• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Hi!
where can i find gible, riolu, axew, larvitar, hippotas and larvitar?

btw does hatching every type of egg require 10,000 steps? and does flame body/ magma armor reduce it?

thanks! btw very awesome game!
Gible: Breed a Gabite that can be get at Underground (very rare).
Riolu: At Local Trade Station.
Axew: At Pokémon Shop.
Larvitar: Breed a Pupitar that can be get at Underground (very rare).
Hippopotas: Breed a Hippowdow that can be get at Local Trade Station.
Larvitar: Breed a Pupitar that can be get at Underground (very rare).

Steps to hatch works like official games, but I forget about implementing these two abilities side effect. Very probably I will implement this at 1.2.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2015
thnx for the replies.
i was wondering why i coudlnt find gabite and pupitar in underground then i noticed i was playing a lower version.
i updated now and got them :D

i hope you also add the new abilities of pokemon upto gen V that would really make it cool.

really awesome game!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
thnx for the replies.
i was wondering why i coudlnt find gabite and pupitar in underground then i noticed i was playing a lower version.
i updated now and got them :D

i hope you also add the new abilities of pokemon upto gen V that would really make it cool.

really awesome game!
Gabite and Pupitar encounter percentage is the same at all versions released so far.

Yes, I wish to have these abilities too. Thank you for the feedback!

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2019
i don't know if it's okay or not for asking this,

but i want to use pokemon maker or pokeGen application on this game..
is it possible?

i want to make my own starter pokemon :D

Years
  • Age 65
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Hey i got a problem with the game. It plays fine but there is no audio. The audio looks like clear in a way. gyazo.com/47326c78eab499cc2bad11024ad9a2df . Please help.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
i don't know if it's okay or not for asking this,

but i want to use pokemon maker or pokeGen application on this game..
is it possible?

i want to make my own starter pokemon :D
No, this game is complete incompatible with these programs.

Hey i got a problem with the game. It plays fine but there is no audio. The audio looks like clear in a way. gyazo.com/47326c78eab499cc2bad11024ad9a2df . Please help.

Read me said:
Q: The sounds aren't working!
A: See if your computer have how to play music, if so go to Control Panel on the Sounds and Audio Devices, click the Advanced button and increase the various volumes types to the sounds work.
The file is clear because it's a Windows hidden file. If you copy the entire folder and change the volume settings, the sound should work.

Sml6

Sp00py Ghosts
Years
  • Age 51
  • Here
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
I have an idea for a trainer.

Name: X
Team
Blaziken - Level 44 - Moves: Blaze Kick, Focus Energy, Bulk Up, Double Kick
Golurk - Level 42 - Moves: Shadow Punch, DynamicPunch, Defense Curl, Night Shade
Machamp - Level 43 - Moves: Revenge, Seismic Toss, Karate Chop, Focus Energy
Gyarados - Level 42 - Moves: Leer, Hydro Pump, Twister, Rain Dance
Scolipede - Level 45 - Moves: Toxic, Poison Tail, Screech, Bug Bite
Hypno - Level 44 - Moves: Psybeam, Confusion, Poison Gas, Psych Up

Comments: You can make him either a random trainer or a rival. I added in the levels and moves for if you choose to make him a random trainer, those can be the Pokemon's levels and moves. You can change them if you wish. Two more things, I am assuming that all Pokemon from Generation 1 to Generation 5 are in and that they have their Generation 5 move sets. Lastly, you may change the name if you wish (I'm bad at coming up with names)

*Edit: Derp. Forgot Golett evolved at Level 40. Yet I looked up Scolipede to make sure he's evolved by Level 45...

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
I have an idea for a trainer.

