• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
Sorry about the difficulty in the game. I haven't gotten that "balance" yet. I want it to be extremely hard but not impossible. The lab to revieve the new fossils is in the 3rd city. The physical special spilt will be in the 2nd rom not this one. And yes Poliwrath will have drizzle as well. All of the evolutions keep the same ability you caught it with.

Great although Im already gonna pick blaziken as my fighting/hybrid I chose Ludicolo as water/grass since his Swift swim is almost always on in this reign it rains alot . The difficulty is low, the reason why is cuz you win tons of cash its way to easy to spam potions and the dragon starters make it even more easy (not that it is bad) but im not that far yet it might be overwhelming overpowered who knows.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2012
Reached the end of the beta! I have to say great job. From everything I saw level wise by the end of the beta I''m going to spend the time between now and the next beta grinding my pokemon up a few levels I barely beat Dark Pete. I did find 3 glitches one was at the begining of the ice cave if you try to exit once you enter it will take you to the exit of the mansion. 2nd one was a big pearl in the ice cave somewhere I don't remember where that would come right back after you took it and walked a little bit away. The 3rd glitch I hate to say it cause I loved to abuse it was zen headbutt making pokemon flinch every time it hits

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I downloaded it in the night before the new patch came out, I played abit and went to sleep, now I'm here in the morning I wanted to check this thread again and I see a new patch came out so I wanted to save my game to patch but when I did a major bug appeared and I was like looooooooool, What a coinsedence.

I like the starters and the story-line is quite interesting even though I only had made it to the forest :X
strange that I didn't notice this hack earlier it seems to be a while out there.

EDIT:When I wanted to save I accedentely pressed the trainer card which made it freeze and its still not fixed yet :C

You can just use the save state option, sorry I'm still trying to fix it... :)

It's working fine for me !It also has a proper arceus cry in the titlescreen :D

Thanks, I learned to insert Cries so I tried inserting Arceus' cry... :)

Have you tried playing the game as you're making it? That's how I keep a perfect balance. There are some parts of DR where you need to grind a lot to be able to beat a trainer. I suggest adding more trainers to cushion the problem.

Actually she let me BETA Test it that's why all of the events are working and I finished it within maybe 3 days? xD

Yeah, I know what you mean, for me KAYO is the Hardest one to defeat, but since I know all the secrets of the game It's not that hard for me... xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
another new version?, man, i may sound like annoyed, but, with each fix or new patches, i had to start all over, even thought i had that much progress, but, can you say that this will at least be the last time i have to start over?, and, is worth of?, forgot to add, if the second region of the game is going to be on anohter rom, then, we have to start over with out pokemon team or what?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
You won't have to start over anymore as ALL of the events are working now. You will have your dragon pokemon at its highest evolution at lv30 in the second rom. The player will tell Prof.Ivan he or she only wants their dragon starter transfered over to the 2nd region. There will be A lot of new pokemon in the 2nd and many from the 1st as well.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Sorry about the difficulty in the game. I haven't gotten that "balance" yet. I want it to be extremely hard but not impossible. The lab to revieve the new fossils is in the 3rd city. The physical special spilt will be in the 2nd rom not this one. And yes Poliwrath will have drizzle as well. All of the evolutions keep the same ability you caught it with.
It's pretty funny that 50% of fans say it's easy and the other 50% say it's hard... :D

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
You won't have to start over anymore as ALL of the events are working now. You will have your dragon pokemon at its highest evolution at lv30 in the second rom. The player will tell Prof.Ivan he or she only wants their dragon starter transfered over to the 2nd region. There will be A lot of new pokemon in the 2nd and many from the 1st as well.

I guess the second rom is your second hack right? Also by saying new pokemon you mean from genV ?

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013

It's pretty funny that 50% of fans say it's easy and the other 50% say it's hard... :D

The game's not really hard. The levels for the evil team higher ups tend to escalate randomly in the game, which ends up turning grinding into a must. I mean, around getting to the 4th gym, most of my mons were around the late 40s and early 50s, especially since I grinded. The 4th gym leader has his party around the low-mid 50s, but the last member of the evil team you face has their party around the low 60s. So yeah, the level spikes are far too extreme. Another thing is that very few new trainers were inserted to compensate for this problem. To tell the truth, the problem is not the level spikes, but there are far too few trainer battles between the gym matches.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2014
Bug Report

Let me just say that I love this hack so far:D. But whenever I enter the Atlantic Cave from the Atlantic City side, the script where you battle Brock again repeats. I wasn't going to complain because of the free XP, but it crashed my emulator!:'(

Last edited:
Years
The game's not really hard. The levels for the evil team higher ups tend to escalate randomly in the game, which ends up turning grinding into a must. I mean, around getting to the 4th gym, most of my mons were around the late 40s and early 50s, especially since I grinded. The 4th gym leader has his party around the low-mid 50s, but the last member of the evil team you face has their party around the low 60s. So yeah, the level spikes are far too extreme. Another thing is that very few new trainers were inserted to compensate for this problem. To tell the truth, the problem is not the level spikes, but there are far too few trainer battles between the gym matches.

