• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
Okay,My Character:

Character's Name:
Doctor Who

What Series He/She is from: Doctor Who

How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe (In other words. How did this person get here and why):He is timelord (a last one of a civilization that was the first created by arceus ,he also has a very strong bond with arceus.)that stuck in omni region, and you are the first person that saw him. He sense a dark power that brought him and TARDIS to this world.

What Pokemon should He/She have:
He should have some pysihic pokemon like elgeyem or beeheyem,Or prethistorical pokemon. Maybe some legendary that controls time and space and distorsion world.

That you guys should pick. The best to balance game.But i think that this character would be awesome.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
I got another random character suggestion, maybe Lelouch from Code Geass? He could use his Geass to control people, so maybe he could be an antagonist or something, or he could even be on your side, but the antagonists are immune to his geass. How would he end up in this world? Idk, maybe C.C or another Geass user could transport him here.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I got another random character suggestion, maybe Lelouch from Code Geass? He could use his Geass to control people, so maybe he could be an antagonist or something, or he could even be on your side, but the antagonists are immune to his geass. How would he end up in this world? Idk, maybe C.C or another Geass user could transport him here.
Lelou would be awesome char for DR2 =)
Not to mention his popularity would be like 11/10.

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
Okay,My Character:

Character's Name:
Doctor Who

What Series He/She is from: Doctor Who

How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe (In other words. How did this person get here and why):He is timelord (a last one of a civilization that was the first created by arceus ,he also has a very strong bond with arceus.)that stuck in omni region, and you are the first person that saw him. He sense a dark power that brought him and TARDIS to this world.

What Pokemon should He/She have:
He should have some pysihic pokemon like elgeyem or beeheyem,Or prethistorical pokemon. Maybe some legendary that controls time and space and distorsion world.

That you guys should pick. The best to balance game.But i think that this character would be awesome.

hey i posted that one! and i agree that the doctor should be in this game
Character's Name: the doctor or just david tennant

What Series He/She is from: surprisingly, doctor who

How could He/She mix into a Pokemon Universe (In other words. How did this person get here and why): he is a damn time lord. and he is on pokemon platinum too (looker)

What Pokemon should He/She have: mysterious pokemon. like like solrock, lunatune or something like these

On a scale of 1-10, how popular is this character & would He/She make a well-known impact: 9 seriously. i love david tennant and he must be for for everywhere!

just look at that and say this isnt david tennant
Spr_Pt_Looker.png

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Update coming tomorrow!
Remember I'm still looking for scripters so if you're interested, please PM me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Just throwing it out there even though i know you already have a beggining but what about instead of starting with the final evolved dragons, you can say the main bad guy of the game did something that made the starters turn back to the baby forms and they were taken away by some bad guy just so we can see that our dragons are progressing in the game and looking forward to seeing them evolve. For example, like in the beginning you can do something like the main guy wakes up and forgets which dragon he had. Then the person playing the game picks there starter, then he automatically remembers. Then during the first 5-10mins of the game u have the main character and the other 2 dragon keepers get there dragons back. but i dont know i just wanted to throw it out there

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Just throwing it out there even though i know you already have a beggining but what about instead of starting with the final evolved dragons, you can say the main bad guy of the game did something that made the starters turn back to the baby forms and they were taken away by some bad guy just so we can see that our dragons are progressing in the game and looking forward to seeing them evolve. For example, like in the beginning you can do something like the main guy wakes up and forgets which dragon he had. Then the person playing the game picks there starter, then he automatically remembers. Then during the first 5-10mins of the game u have the main character and the other 2 dragon keepers get there dragons back. but i dont know i just wanted to throw it out there

Great idea! I also had something like that in mind but I was just going to say the player's dragon had a baby with another dragon and the player decided to take that one along lol. But I'll be sticking to the fully evolve forms. You'll still be able to catch some baby Pokemon at the very beginning of the game at lv5 in a place called Tabula Rasa. You'll have a lot of variety to choose from and you can see them progress. Some choices are Magby, Elekid, Bonsly, Mime Jr, etc. You'll still get that "new trainer" feel but also a sequel feel with your Dragon and despite the big difference in power, the game'll still be challenging and balanced. Don't worry, I won't go overboard this time lol. But some of the bosses at the early stages will have 1 or 2 Pokemon that are tougher than what your baby Pokemon can handle. Which is where your Dragon come in. You'll see. ^.^

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
UPDATE!!