Name: X
Team
Blaziken - Level 44 - Moves: Blaze Kick, Focus Energy, Bulk Up, Double Kick
Golurk - Level 42 - Moves: Shadow Punch, DynamicPunch, Defense Curl, Night Shade
Machamp - Level 43 - Moves: Revenge, Seismic Toss, Karate Chop, Focus Energy
Gyarados - Level 42 - Moves: Leer, Hydro Pump, Twister, Rain Dance
Scolipede - Level 45 - Moves: Toxic, Poison Tail, Screech, Bug Bite
Hypno - Level 44 - Moves: Psybeam, Confusion, Poison Gas, Psych Up

Comments: You can make him either a random trainer or a rival. I added in the levels and moves for if you choose to make him a random trainer, those can be the Pokemon's levels and moves. You can change them if you wish. Two more things, I am assuming that all Pokemon from Generation 1 to Generation 5 are in and that they have their Generation 5 move sets. Lastly, you may change the name if you wish (I'm bad at coming up with names)

*Edit: Derp. Forgot Golett evolved at Level 40. Yet I looked up Scolipede to make sure he's evolved by Level 45...
Good entry! There is no problem with Golurk level since in Pokémon Island there Unova Crown.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
You should really announce in the first post that this is its own game, rather than a patch. It looks like a nice game, but I'd like to know that I can't play it from the get-go, since I only have an Android phone.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
You should really announce in the first post that this is its own game, rather than a patch. It looks like a nice game, but I'd like to know that I can't play it from the get-go, since I only have an Android phone.
This is the Game Development section, not the ROM Hacking section. By definition, anything in here is its own standalone game and not a "patch". There's no need to specifically state this.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I've been playing this game for a while now and I'd like to give some of my impressions so far. First of all, there is a little bug I found in the forest section: I'm playing with english text and if you talk to the couple for a rematch the choice you get prompted to is still in portugese.

Now, it's a really decent game and the concept of having no gym leaders and story sure is a novelty for a Pokemon game that aims to be like the main series games. I also like that you can rematch almost every trainer (even though I wish, you didn't have to reenter the area to do so). But despite the different approach of the "Gotta Catch 'em All!" concept, there are still a lot of things which should be worked on.

1. Grammar
I'm not an expert when it comes to the english language, but there certainly are a couple of errors. For example: if you rank up in the colosseum it says "Your rank are now XX"
If you have Beta Testers tell them to look a little bit more into your spelling/grammar, especially when it comes to the english translation.

2. Key Bindings
I've played my fair share of RPG-Maker games, so I'm familiar with the way how the keys are assigned, but if you've only played the main games on the console it can get really annoying/confusing if you have to think the other way around (the directions cross on the consoles are on the left, while the standard configuration from RPG-Maker games puts it on the direction keys on the right)
Also you have two keys assigned to running: Shift (RPG-Maker standard) and Z. I'd suggest you simply remove the second one, especially since Z is always a bad decision (there are a couple keyboard layouts who have Y and Z switched), except...
if you give the player the option to change the configuration (which is, what I'd recommend you to do).

3. Abilities
Ok, you already stated that there are still a couple of them missing, but not everyone reads the full presentation and since your game already passed version 1.0 one would think that the important features are already fully implemented (which includes Abilities). So, what I'd suggest: even if not all abilities are implemented, give every Pokemon at least something (another ability, which is already in the game). People shouldn't have to find out that the Pokemon they want to use, doesn't have an ability, even though it should have, because it's the full version of the game.

4. Lag
It's there (on rare occations), but I don't seem to be able to reproduce it. The only thing I can say, is that it suddenly happened while I was on the main plaza of the island. After restarting the game the lag was gone.

5. Music
It's loud and with "loud" I mean REALLY loud. I like to play games while letting a Youtube video run in the background. Even though the videos are on highest volume the music in the game is at least twice at loud. I guess it would only be half as bad if it wasn't for some awfull MIDI sounds. For example the song played in the Teleport Station (I think it's a Super Mario Sunshine theme): somewhere in the middle it starts sounding like people, who are stuck in a traffic jam, releasing their anger (if you know what I mean).
I'd suggest that you either put the volume down a little bit, or even better, build an option which allows the player to adjust it how he wants it to be (maybe even a mute option would be cool). Also, maybe you could rehear them and replace those that sound weird (to be honest I'm not a fan of MIDI in conjunction with the newer RPG-Maker engines, mainly because they are outdated and the Soundfont Windows uses is far from the best).