you can always use exp. share if you want more battles but its annoying to re battle over and over again, its not hard, Garchomp 3x sword dance and earthquake spam that **** and you win 70% of all battles with 1 pokemon but it's so boring (almost fustrating) battling with 1 Pokemon and seeing your others be so low is weird :S

especially if your team is awesome as mine :D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Of course, it's not hard. I belong to 50% that say it's fairly easy ;)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey everyone, An update will be posted tommorrow or Friday. This update will feature the map of the next city NUMASSITY CITY. As promised, I've done the map & if people still feel I am not good enough for the maps in this hack, I will pass the job on to someone else. I have put alot of time into building the map for this city, and I will put in just as much effort as I did with this map, to the remaining maps of this hack if I am still the mapper after this week. I'm glad there are no more errors with the main events of the 1st beta and I have fix that 1 warp exiting frozen dungeon to the exit of Amaris's Mansion.

RedFan

Master Trainer
Years
This hack looks nice, I'd like to apply as a mapper if you need one. :D

Proof of work:
Spoiler:

IF you like it PM/VM me :)

Last edited:

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
It's not bad, but the starters can easily sweep everything (meaning, you only really need the starter) due to the low levels of trainers' Pokémon, and the amount of experience you get at the start, before you can catch another Pokémon; for example the trainer trio and Mrs Weatherbell. Plus, some of your maps and tiles are.. well, yeah.

It's not bad though! It's a very enjoyable game.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
It's not bad, but the starters can easily sweep everything (meaning, you only really need the starter) due to the low levels of trainers' Pokémon, and the amount of experience you get at the start, before you can catch another Pokémon; for example the trainer trio and Mrs Weatherbell. Plus, some of your maps and tiles are.. well, yeah.

It's not bad though! It's a very enjoyable game.

the same can also be said for the original unhacked pkmn games...u can win easily with solo starters since they tend to be overleveled as you play

to discourage this there shld be:
1) improved variety of pkmn (esp.early game), not just rattatas and pidgeys only for the first 3 routes. If so I tend to solo starters since I wont want to use rattatas and pidgeys every time i play early on.

2)better trainer levels and variety.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Hey everyone. As promised, here's an early look at NUMASSITY CITY:

2qi63xt.jpg

(There will be 4 more OW sprites running around in the city & possibly one more house. I just haven't scripted them yet.)
68eu6f.jpg

ABOUT The City: Numassity City is the 5th Major City in the hack and overall, it has the most to offer. In this city, there's a Bike Shop, Trainer Fan Club, A couple houses with people in'em, a center, 2 gyms(sorta), and the best thing, A Very Big Mart!
History Of The City: The city used to have a Fighting Type Gym, who's leader was the younger brother of the Fighting Gym leader in the Omni Region. However, Alder's daughter, NORA, playfully challenged the gym leader with her Normal type Pokemon...And Won. People were not only shock that a team consisted of Normal pokemon defeated a Fighting team, but the trainer who used the Normal pokemon was only 9 years old. Now, NORA has become the city's leader and has done Alot of change and decorating to a once proud, strong business city. NORA has painted a building in the city and proclaims it as her "Play-Pen". Although she never captured it, she also befriended a very powerful Normal type Pokemon. Unfortunetly for the player, that Pokemon is in town with NORA...

EVERYONE, if you're into playing New, Interesting Hacks, I highly suggest downloading Pokemon Hyetology. It's finally been released today, and although I haven't gotten around to play it myself Yet, I strongly recommend it from the screenshots, story, and all of the hardwork the creator, hinkage, has put into it.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Hey everyone. As promised, here's an early look at NUMASSITY CITY:

2qi63xt.jpg

(There will be 4 more OW sprites running around in the city & possibly one more house. I just haven't scripted them yet.)
68eu6f.jpg

ABOUT The City: Numassity City is the 5th Major City in the hack and overall, it has the most to offer. In this city, there's a Bike Shop, Trainer Fan Club, A couple houses with people in'em, a center, 2 gyms(sorta), and the best thing, A Very Big Mart!
History Of The City: The city used to have a Fighting Type Gym, who's leader was the younger brother of the Fighting Gym leader in the Omni Region. However, Alder's daughter, NORA, playfully challenged the gym leader with her Normal type Pokemon...And Won. People were not only shock that a team consisted of Normal pokemon defeated a Fighting team, but the trainer who used the Normal pokemon was only 9 years old. Now, NORA has become the city's leader and has done Alot of change and decorating to a once proud, strong business city. NORA has painted a building in the city and proclaims it as her "Play-Pen". Although she never captured it, she also befriended a very powerful Normal type Pokemon. Unfortunetly for the player, that Pokemon is in town with NORA...

EVERYONE, if you're into playing New, Interesting Hacks, I highly suggest downloading Pokemon Hyetology. It's finally been released today, and although I haven't gotten around to play it myself Yet, I strongly recommend it from the screenshots, story, and all of the hardwork the creator, hinkage, has put into it.

A few ways to improve your map:
1) There is a lot of negative space in your map. Try adding more trees and empty houses in your city.
2) Add different elevations. The map at the moment is far too flat.

Though, I can see how much your mapping skills have improved during this run, good luck.

Back