Hey Everyone! Here's a look at the Title Screen for Dark Rising 2:
2n6ax3s.png

(Tajaros Made It!)

Next, here's a better look at the screenshots that are featured on the Box of Dark Rising 2:
2wcqno9.jpg

2rz6xvo.png

2a6jrk3.png

Now, here's a look at the new textbox installed by Pinkish Purple:
t5gak4.png

Up next is New Music created by the team's musical genius, Jillsandwich93:
Wild Battle Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFMlO-dKxII

Here's some new screenshots of an event:
2ugjhhx.png
1ok38j.png

29bdd6x.png
13ztiyx.png

And last, it's time to reveal the winner of the special character request:
2cyo9lj.gif

acfx1v.jpg

(Why he was chosen: Sora is much more believable to have come into the Pokemon universe than anyone else who was requested due to his constant travels of other universes such as Disney Stories & Final Fantasy worlds. He's very popular and just has that "I can blend into this world" kind of style about him judging by his overall characteristics such as his attitude and appearance. Also, in some worlds that he travels too, his attire changes. It was hard to pass up the idea of giving Sora a more "Pokemon Trainer" outfit & giving his keyblade a Pokeball symbol somewhere on it. And No…Goofy or Donald Will NOT be in the hack…Just…No.)

The official trainer sprite for Sora will be posted sometime this week or next week. I Hope you all enjoyed the update! Progress will begin to pick up much quicker once me and the team finally find a dedicated secondary scripter. There were plenty of more things I wanted to share in the update, however some of it just wasn't completed and we couldn't get around to doing it. But I will be posting updates much more starting soon. And thank you everyone for your special character submissions. I really liked all of them and it was cool how some of you thought of some great ideas to see in the hack. I really appreciate it. Don't worry, I won't let you guys down with this! ^.^

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Title screen is great! (No more picture no available jokes... :/)
Textbox... Guess I'm gonna look like a jerk but I don't like it...
If the Pokeballs weren't overlapping the text, it would look good but this way... it doesn't look nice.

And as for Sora... great choice =D
Kingdom Hearts is very popular series and Sora is well known character ;)

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
wow looking owsome can't wait for the 1st beta tou release. New sprits and tiles and keeping dragon pokemon as starters is way to cool, keep up the hard work

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
I guess my character suggestion was a bit too dark for Pokemon then. Kind of a downer, but then again, the choice was never in my control, so whatever DRG wants to do to her sequel, I can accept it.

Years
Good update but seeing my trainer request was rejected I am a little sad. But no worries haa haa. Secondly just like Ash said I don't like that dialogue box with pokeballs either. Also what is that thing our Npc is wearing on his head. A hat with feathers???

Years
Heh it's preety good I must say not to mention that Arceuse's eyes r really creeping me out. But overall, let me tell u that this game is really promising and this time I know that since u have your new and improved team, it's gonna be really hard for other hacks to top this. Who knows, this time u may win HACK OF THE YEAR!!. But seriously nicely done. Looking forward to it, I will as sure as hell let my voice be heard when u release the first beta. Good luck!! ;)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I guess my character suggestion was a bit too dark for Pokemon then. Kind of a downer, but then again, the choice was never in my control, so whatever DRG wants to do to her sequel, I can accept it.

In a hack where someone gets pushed off a building and a Pokemon drowns, I don't think your idea was too dark lol. I really liked it and it was considerable. But based on everything, I went with Sora.

Speaking of Sora, here's the trainer sprite as promised:
2mrry8m.jpg

(All Credits go to the team's amazing trainer spriter, Foxz. Do Not Steal!)

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
In a hack where someone gets pushed off a building and a Pokemon drowns, I don't think your idea was too dark lol. I really liked it and it was considerable. But based on everything, I went with Sora.

Speaking of Sora, here's the trainer sprite as promised:
2mrry8m.jpg

(All Credits go to the team's amazing trainer spriter, Foxz. Do Not Steal!)

