• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Text based games

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 26, 2016
Any love for text based games among the Pokemon community? I've been an addict of the game Avalon: The Legend Lives for 8 1/2 years now and have recently gotten back into it after a bit of a break and the game's better than it's ever been. It's very cool to see where a lot of the blockbuster MMORPGs got their inspiration (apparently Avalon invented things like cooldowns and guilds and PVP skills).

From the website:

Avalon is the longest running online RPG in the world. It is a fantasy roleplaying game unlike any other having existed for over a quarter of a century and online for over 226,000 hours (a world record). It is a world where emotions run high and extreme passions collide. Featuring epic grand-scale PVP combat with over 3000 unique abilities, a realistic 3-D warfare battlefield conquest system (in which players can and have destroyed entire sections of the world), fully realised eco-systems, weather effect, virtual economies with trade and governmental political structures, it is one of the most immersive roleplaying games of any kind, anywhere.

I was talking to a couple friends in Avalon this morning about our Pokemon nostalgia (ironically prompted us to watch some of the anime online together, lol), so thought I'd post to see what people think. I'm a classic OCD gamer personality so it's probably no surprise I've got 13000 hours in Avalon.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to text based games, I like the ones made by Choice of Games. I like them since they remind me of the Choose Your Own Adventure books. The games can be played on Choice of Games' website or downloaded on Steam. Some of the games that I have played that are made by Choice of Games are:
Choice of the Dragon
Choice of Robots
Heroes Rise: The Prodigy
Heroes Rise: The Hero Project
Heroes Rise: Herofall
VERSUS: The Lost Ones

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
Personally, I don't like text based games. I prefer solving puzzle or reading a book. It looks waste of time to me. Of course, I respect people's hobbies and enjoys.

This isn't only a text based game but also graphic adventure. Named "Myst". It's pretty familiar.
Myst.

Years
I remember playing some random MUD (I honestly don't remember the name of it) years upon years ago, back around the time I first got decent internet. Played it for a bit before I just stopped playing it (I don't remember why either, maybe I just got busy with other things). And by now it's been the longest while since I've actually tried any kind of text-based game.

They're okay, but never really been my thing.

Back