport's field effect is completely glitched, giving access to Kanto way too early.

2. A lot of shops, marts and other places where you can buy items are glitched and show ????... as the only items for sale.

3. The Pokedex only shows pokemon locations using the Kanto map. This makes catching Entei and Raikou a chore, even if you've spotted them once.

4. After finding the Saturn base near dragon's den and fighting Lati@s, you can exit Dragon's den using Dig, and then reenter THROUGH Axel's sprite!

5. Berry trees often go haywire! Fully grown berries sometimes become "still growing". And also there's one berry tree just between the union cave exit and Azelea which you can water even before you get the wailmer pail!

6. A lady in the Goldenrod game corner says " wouldn't stop..." something like that. It starts with a space and then a lowercase w.

7. Tiles sometimes disappear and change into black. I've had this happen in new island. It also happened with Clair's (8th gymleader) OW sprite.

8. A guy in the Saturn hideout below (?) Dragon's den says something like "If... then..." which is grammatically incorrect.

9. The place from where you get warped to new island, well, the path to go there is kinda weird I think, you just go on top of a hill from plainland just by walking!

10. The whirlpool tile in dragon's den looks kinda strange after it has been cleared.

11. In the black and white replay you get after reloading a saved file, Prof. Elm's lab is called Prof. Oak's lab.

12. You can skip spotting Suicune in northern Cianwood. You can still fight Suicune at Tin Tower without doing this. You can even spot it after catching Suicune in Tin Tower. This makes one feel like there're more than one Suicune.

13. Status moves are shown as Physical moves in the summary screen (not that it's that much of a big deal).

14. In new island there's one place where you go up a ladder but the ladder is nowhere to be found in the upper floor. It's a few screens before getting the clear bell.

15. After I battled my rival near the victory road exiti, I went left and fell down the hole to get the Earthquake TM. After that when I took the ladder up and tried to get to the exit my rival's sprite was there blocking the way. Pressing A while facing his sprite crashed the game.

16. Belly Drum's compatibility seems a little funny. I guess it's up to you who can learn it since it has never been a TM or tutor move. But still it should stay in flavor.

Well, that sure was a lot of gloom and doom for one post. Hope these get fixed soon.

Also, here are some suggestions that might help improve LC. These are mostly minor and trivial things so you're free to ignore them if you want.

1. The Thunderpunch TM in Goldenrod Game Corner being available for 6000 coins seems a bit useless considering the same TM is available for $3000 in the same city. It should be substituted with something else, Earthquake or Double Team maybe?

2. I suggest making Dive a TM and Whirlpool an HM. Usually HMs require badges to be used outside battles, while TMs do not. But in LC, the TM whirlpool requires a gym badge to be used outside (unlike Dig or Sweet Scent) while HM Dive doesn't require a gym badge (unlike all other HMs). Making Whirlpool an HM and Dive a TM would keep the pattern set by the other games intact.

3. IMO Dragon Claw is too powerful to be available for free in Goldenrod.

4. The Mineralbadge (the one given by Jasmine of Olivine) let's you use Rock Smash outside battle. I think it would be better if specifically Jasmine mentions this after she's beaten.

Thanks for these.

are there pokemon in union cave yet...i only care bcuz this was the only place to find a wild mudkip and there are no pokemon on the ground floor...

Also this has been a small problem which ive never seen someone bring up...going north of goldenrod theres a guy in the building that gives you a spearow to deliver to his friend (a fat guy buy a tree on like route 44 or sumthin) problem is he wont accept the pokemon for some reason...

Yes he will never take the pokemon from you, not yet anyway.

Well that was a long post. A small update with the Split as Jambo51 posted it should be fixed. Same with the League it should be fixed now too. Also for all people who can no longer battle trainers I added something to the players room. A box in the bottom right corner.

All bugs regarding the EXP system are being looked into currently.

One note: Every bug that gets reported on my site will be fixed and marked as fixed, if its reported. Thats a 100% fact. Thanks to everyone who has reported over there and I'll get onto them soon. Keep reporting there in the mean time :)

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
The EXP system is a good thing, Grinding gets easier which you don't want to spend a hour doing :)

marcc5m

what
Years
Then you clearly can't take criticism.
Your hack is not perfect. Majority of the people who play it don't know how to hack so automatically assume it is the best thing since Light Platinum. When someone tries to point out your flaws, at least listen instead of replying with comments that might as well be "I don't care, I'm better than you". The stairs are bad because they look bad. If you can't see why it is no wonder you can't see half of the other stuff. The tile errors I pointed out was a mistake, the image didn't copy and paste for some reason, but basically the pool in National park is surrounded by tile errors. The overworld of Falkner is bad because it is a RSE overworld in a FR styled game. Likewise with the tiles; They are GSC style with a slight recolour, in a FR style game, which is actually much worse.