Honestly, if I knew the first thing about making a ROM hack, which I dont, I'd have put my idea in and wouldnt be too bummed out, but like I said, I can accept Sora being chosen. Speaking of my idea, will we see Jean Blake in Dark Rising 2?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Okay, I might be wrong with what I'm saying here because I haven't played DR really at all, and so have little idea on what this hack's story is about.

But I still think this is something to be taken in consideration.
First of all, I do like Kingdom Hearts and Sora being a special character in this hack is a cool idea. But idea itself is not enough.

Why is Sora part of the game? Why does he instantly train pokemon and why would the main character challenge him to a pokemon battle?
These kind of things, they just won't work unless they're explained properly and have some backstory behind them, especially the first one.

Yeah, I tend to give a lot of critique. And it's true that my own inventions aren't carefully thought either.

But why not make it instead so that either Sora has for some reason come to this world, or as a sidequest, the main character is able to go to another world where Sora at the time happens to be. Instead of Sora training pokemon, he could still be taking out the bad guys and saving the worlds, and you would actually assist him in a sidequest of some kind. That way, he would have a role in the game but more than that, a role that would make sense.

Everything in game development is built on planning. Without the planning, there is no game. That's simply how it is.

Other than that, I think this hack looks pretty cool and I really like the new music by "JillandSandwich" (or whatever that person's nickname here is) what I've heard, haven't really checked more than a couple of tracks really but they sound awesome.
But I hope you take this into consideration.

If Sora plays no specific role in the game, having him as a random NPC somewhere will totally not be worth it.
But, if he's going to be in the game, let him have a role he deserves, and what describes him! :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Okay, I might be wrong with what I'm saying here because I haven't played DR really at all, and so have little idea on what this hack's story is about.

But I still think this is something to be taken in consideration.
First of all, I do like Kingdom Hearts and Sora being a special character in this hack is a cool idea. But idea itself is not enough.

Why is Sora part of the game? Why does he instantly train pokemon and why would the main character challenge him to a pokemon battle?
These kind of things, they just won't work unless they're explained properly and have some backstory behind them, especially the first one.

Yeah, I tend to give a lot of critique. And it's true that my own inventions aren't carefully thought either.

But why not make it instead so that either Sora has for some reason come to this world, or as a sidequest, the main character is able to go to another world where Sora at the time happens to be. Instead of Sora training pokemon, he could still be taking out the bad guys and saving the worlds, and you would actually assist him in a sidequest of some kind. That way, he would have a role in the game but more than that, a role that would make sense.

Everything in game development is built on planning. Without the planning, there is no game. That's simply how it is.

Other than that, I think this hack looks pretty cool and I really like the new music by "JillandSandwich" (or whatever that person's nickname here is) what I've heard, haven't really checked more than a couple of tracks really but they sound awesome.
But I hope you take this into consideration.

If Sora plays no specific role in the game, having him as a random NPC somewhere will totally not be worth it.
But, if he's going to be in the game, let him have a role he deserves, and what describes him! :)

Thanks for your input! Don't worry, Sora's part isn't going to be random or just a basic battle. It's going to be a background story and he will play a role in the hack for a fair amount of time. When I started Dark Rising 1, the same questions were being asked about Yugi and why was he going to be in the hack. After Dark Rising was released and everyone played through Yugi's part, they saw he had a great background story as to how he got in the Pokemon universe and reasons that fit perfectly with what was going on. Although Yugi's part was excellent and well-explained, he didn't get much time to play any big role. Sora's going to actually play a somewhat big role in the hack for a good amount of time. Don't mean to sound cocky but when it comes to story-telling, I'm one of the best. You don't have to worry about Sora's part in the hack being unworthy. It will be even better than Yugi's part in DR1 and very well written. I got this! ^.^ (But I cant reveal as to why he's in the world. Not on the thread. Play and find out.)

Also, I advise you to play through and complete Dark Rising 1(Or you can watch one of the many Let's Plays on Youtube). Try to ignore the few bugs here and there, and you'll enjoy it and see how amazing the story is. That's what the series is all about; the amazing story. It's kinda needed to play through the first one to know what's going on and how the characters all meet and their individual goals/triumphs/and different personalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back