• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
>: Why do you have an awesome hero sprite?

Cause I sprited it 8D

okay, I realy like the trainer sprite. The overworld is great but the sides can be tweeked a little bit more for perfection. The Features are not that existing, nothing new :P.

The OW has been tweaked to perfection already and really it can't get much better then that :l
Like harry said were trying to make this like an official pokemon game.

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
Years
@ NarutoActor, I commented earlier on this, manipulation just said that he wanted it to be like a proper pokémon game.
Rijon Adventures didn't really have any amazing special features, just great maps and scripts.
Is it not possible for the same to be done here?

Years
Lol I'm spriting for this?

I didn't expect you to post this so early. Nice, obviously.

And I swear that layout is a sienna-coloured version of Azure Horizons' layout. Not really, but it looks like it.

\o/

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Hmm, I would say go with Red, maybe thats just me.
I like the Platinum intro colours. This hack is coming along swiftly.

Thanks.

Cool.
Looking sharp, good luck.

Thanks, kind of generic, but I'll let it slide.

Looks nice.
You could make the flowers a nice shade of red blue - shinx blue. :3

Harry </3 red. D:

:P

okay, I realy like the trainer sprite. The overworld is great but the sides can be tweeked a little bit more for perfection. The Features are not that existing, nothing new :P. Oh, and Why is Buneray so low on the screen it looks odd. I also thought it looked odd where the dirt path then changes to bricks. Overall pretty good, Good Job.

It already is perfection. Who cares in all honesty, it's all about gameplay. not 11111 ninty pokemuns shiny gaiz 7 legends k go.

Yeah, I'm a hater.
Robin Egg Blue>Everything.

And NarutoActor is right. It would look much better if the paths were separate.

Ew, no u. Actually, it's a transition that is frequently used. It's staying.

I love it! I like the story, the sprites (,duh), BUT I don't like the the road connection on screen 2. Make those separate.

Thanks. Might have a job for you, soon.

Cause I sprited it 8D

The OW has been tweaked to perfection already and really it can't get much better then that :l
Like harry said were trying to make this like an official pokemon game.

YEAH DIS

I get that, but every new game nintendo comes out with, they adds on new features.

Yeah, but we don't get 3D systems with no limits, do we?

@ NarutoActor, I commented earlier on this, manipulation just said that he wanted it to be like a proper pokémon game.
Rijon Adventures didn't really have any amazing special features, just great maps and scripts.
Is it not possible for the same to be done here?

ilu <3 kbye

Lol I'm spriting for this?

I didn't expect you to post this so early. Nice, obviously.

And I swear that layout is a sienna-coloured version of Azure Horizons' layout. Not really, but it looks like it.

\o/

I meant to say Beta Testing. :P

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Are you talking about the road or the intro background?
Because you could improve on both of them :[

Logan

Years
The paths. lmao it's staying. I have no plans to change it at all in the near future. I'm pretty happy with the background, for now. Looks so much better than other hacks' out at the moment.

Anyway, currently scripting the level script that gives you a Pokémon. You'll get a choice between Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile. I suggest you pick your favourite first time out. Or otherwise Marsh will pick for you. :>

The Ominous Plains

Years
ilu <3 kbye
Tbh Manipulation I don't blame you, I am terribly attractive. :P

Edit: I made you a few userbars for the hack, becuase it looks very promising.
Here they are... (they took quite a while, i hope you like 'em)
AAASiennaBlue.png

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/hamishweir/AAASiennaBlue.png

AAASiennaFinEvo.png

URL]

^I'm going to go and fix the text position in this one.^

AAASiennagreen.png

URL]

AAASiennaMidEvo.png

URL]

AAASiennared.png

URL]

AAASiennaStarters.png

URL]

*the code under each of he images ins the code with a space left after the [img] so you can use them if you want.

~Ommi

Last edited:

Logan

Years
Tbh Manipulation I don't blame you, I am terribly attractive. :P

Edit: I made you a few userbars for the hack, becuase it looks very promising.
Here they are... (they took quite a while, i hope you like 'em)
AAASiennaBlue.png

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m273/hamishweir/AAASiennaBlue.png

AAASiennaFinEvo.png

URL]

^I'm going to go and fix the text position in this one.^

AAASiennagreen.png

URL]

AAASiennaMidEvo.png

URL]

AAASiennared.png

URL]

AAASiennaStarters.png

URL]

*the code under each of he images ins the code with a space left after the [img] so you can use them if you want.

~Ommi[/QUOTE]

That's a lot of userbars o3o. Anyway, I'll add them all up eventually. It might take a while. XD

Anyway, got a preview of the level script in the lab for you. :P

[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/neulco.png

The Ominous Plains

Years
Awesome,
NP take aslong as u need to put them up, if you want, you can pm me the main hero's Battlesprite and i can make a userbar outta that.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I wanted to say something but looking through the thread, I see that almost everything I was going to point out has already been mentioned :'(
I do have one question though: who names their son "Granite"? o.O

Anyways, if you ask me, I'd say you're trying too hard to follow in the footsteps of the other Emulation moderators (Thrace and Christos, to be specific). I get the feeling that you're holding yourself back in an attempt to fit into the mold established by the other staff members (including Hiroshi Sotomura). After seeing your contributions to Broken Beacon, I was expecting something more... innovative, I guess. Whatever it is, your hack is definitely lacking something. The first few posts already brought this up but this hack just doesn't really stand out in any way. I think you need something fresh and new to make this hack unique.
It just feels like something's missing. I hope you find it.
Best of luck.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Wow, you're taking another shot at Rom Hacking?
That's good for a start because of the amazing Hero OW you sprited.