Please actually read and take in what I am saying. I am not saying that your hack is bad, in fact so far I have enjoyed playing it, however these little things could be changed to make it far better.

Years
Your hack is not perfect. Majority of the people who play it don't know how to hack so automatically assume it is the best thing since Light Platinum. When someone tries to point out your flaws, at least listen instead of replying with comments that might as well be "I don't care, I'm better than you".

Maybe the majority of people just want to play the game and are happy to see that it's been released at last. I don't have the slightest idea of how to hack that's true, but I think the game is good because it adds nice things to the original game. I like playing it because I think LaZ added variety to it.

I think it's ok to make criticism, especially if you do know how to hack (which you apparently can do pretty well), it's even a good thing. However, I think it is important to criticize with the adequate tone, which was not the case in your post. Saying "tile errors, tile errors, tile errors everywhere" is not the nicest way to tell somebody he's made errors.

Also, criticizing someone because their English is bad is lame. It's easy for you to say since you are, apparently, a native English-speaker, but it's not the case of everyone on this forum. Those non-natives (including me) make the effort of speaking your language so you could at least try to be nice to them. The day you speak our language as well as we speak English, maybe we can talk about it again ;)

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Your hack is not perfect. Majority of the people who play it don't know how to hack so automatically assume it is the best thing since Light Platinum. When someone tries to point out your flaws, at least listen instead of replying with comments that might as well be "I don't care, I'm better than you". The stairs are bad because they look bad. If you can't see why it is no wonder you can't see half of the other stuff. The tile errors I pointed out was a mistake, the image didn't copy and paste for some reason, but basically the pool in National park is surrounded by tile errors. The overworld of Falkner is bad because it is a RSE overworld in a FR styled game. Likewise with the tiles; They are GSC style with a slight recolour, in a FR style game, which is actually much worse.

Please actually read and take in what I am saying. I am not saying that your hack is bad, in fact so far I have enjoyed playing it, however these little things could be changed to make it far better.

I have read it all. And saying "Nice outfit persian" is a joke if its supposed to be constructive. And for the record you say it like I never noticed. I noticed it 3 years ago. A simple "This should of been a Persian OW" is constructive. Its nothing about being perfect I'm aware of all the flaws, just don't want to not release something because I don't have a persian OW right now. And about pokemon sprites, well yea some of them might not be the best but I don't think they suck as much as you are describing them.

When you quoted the name of the WHT appricorn, its as if your making fun of the name "WHT". That was the name of it in the original Crystal so why change it to match your preferences. The item image is wrong, granted but no need to emphasise on the WHT really.

When you say "Shame you never changed the learnable TMs for Pokémon" I actually don't know what to say here. I find it disappointing you would even consider saying that... Its a fact that the TMs have been 99.9% done and yet you state they haven't been done at all. Thats blatantly picking holes wherever you can possibly find them to provoke unnecessarily.

"I was sure this was supposed to be a remake, not a recolour" has attitude written all over it. Its an opinion if you think they look bad just because it's recoloured GBC tiles.

"I don't hve a phone so I doubt that." <- then you didn't notice ELM's call on Route 30?

And is it me but I fail to see the constructiveness in "What is this a stretched tardis?"

R3D X

Dark Robin
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2012
Don't get mad Laz he's just mad because you have the most active thread in the whole forum :P

Back on topic:
The exp issue still persists Jambo even with the new update

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
@Fireworks
Don't be a self-important ass under the veil of professionalism. If you're going to give criticism, don't be so petty and mean. Offer examples and explanation. Good god there are so many other, more game-affecting errors in the game and you spotlight the most minute graphical/grammar 'errors' ('yeah' instead of 'yea' are you being serious wtfbbq). Pretentious prick. If you think you're being a helpful critic I'll be the first to inform you that you need to check your approach.

EDIT: So the site doesn't like url posts from me, I lost a two paragraph treatise outlying how your 'review' was nothing but an huge ego-trip for you. "Majority of the people who play it don't know how to hack so automatically assume it is the best thing since Light Platinum." Dismissing general opinion of quality is exhilarating, isn't it? Also, the notion that LP was without its glaring tile and sprite errors is genuinely laughable.

