• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
im trying to get my feebas to a milotic so im wondering how to get a higher lvl poffins.

In case you're playing Platinum version, you can buy Poffins from Veilstone Department Store, on the basement level.

If you're playing Diamond and Pearl, it can be slightly difficult. You need Dry Berries to help you, the rarer the Berry is, the better the result will be.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
In case you're playing Platinum version, you can buy Poffins from Veilstone Department Store, on the basement level.

If you're playing Diamond and Pearl, it can be slightly difficult. You need Dry Berries to help you, the rarer the Berry is, the better the result will be.

i have 1 poffin from lvl 14, it was a wiki berry. and 1 from lvl 20 which was a pamtre berry. i have 3 other pamtre berries and 14 cornn berries. idk what other berries raise the beauty much, and is this enough?

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
i have 1 poffin from lvl 14, it was a wiki berry. and 1 from lvl 20 which was a pamtre berry. i have 3 other pamtre berries and 14 cornn berries. idk what other berries raise the beauty much, and is this enough?

Apicot and Ganlon are perfect berries. But they are event items or Battle Revolutions item, events are no longer available obviously as the flow's in Gen VI now. If you have the aforementioned Wii game, then you are lucky. Otherwise, your only choice is Pamtre Berry, before using them to bake Poffins. Remember to plant them first. Try to get zero spills and zero burns when making Poffins, as those factors affect the level of your Poffins.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Apicot and Ganlon are perfect berries. But they are event items or Battle Revolutions item, events are no longer available obviously as the flow's in Gen VI now. If you have the aforementioned Wii game, then you are lucky. Otherwise, your only choice is Pamtre Berry, before using them to bake Poffins. Remember to plant them first. Try to get zero spills and zero burns when making Poffins, as those factors affect the level of your Poffins.

how to get the zero spills/zero burns? and how much pamtre berries do i have to use?

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
how to get the zero spills/zero burns? and how much pamtre berries do i have to use?

Don't stir it too fast from the very beginning, yet not too slow or the Poffin will burn.
Strictly follow the instructed direction.
Watch the flame's color, once it changed stir as fast as you can! Easy right? :)

It depends on your level to be honest. Watch the indicator from your Feebas stat, if her beauty stat is nearly maxed out then there you go!

Years
Can I ask your opinion about my team here? Yesterday I accidentally wrote this to wrong thread, oops. o_O
So I have an Eeveelution team in Pokemon Diamond and I would like to hear what you guys think about that. I'm very bad at choosing items so I need help with them,
I usually just use items which boosts the power of Pokemons own type moves (for example Magnet to Jolteon). This text is horrible, I just woke up and I can't think or write clearly but I hope you understand what I mean.
So tell me what you think and any suggestions are welcome!

Jolteon:
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Thunderbolt
- Attract

Vaporeon:
- Toxic
- Aqua Ring
- Surf
- Brine

Flareon:
- Fire Fang
- Last Resort
- Flamethrower
- Iron Tail

Glaceon:
- Hail
- Double Team
- Ice Beam
- Blizzard

Umbreon:
- Confuse Ray
- Dark Pulse
- Rest
- ? Haven't decided this one yet

Espeon:
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Future Sight
- Light screen/Psybeam?

Years
Wi-fi is only available in 6th Gen so you need a 3DS, but as for Contrary Snivy, that was obtainable via an event Serperior that was given out a few months back alongside the other final stage Unova starters with their respective hidden abilities.

If you have a 3DS with the appropriate wi-fi, you could ask someone in Trade Corner to trade you any Pokemon that you need, including hidden abilities.

Years
Can I ask your opinion about my team here? Yesterday I accidentally wrote this to wrong thread, oops. o_O
So I have an Eeveelution team in Pokemon Diamond and I would like to hear what you guys think about that. I'm very bad at choosing items so I need help with them,
I usually just use items which boosts the power of Pokemons own type moves (for example Magnet to Jolteon). This text is horrible, I just woke up and I can't think or write clearly but I hope you understand what I mean.
So tell me what you think and any suggestions are welcome!

Jolteon:
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Thunderbolt
- Attract

Vaporeon:
- Toxic
- Aqua Ring
- Surf
- Brine

Flareon:
- Fire Fang
- Last Resort
- Flamethrower
- Iron Tail

Glaceon:
- Hail
- Double Team
- Ice Beam
- Blizzard

Umbreon:
- Confuse Ray
- Dark Pulse
- Rest
- ? Haven't decided this one yet

Espeon:
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Future Sight
- Light screen/Psybeam?

Sorry to break this to you, but unless you're using this as a competitive team, you wont get much response. You can beat the main game with a Rattata, so just go with whatever you feel content with. Cool team and good luck!

Years
Sorry to break this to you, but unless you're using this as a competitive team, you wont get much response. You can beat the main game with a Rattata, so just go with whatever you feel content with. Cool team and good luck!

It's okay! I'm not sure about that team and that's why I asked. Thanks for your opinion! :)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
So I would like to know how long will it take for the honey to attract mons in DPPt. Is it 6 hours? Thanks.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
So I would like to know how long will it take for the honey to attract mons in DPPt. Is it 6 hours? Thanks.

At least for 6-real-game-hours. Additionally, if the tree is left unattended for 24 hours there will be no Pokémon for you and you can't get back the Honey you used as well.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
^ 6 real game hours? As in I should wait 6 hours while the game is on to get it?

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
^ 6 real game hours? As in I should wait 6 hours while the game is on to get it?

It's not neccesary to have the game on for six hours. You can, if you wanna waste the battery or electric.

Just remember to set an alarm.~

Last edited:

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Only non-Japanese version of Pokémon Ranger works (only once), further more Ranger sequels like Shadows of Almia and Guardian Signs do not give away Manaphy Eggs nowadays, as those games' required WI-Fi connection in order to receive the related mission.
Thank you so much for replying! Glad to know I can still get my Manaphy :) Think I'll enjoy the Ranger games anyway, been wanting to play them for forever now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 30, 2019
Hi all been playing Platinum recently, just got to the other world bit, and faced cyrus, but lost, underestimated him and didnt potion up, and paid for it by being critical hit lol. Anyways forgot to save before the battle, is there anyway to fast travel back to him, or do i have to go all the way through the mountain and then the distortion world again? Cheers.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Hi all been playing Platinum recently, just got to the other world bit, and faced cyrus, but lost, underestimated him and didnt potion up, and paid for it by being critical hit lol. Anyways forgot to save before the battle, is there anyway to fast travel back to him, or do i have to go all the way through the mountain and then the distortion world again? Cheers.

From what I know, you need to walk all the way up there again.

On a slight positive note, you can buy recovery items and Pokéballs, as well as level up your Pokémon while you're out there.

Once you returned to Distortion World, remember to save before battling Cyrus!

Best of luck with the match and the later event! Have fun as well!

Years
I'm raising a budew and it just won't evolve. I restarted and am in Eterna city.
What level did you guys' budews evolve so I can have an average? I don't think I can get a soothe bell or massage yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back