• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starting back up, gonna buy a box which is best to get?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
Now i used to play and collect during the first few sets so most cards i have are from that era. So i basically want to know which set i should buy a box from since i have little to no new cards? Which one or two would be best to get me a good start?

thanks in advance for any help

Years
Now i used to play and collect during the first few sets so most cards i have are from that era. So i basically want to know which set i should buy a box from since i have little to no new cards? Which one or two would be best to get me a good start?

thanks in advance for any help

What are you looking to do? Play? Collect? What are your favorite Pokemon?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
at the very least im looking to join a local league, so id prefer ot to be sets that are tournament approved, i already checked the sets allowed , just have absoletly no cards.from any of those sets so its going to be tough. but im will to buy a box or two to get me started up

Years
at the very least im looking to join a local league, so id prefer ot to be sets that are tournament approved, i already checked the sets allowed , just have absoletly no cards.from any of those sets so its going to be tough. but im will to buy a box or two to get me started up

Uh... let's see... not active in any leagues currently, myself, but from what I've been seeing artound online, Ancient Origins is a good place to start simply because there's plenty of pretty good cards that most people dont' have yet since it's still relatively new.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
ill have to check it out, im just woried necessary trainer cards wont be available in the newest set.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
yeah for sure. could get very costly, but ill juat buy one box at first seee what i can get what i need and what i could possibly trade with for some stuff i need.
i forgot a year or two ago i did buy a small lot of cards off ebay so i do have quite a bit of trainer cards and newer ookemon, just have to go through and check if they are from legal sets

Years
yeah for sure. could get very costly, but ill juat buy one box at first seee what i can get what i need and what i could possibly trade with for some stuff i need.
i forgot a year or two ago i did buy a small lot of cards off ebay so i do have quite a bit of trainer cards and newer ookemon, just have to go through and check if they are from legal sets

Fair warning: it can get to be a verty expensive hobby very quickly. Especially when trying to play and collect simultaneously .

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
how do i use his energy absorption? its not an energy or say pokemon ability? Theres a few that have it so was just wondering

picture host

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
Thank you. another question i have , not sure if you know. can you use cards that are older but still are in the newer sets like rare candy and computer search. can you legally use the old versions if text are the same or does it have to be out of the new sets

Years
Thank you. another question i have , not sure if you know. can you use cards that are older but still are in the newer sets like rare candy and computer search. can you legally use the old versions if text are the same or does it have to be out of the new sets

Completely depends on the card. I think older versions of Rare Candy can still be used, but the text has changed some between the older versions and the current versions. I know for a fact that the older versions of Computer Search can't be used because Computer Search received a card-type change from a regular "Trainer" to an "Ace Spec". Some older cards also work completely differently from current cards bearing the same name, like Great Ball, for instance.

Years
I am completely new to this forum but I thought I should chime in. I am also wanting to build a competitive deck and I find the best cards to pull from would be Roaring Skies because there are several solid builds you can base off of the mega cards. I am going for a M Rayquaza ex build, I just cant afford to get what I need for it at the moment.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
i have read all the new rules but havent seen much of the new cards. om looking at them though through bulbapedia. also watched quite a few chanpionships just to see tge types of trainers are most powerful. so i compiled a decent list of stuff i want and need

Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 6, 2016
I would wait until the Breakthrough set that comes out in November. The Break Evolution cards look like they may be very powerful. It also looks to me like they are trying to revive the LV. X concept with Break Evolution. One thing I am worried about is if Break Evolution is overpowered. Break Raichu does 170 damage in one hit even though it has to discard all of its energy. Then again, now a lot of EX Pokemon have over 200 HP.

Back