Everything looks nicely made.

Good luck with this and I hope you won't quit this hack.

Logan

Years
I wanted to say something but looking through the thread, I see that almost everything I was going to point out has already been mentioned :'(
I do have one question though: who names their son "Granite"? o.O

Well, Hero is called Granite, Heroine is called Shian. It has a deep back plot to it, but, the short story is where the hack originated from. My hack, Shian, and Chibi's hack, Granite. Anyway, you call call them whatever you want. But, those are the default names. Along with the main rival, Harry, in my signature.

Anyways, if you ask me, I'd say you're trying too hard to follow in the footsteps of the other Emulation moderators (Thrace and Christos, to be specific). I get the feeling that you're holding yourself back in an attempt to fit into the mold established by the other staff members (including Hiroshi Sotomura). After seeing your contributions to Broken Beacon, I was expecting something more... innovative, I guess. Whatever it is, your hack is definitely lacking something. The first few posts already brought this up but this hack just doesn't really stand out in any way. I think you need something fresh and new to make this hack unique.
It just feels like something's missing. I hope you find it.
Best of luck.

Mhm, thanks. In all honesty, I'm not actually copying anyone. Most ideas are by myself and Chibi Robo. Also, it's only the beginning of the game, it's uniqueness will show as it goes on. Thanks anyway. Adding on something I forgot: I have a spectacular new feature that I'll be showing you as soon as I can.

Wow, you're taking another shot at Rom Hacking?
That's good for a start because of the amazing Hero OW you sprited.

Everything looks nicely made.

Good luck with this and I hope you won't quit this hack.

I never really stopped hacking, and thanks.

Edit:
Just a preview of what happens after you get your Pokémon.
2nvs8lu.png

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Mhm, thanks. In all honesty, I'm not actually copying anyone. Most ideas are by myself and Chibi Robo. Also, it's only the beginning of the game, it's uniqueness will show as it goes on. Thanks anyway. Adding on something I forgot: I have a spectacular new feature that I'll be showing you as soon as I can.

I wasn't saying you were copying anyone. I just thought that this hack seemed a bit similar to some other ones, not in the sense that you stole ideas or anything but more in the sense that it seems like the same type of hack. Nothing unoriginal just...not what I was expecting from somebody like yourself. Which can be a good thing ;)
All I am saying is that this has potential but it needs work (though that's certainly applicable to almost every hack out there^^). Obviously you're just beginning (that or you're just not showing us much). It'll be interesting to watch this hack as it develops.

Last edited:

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
I wasn't saying you were copying anyone. I just thought that this seemed a hell of a lot like some other hacks, not in the sense that you stole ideas or anything but more that it seems like the same type of hack. Nothing unoriginal just...not what I was expecting from somebody like yourself. Which can be a good thing ;)
All I am saying is that this has potential but it needs work (though that's certainly applicable to almost every hack out there^^). Obviously you're just beginning (that or you're just not showing us much). It'll be interesting to watch this hack as it develops.

I disagree- I have seen many people attempting to make a hack rivaling one made by Nintendo, but I have not yet seen a hack that can fully develop and finish the Pokemon storyline like Nintendo. So yeah, the idea's been thought of before, but it has never actually been done. Even hacks like rijon adventures were flawed- I have yet to see a thrid generation hack with the evil team/gym leader storyline that is fully completed and not a remake

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
I disagree- I have seen many people attempting to make a hack rivaling one made by Nintendo, but I have not yet seen a hack that can fully develop and finish the Pokemon storyline like Nintendo. So yeah, the idea's been thought of before, but it has never actually been done. Even hacks like rijon adventures were flawed- I have yet to see a thrid generation hack with the evil team/gym leader storyline that is fully completed and not a remake

Azure Horizons?.?

Anyways this is a very nicely worked out hack, it looks 'clean' and polished. Best of luck

Logan

Years
I wasn't saying you were copying anyone. I just thought that this hack seemed a bit similar to some other ones, not in the sense that you stole ideas or anything but more in the sense that it seems like the same type of hack. Nothing unoriginal just...not what I was expecting from somebody like yourself. Which can be a good thing ;)

Well, in the midst of just beginning and developing. A lot of the further parts in the game have been implemented. In maps and tiles etc. Just getting to scripting and all, which is why Atlantic Town is now completely finished. :)

Uhhhh... k?

Azure Horizons?.?

Anyways this is a very nicely worked out hack, it looks 'clean' and polished. Best of luck

Thanks.

AH has only the first two gym accessible from I believe....I meant completed hacks

Rather irrelevant to this thread. :(

Just a sneak peak of Nile City. :3 I'm in the midst of scripting Heathen Pass now.

eiqe00.png

Back