• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
How to evolution Sneasel to Weavile in this game?
Are you sure you're playing the new version?
Sneasel shouldn't be in the new version.

I didn't do anything wrong, honestly. All I did was text editing. Nothing else.
I think that the problem can be fixed if we reinsert the Emboar sprite.
But you know, I am no good at inserting sprites.
I'll send you the patch after I complete text editing LP.
I know that... I've known you for some time so I know your style of editing and pretty much know causes of bugs before you explain them =D

Yes, Mr. Ketchum.
That way, the Trainer's PKMN will only use Super Effective moves against the Player's PKMN.
If they don't have moves that are super effective against the Player's PKMN, then they will not use not very effective moves.
The highest AI level of a Trainer's PKMN is 255.
You didn't have to explain it to me :D I kinda figured what it could mean, my question pretty much was how you do that :D
However I think 255 is too much for Steam Admins...

Years
this is kinda random but why do most trainers have like 5 or 6 pokemon with them? that makes the routes go by soooo slowz!

Yea, 3 or 4 Pokemon is good. adding more will make the game unpleasant to play and also boring. trainer should have random number of pokemon. this way the game will be more interesting and fun.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Just to warn people. There is a little mapping error in the ice gym. I got stuck in it and I had no way to get out. I used a walkthrough walls cheat to get out. it is in the first sliding puzzle be careful.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years

Yea, 3 or 4 Pokemon is good. adding more will make the game unpleasant to play and also boring. trainer should have random number of pokemon. this way the game will be more interesting and fun.

Nope, I've tested it and it's fine. 6 PKMN for each important character can give rapid EXP for your PKMN instantly.

I know that... I've known you for some time so I know your style of editing and pretty much know causes of bugs before you explain them =D

You didn't have to explain it to me :D I kinda figured what it could mean, my question pretty much was how you do that :D
However I think 255 is too much for Steam Admins...

So, you'll fix it, then? Thank you.
I changed the PKMN's AI level with A-Trainer.

first off, i do not agree with team steam admins having six pokemon if SP is gonna make the ai at max and make the pokemon have the best move set possible. I would not complain if that would be part of a x version. The regular one and that would be way to much.

Same for what you mentioned about the other characters SonicBlazePlatinum, I do not see fit every gym having 6 pokemon unless like i said would be part of a x version.

Wesley's like this: For example, in Groment City Gym,
the Gym Trainer's PKMN are about Lv. 38, and Atlur's PKMN are about
Lv. 45. I was like, Lv. 45?! The levels are too far apart! So, that gave me a motive to make the Trainers stronger so that their levels are not too apart.
Also, if I gave more PKMN to important characters, (Eg. Rivals, Steam Admins/Leaders) then your PKMN'll gain more EXP. Is that a bad thing?

Zhery Victory Road? By the way there is are you also fixing the glitch where the Ace Trainer (m) is supposed to battle you? Also since you are giving Team Steam Executives (Admins) and Bosses six Pokemon can you also give Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Rivals, Lance, Cynthia, Steven, and Eusine six Pokemon too?

Yep. I'm fixing all bugs. Oh, and as I've said above, all important characters will have six PKMN with maxed AI level.

Just to warn people. There is a little mapping error in the ice gym. I got stuck in it and I had no way to get out. I used a walkthrough walls cheat to get out. it is in the first sliding puzzle be careful.

Oh, yes, I've noticed that error too.
I fixed it. (I opened a new path for so that people will not get stuck) Thanks for the advice.

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
Years
It looks like a lot of hack progress is being made, that makes me more interested and impatient for this hack to get ready. Thanks Sarcastic Prince and Ash493 for all your hard work and also good luck!

Years
"all important characters will have six PKMN with maxed AI level."

That would not be a smart thing to do SP, your making this hack way to hard because I for one will not play this hack with every important person having six pokemon and maxed AI.

ahsome

Scripter Legend
Years
Go Light Platinum, GO GO!!!

Great work WesleyFG for making this epic game
And thanks SP and Ash for translating it for us people who speak english
WE WANT THIS GAME GREAT
Give us the game as quick as possible (of course fixing the bugs, we want a bug-free games now don't we? Well, maybe not the people who like weedle and caterpie and stuff like that 0.o)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
"all important characters will have six PKMN with maxed AI level."

That would not be a smart thing to do SP, your making this hack way to hard because I for one will not play this hack with every important person having six pokemon and maxed AI.

After I finish up the translation, I'll ask Ash to play through it.
If he thinks that is is too hard, I'll maybe reduce the levels,
but if it is fine, it'll stay that way.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
After I finish up the translation, I'll ask Ash to play through it.
If he thinks that is is too hard, I'll maybe reduce the levels,
but if it is fine, it'll stay that way.
Oh damn xD I don't know whether I'm the right one for this :D
I'm only training pokemon that belong to my party so games are pretty easy for me :D
But I'll try to be objective :)

DVK

Hack based-God
Years

Oh damn xD I don't know whether I'm the right one for this :D
I'm only training pokemon that belong to my party so games are pretty easy for me :D
But I'll try to be objective :)

haha That's the point ash, just go through the game as you normally would i think.... haha unless SP trusts other people with beta testing you are the only one, and the integrity and quality of this hack all comes down to you! (All jokes aside) i am anticipating the release of the english version of this, my spanish classes at high school helped a little bit with understanding what they saying but yeah i'd rather play this whilst being able actually understand fully :)

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
cant wait for this !! :D does it have victini?
and how many b&w pokemon does it have? :)

Nope, no Victini.
Spoiler:

There are 63 B/W PKMN in total.

Back