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Don't get mad Laz he's just mad because you have the most active thread in the whole forum :P

Back on topic:
The exp issue still persists Jambo even with the new update

Man, I CANNOT replicate this. I get a perfectly sensible amount of experience in every battle.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Another small bug. It seems Growlithe and Arcanine can no longer learn TM 46 Thief. But they can learn this in other Gen 3 games. My HM Slave/utility Growlithe couldn't learn it. I haven't checked with other 'mons, but it seemed a bit fishy to me that only 1 Pokemon in my party seemed to be compatible with Thief, which I always thought had pretty generous distribution.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
Does the Pokégear works for re-battling trainers ? Because when I try it says that no trainers can be found even if I'm right in front of the trainer I want to battle...

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
I love this hack, and sorry for posting again, but i have run into a problem in that i need the whirlpool HM, and unfortunately i can not seem to find it. I have beat Claire but you need the Whirlpool HM in the dragon's den. I then noticed that i had not yet gotten it, I have searched for the answer but have been unable to find one that clearly says where the whirlpool HM is located.

Years
I love this hack, and sorry for posting again, but i have run into a problem in that i need the whirlpool HM, and unfortunately i can not seem to find it. I have beat Claire but you need the Whirlpool HM in the dragon's den. I then noticed that i had not yet gotten it, I have searched for the answer but have been unable to find one that clearly says where the whirlpool HM is located.

Lance is supposed to give it to you at the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany Town. Search your inventory, maybe you overlooked it. If he didn't, I think you can buy it at the Goldenrod Mart or in the Casino.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years

Since you've reached Dragon's Den, you must've cleared the Team Rocket hideout under the Mahogany Town shop (which at this point should be Grandma's shop) and defeated 3 Electrodes in the left side of a room. Lance must've given you the Whirlpool TM (it's TM 08 in LC, not HM). After this the 5th floor of the Goldenrod Mart should start selling TM 08 for 3000.

So you should try to find out if you've already taught it to something or otherwise buy a new TM.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
He laz i really like your hack but here are mine bugs for now. I don't know if these are fixed because the latest beta i downloaded was like a week ago.
Wel the most annoying bugs i found were the move tutors attacks like the one in goldenrod that teaches dragon claw. my shelgon couldnt learn dragon claw and i think it could learn it. And the other move tutor in golden rod the one that appears on wednesday's and saturday's he appears before the E4 ( wich i actualy liked) i noticed that he doesnt always appear on those days sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't. second my typlhosion could learn ice beam and could learn calm mind from the move tutor from blackthorn while my espeon could not learn it. so now i got a typlosion with ice beam and calm mind who wtf powned lance. And there was some other move tutor who teaches overheat and my whole team could learn it while only 1 of them should be able to learn it.

After i defeated the E4 the hall of fame at the pc was noted as no.68.

When i went to the berry tower and got defeated i ended up at the battle tower and when i tried to enter is saw the celedon item prizes menu and when i clicked on one of them i started the battle tower and the game froze after entering the room. When i went back to the berry tower and entered the trainers i defeated were still defeated and i could just go on is it meant like that?

one other serious bug i came across was when i was exploring the undersea cavern above cinnabar island when i went on a patch of water and dived back up i came in vermilion city above the gym and when i tried to dive back i saw an egg animation instead of my pokemon and when i came acroos a pokemon i got bonus exp and i looked at my trainer card and my id was changed. dunno what happend there.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2023
Since you've reached Dragon's Den, you must've cleared the Team Rocket hideout under the Mahogany Town shop (which at this point should be Grandma's shop) and defeated 3 Electrodes in the left side of a room. Lance must've given you the Whirlpool TM (it's TM 08 in LC, not HM). After this the 5th floor of the Goldenrod Mart should start selling TM 08 for 3000.

So you should try to find out if you've already taught it to something or otherwise buy a new TM.

Mmm... i actually ran into a glitch there, that i have a picture of, but i didnt get the TM, bought a new one. i only defeated two electrode before lance said it was finished and i dont think i got the TM then.

Thanks for answering.

Pokeking1234

Do NOT mess with me! I'm EVIL!
Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
I found a bug. When i go fight Zapdos, nothing happens & it flies away. Did you change that it that HAS to happen?

Back