6. Repetition
Even though I sometimes like to play games where you pretty much spend the most time doing things over and over again, after a couple of hours it got really boring and it certainly didn't help that there's no speedup function. If I recall correctly there are other games like this (Pokemon games made with the RPG-Maker) which provide such a function, so it should be possible to be implemented. That would be really cool, since battling the same trainers over and over again, without any speedup, takes forever...

Well, that being said, I'm far from done, yet with the game. At the moment I'm still Rank 6, so I don't know if there is more to come, but I'll find out eventually. ^^

Reactions: FL

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today

XII- System requirements
-Minimum:
Microsoft® Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista*
Intel Pentium III 800MHz or higher
128 MB RAM or higher
Support resolution 1024×768 High Color (24 Bit) or higher
DirectSound support and DirectX 8 or higher installed

-Recommended:
Microsoft® Windows® XP*
Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz or higher
256 MB RAM or higher
Support resolution 1024×768 High Color (24 Bit) or higher
DirectSound support and DirectX 8 or higher installed

*To run on Microsoft® Windows® 7 or 8 just put one of these on the compatibility.

It is not necessary an emulator because it is a game and NOT a Hack Rom. Also RTP is not required, just download, unzip and play.
---

I've been playing this game for a while now and I'd like to give some of my impressions so far. First of all, there is a little bug I found in the forest section: I'm playing with english text and if you talk to the couple for a rematch the choice you get prompted to is still in portugese.
Thanks for the report!

Now, it's a really decent game and the concept of having no gym leaders and story sure is a novelty for a Pokemon game that aims to be like the main series games. I also like that you can rematch almost every trainer (even though I wish, you didn't have to reenter the area to do so). But despite the different approach of the "Gotta Catch 'em All!" concept, there are still a lot of things which should be worked on.
I never said that there is no GYM Leaders ;)

1. Grammar
I'm not an expert when it comes to the english language, but there certainly are a couple of errors. For example: if you rank up in the colosseum it says "Your rank are now XX"
If you have Beta Testers tell them to look a little bit more into your spelling/grammar, especially when it comes to the english translation.
I'm requesting for the players to send betters translations, and this is working! The grammar at game now is far better than at first versions.

2. Key Bindings
I've played my fair share of RPG-Maker games, so I'm familiar with the way how the keys are assigned, but if you've only played the main games on the console it can get really annoying/confusing if you have to think the other way around (the directions cross on the consoles are on the left, while the standard configuration from RPG-Maker games puts it on the direction keys on the right)
Also you have two keys assigned to running: Shift (RPG-Maker standard) and Z. I'd suggest you simply remove the second one, especially since Z is always a bad decision (there are a couple keyboard layouts who have Y and Z switched), except...
if you give the player the option to change the configuration (which is, what I'd recommend you to do).
Yes! I created a script that allows the player set the controls. 1.2 will have it.

To solve all the keyboard related problems I created a script at 1.2 that allows the player to set the controls.

3. Abilities
Ok, you already stated that there are still a couple of them missing, but not everyone reads the full presentation and since your game already passed version 1.0 one would think that the important features are already fully implemented (which includes Abilities). So, what I'd suggest: even if not all abilities are implemented, give every Pokemon at least something (another ability, which is already in the game). People shouldn't have to find out that the Pokemon they want to use, doesn't have an ability, even though it should have, because it's the full version of the game.
I already do this so some pokémon have the Dream World Ability, but I doesn't extend for pokémon that never have any of the available abilities.

I understand how abilities are important and how bad and strange a pokémon without ability is, but implementing dozens of abilities direct on code isn't a easy/quick task.

4. Lag
It's there (on rare occations), but I don't seem to be able to reproduce it. The only thing I can say, is that it suddenly happened while I was on the main plaza of the island. After restarting the game the lag was gone.
I noticed this, but unable to find/fix. It's too random...

