• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Creepy places in Unova? (other than Strange house obviously)

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
Years
One place that I will never forget in Unova is the Lostlorn Forest. I found it very unsettling lol. The combination of the music playing, the fact that it's known for people getting lost there for no reason and a creepy mobile home with a mysterious woman inside it (which we all probably know by now is Zoroark, made it feel ominous. Is there anywhere else in the Unova region that you guys have found unsettling? lol

Years
N's room, in his castle. While the Strange House in considered "creepy", I found this one to fit the word "terrifying."

Along with a kiddie theme that already made the place scary, Game Freak felt the need to incorporate it into what I think of as the most haunting piece of music in any generation. From what I hear about DPPt, the Old Chateau was quite the place to remember, but Gen V really ramps it up in terms of unsettling places. My revisit to the room in BW2 quickly reminded me of why I dreaded N's castle in the first place; it's just something completely unexpected to come out of a Pokemon game. Even today, hearing that theme still raises the hair on the back of my neck. The ghost girl in X and Y didn't come close to comparing with N's room.

Years
I'm sort-of with DraconianWing here, I found N's room pretty freaky when I first played the game, but I mainly blamed that on the music that played in there. I also found Lostlorn Forest unsettling with that scene in B2/W2 where a man was actually Zoroark.

Reactions: Sun

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I never really found any of the places in Unova to be creepy tbh

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I never really found any of the places in Unova to be creepy tbh

+1

I'm gonna add I'm not freaked out by Strange House, since I've seen something similar from an another region. {XD}

I've heard from a few people on YouTube said they were creeped out by Burgh's Gym on B2W2 though. Because of the music, as well as the cocoon-thing.

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
Years
N's room, in his castle. While the Strange House in considered "creepy", I found this one to fit the word "terrifying."

Along with a kiddie theme that already made the place scary, Game Freak felt the need to incorporate it into what I think of as the most haunting piece of music in any generation. From what I hear about DPPt, the Old Chateau was quite the place to remember, but Gen V really ramps it up in terms of unsettling places. My revisit to the room in BW2 quickly reminded me of why I dreaded N's castle in the first place; it's just something completely unexpected to come out of a Pokemon game. Even today, hearing that theme still raises the hair on the back of my neck. The ghost girl in X and Y didn't come close to comparing with N's room.

New theory: N is a pedophile lol

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Unova wasn't scary for me, at all.

I don't recall any of the music remotely unnerving.

Years
Was I the only one who didn't think N's room was all that creepy? I just thought the music in it was a bit weird and I was like, "uh, okay".

That said, I find the Giant Chasm to be quite terrifying. When you go there in BW and get to that small pond, Kyurem comes out of nowhere and freezes everything, and that was not expected. Not something to take lightly.

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
Years
Was I the only one who didn't think N's room was all that creepy? I just thought the music in it was a bit weird and I was like, "uh, okay".

That said, I find the Giant Chasm to be quite terrifying. When you go there in BW and get to that small pond, Kyurem comes out of nowhere and freezes everything, and that was not expected. Not something to take lightly.

Yeah, especially if you talk to the townspeople in Lacunosa city first. They all would talk about how horrified they are of the Chasm because of alleged monsters that live there. Which later we find out to be true.

Years
^ Wow, you're kinda right about that. It does make you feel like the claim that it eats those that are out after dark to not be a total myth...

But that scene when it freezes everything is scary, yeah.

Meng Jiaxin

Dragonlord of the Seas
Years
I find N's castle more sad than creepy to be honest. Most of the 'scary' places just make me feel more emotional, not really more terrified. That said, I am the kind of person who goes to watch horror movies looking for laughs...

HazoHaxorus

Hacker/Gamer/Developer/Soon to be YouTuber
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
I find N's castle more sad than creepy to be honest. Most of the 'scary' places just make me feel more emotional, not really more terrified. That said, I am the kind of person who goes to watch horror movies looking for laughs...
I found N's room both sad and creepy. It makes me wonder what N's childhood was like (That is if he isn't Zoroark).

Years

I can understand this. There was always something about N's room that made me get the feels, because it reminds me how dark my own childhood was so I can easily relate to him in a way.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
N's castle was consider bit eerie and especially the room was bit extensive creepiness by looking the toy train moves endlessly also unshot basket ball and stuff gives me the chills.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
The forest where you find Zoroark and the shiny beast trio was always pretty creepy to me. Considering that backpacker transforming to a Zoroark caught me by surprise. I found Lacunosa Town pretty interesting. I actually stayed there until it became night just to see if anything would happen. The only thing that really did happen was the townspeople staying indoors.

Oh and about N's room. I always found it cute. Like a little kids room with toys and stuff. Never thought of it as creepy.

Years
I didn't find N's room itself creepy, but rather the music was. It was a bit unsettling to me.
In BW2 the strange house was a bit creepy, especially with the little girl popping up and saying things, it seems like they had issues with Darkrai?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Bump! :) What do you guys think?? N's Castle I've gotta say is the creepiest just... for the music lol I think if it didn't have music it would just be as creepy though. Just seeing a child's room void of joy for me takes the cake but Lostlorn Forest IS a good second I'd say.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
N's room is terrifying in the way it makes you think about the implications of that room. N, young, isolated childhood, purposefully kept childish and away from the world. It's the first instance that a maingame Pokémon made me sob; once I saw the room and heard the music I just felt sorry for him.

Strange House is a creepy as hell place but I haven't spend a lot of time there, only to get the TM. Other than that, I found Driftveil Drawbridge to be kinda creepy at the beginning because of the music. Now I find it nice but I still don't get why the music was that weird.

Back