5. Music
It's loud and with "loud" I mean REALLY loud. I like to play games while letting a Youtube video run in the background. Even though the videos are on highest volume the music in the game is at least twice at loud. I guess it would only be half as bad if it wasn't for some awfull MIDI sounds. For example the song played in the Teleport Station (I think it's a Super Mario Sunshine theme): somewhere in the middle it starts sounding like people, who are stuck in a traffic jam, releasing their anger (if you know what I mean).
I'd suggest that you either put the volume down a little bit, or even better, build an option which allows the player to adjust it how he wants it to be (maybe even a mute option would be cool). Also, maybe you could rehear them and replace those that sound weird (to be honest I'm not a fan of MIDI in conjunction with the newer RPG-Maker engines, mainly because they are outdated and the Soundfont Windows uses is far from the best).
At least Windows 8.1 allows to control an individual volume setting for each application. Anyway you can disable the music with F1.

I use midis because the mp3/ogg formats greatly increase each music size. There some that are too bad, especially the BW ones that I am adjusting for better versions.

6. Repetition
Even though I sometimes like to play games where you pretty much spend the most time doing things over and over again, after a couple of hours it got really boring and it certainly didn't help that there's no speedup function. If I recall correctly there are other games like this (Pokemon games made with the RPG-Maker) which provide such a function, so it should be possible to be implemented. That would be really cool, since battling the same trainers over and over again, without any speedup, takes forever...
Recently I find a way for very fast text that make everything faster. I also will double the bicycle speed at 1.2. Anyway, 1.2 will have at least TEN minigames that bring more variety at gameplay.

Well, that being said, I'm far from done, yet with the game. At the moment I'm still Rank 6, so I don't know if there is more to come, but I'll find out eventually. ^^
Thank you for the big feedback!

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
I have a question:
Which Gen's mechanics do the Day-Care uses?
(III, IV or V's)

Been trying to breed a modest Finneon (Father: Modest Magikarp holding everstone, Mother: Finneon) but the hatchling doesn't have the "father+Everstone"'s nature

But when I did: Male Magikarp + Female Modest Magikarp w/Everstone, the hatchling DID have the mother's nature

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
I have a question:
Which Gen's mechanics do the Day-Care uses?
(III, IV or V's)

Been trying to breed a modest Finneon (Father: Modest Magikarp holding everstone, Mother: Finneon) but the hatchling doesn't have the "father+Everstone"'s nature

But when I did: Male Magikarp + Female Modest Magikarp w/Everstone, the hatchling DID have the mother's nature
Emerald mechanics, but without the Flame Body/Magma Armor quick hatch thing.

Years
I downloaded the game yesterday and played around with it for a few minutes. As someone who is learning computer programming now and trying to develop my own text-based Pokemon game, I was in absolute awe of what you and your team were able to create! If I could ever create anything as close to what you have released in Pokemon Island, I would be beyond ecstatic. Great job on this!

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2014
Glad to see Version 1.2 is finally finished. It's too bad that I'll have to wait to try it out until next week when I'm done with college. I can't wait to see what's been added/improved.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
I downloaded the game yesterday and played around with it for a few minutes. As someone who is learning computer programming now and trying to develop my own text-based Pokemon game, I was in absolute awe of what you and your team were able to create! If I could ever create anything as close to what you have released in Pokemon Island, I would be beyond ecstatic. Great job on this!
My team? I requested sprites a few times and I have help with the translation sometimes, but, excluding public resources/packs/kits, at least 97% of this game was done by me.

And there several secret system/things too! Only the 1.2 version was, at least, 7 new secret systems.

Glad to see Version 1.2 is finally finished. It's too bad that I'll have to wait to try it out until next week when I'm done with college. I can't wait to see what's been added/improved.
Check the changelog at the thread! I can't believe that I have played this game without the new bicycle and text speeds.

Last edited:
Back