• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hello, everyone, I kinda return sometime and play some pokemon :D I'm working on doing every solo on RBY for now and hope to finish it by the end of the month here my latest ones

Omastar LV68
Surf
Ice Beam
Body Slam
Spike Cannon

Poliwag LV68
Surf
Body Slam
Psychic
Ice Beam

Hitmonchan LV66
Body Slam
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch

Name: kirax7
Partner: Starmie followed by some other soon xD
Challenge: Single
Game: Blue

I'm now working on a Starmie solo I'm grinding to learn Water Gun for Brock, anyway water types are insanely easy to do xD

Last edited:

Hann

What's all the Buzz about...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Zapdos - Red
I stupidly sold TM 24 (Thunderbolt) I got for defeating Surge. So Zapdos will be rocking out with Thundershock for the rest of the run. I also changed some settings halfway through, so now the rest of the screens will be in color.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
145.png

Thunder the Zapdos @ Lv.42
Thundershock
Drill Peck

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
Hopefully everything goes well for my first challenge run:

Username: misterkuma
Partner pokemon: Manectric
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: Fire Red, Soul Silver, Emerald, Platinum, White, X

Years
Starmie
Dugtrio
and Aerodactyl
done :)

Starmie LV61
Surf
Psychic
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Dugtrio LV65
Slash
Body Slam
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Aerodactyl LV67
Wing Attack
Hyper Beam
Supersonic
Fireblast

now I'm doing Spearow: currently inside Rock Tunnel

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan
Years
Update #1

Getting Cerberus was not bad. Glad her nature is Mild, sad that her defense is not great and a have a negative defense nature. I have a screenshot just showing how bad it is. Falkner was manageable. Busgy's Scyther had me scared. Whitney's Miltank was a PAIN! I stopped right after getting badge 3.

Spoiler:

229.gif

Cerberus/Female/Level 24
-Embargo
-Bite
-Ember
-Smog​

Years
Completed Sharpedo on Ruby- This one wasn't so bad. I had some problems with third and second gym but it was a smooth run after that.

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final stats:

319.gif

Jaws|Male|Sassy Nature|Rough Skin|Lvl 63|@BlackGlasses
Strength
Crunch
Ice Beam
Surf

Years
Did
Spearow
Arcanine
and Butterfree :)

Spearow LV73
Drill Peck
Growl
Mirror Move
Fury Attack

Arcanine LV65
Ember
Dig
Body Slam
Fire Blast

Butterfree LV65
Psybeam
MegaDrain
Psychic then Toxic against Gary because i forgot to pick up the Elixir I usually pick ahahah
Sleep Powder

I'm thinking of doing them by Pokedex Number instead of randomizing them anyway next one could be either Mewtwo, Snorlax or Jynx or the Bulbasaur line :)

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #2: Zapdos - Red
This was very easy near the end. Zapdos one-shots everything except Ground and Rock types.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
145.png

Thunder the Zapdos @ Lv.79
Thundershock
Drill Peck
Fly
Double-Edge

Next sign-up:
Username: Hann
Pokémon: Weezing
Game: Blue

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I would like to sign up.
Username: Blastin'TyruntZ
Partner Pokemon: Meganium
Game(s): Pokemon White

First update:
Put Meganium instead of Snivy, to keep it as unchanged as possible.
Fought Cheren and Bianca, then N.
Fought Bianca again
Fought Cheren...AGAIN.
Beat Chili! (1\8)
Did the dream mist thing with Fennel
SAVED.

Last edited:

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Weezing - Blue
I'm just going with one post for this one. I recorded this too, but I completed it before I decided to do it, so Weezing has a few more levels in the video.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Video:
Spoiler:

Team:
110.png

Tion the Weezing @ Lv.86
Hyper Beam
Fire Blast
Sludge
Thunderbolt

Next sign-up:
Username: Hann
Pokémon: Suicune
Game: Fire Red

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
UPDATE YAY MEGANIUM YAY
I did the kindergarten trainers thing
Beat up Cheren again
Beat N again
Lenora defeated! (2/8)
Did the Pinwheel forest Plasma encounters
Burgh defeated...hardest battle I had...(3/8)
Defeated Bianca again.

Last edited:
Years
Hi everyone I'm thinking of doing an ultimate ROM hack run but i need help i wanna do the best of the best Rom hacks i already have on my list of 7 pokemon Light platinum and pokemon glazed i would appreciate any help ROM hacks his run and if an admin can sanction it as official

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
Years
Hi everyone I'm thinking of doing an ultimate ROM hack run but i need help i wanna do the best of the best Rom hacks i already have on my list of 7 pokemon Light platinum and pokemon glazed i would appreciate any help ROM hacks his run and if an admin can sanction it as official

Unfortunately full hacks such as the two examples you provided are not eligible for an ultimate challenge as they don't feature the appropriate region required for the challenge. Only hacks that feature the same region and story, though the story may have minor changes, are eligible such as Full Pokedex hacks, Difficulty hacks, Remakes/Demakes, and so on.

It's in the OP but I quote it here in case you missed it.
5. Playing a Pokemon hack is allowed, however complete hacks will only count as single challenges, whereas remakes/demakes/complete pokedex/difficulty hacks, like Liquid Crystal or Blaze Black, can count towards an ultimate challenge.

Also to anyone wondering why I haven't updated the OP yet, I'm waiting until we get to 3000 posts before I do so. I plan to upload every 50 posts, so next update should be at about 3,000 posts.

Last edited:

Hann

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Update #1: Suicune - Fire Red
I don't know why I kept Gust on Suicune. It's quite a weak move, but I guess the extra PP came in handy sometimes. Again I completed this run before I decided to record the final battle, so that's why Suicune is higher leveled (I also ran into some trouble with trying to re-battle the Elite Four because I enabled the National Dex).

Screens:
Spoiler:

Video:
Spoiler:

Team:

suicune.png

Duma the Timid Suicune (/) @ Lv.82
Ability: Pressure
Bite
Surf
Ice Beam
Gust

Years
A quick question, I have Perfect Soul Silver and Blaze Black 2 and a fire red/emerald mod, the issue is that these mods have modfied movesets/learnsets for the pokemon (i.e some pokemon can learn sheer cold that normally cant, a overheat and zap cannon dragonite etc.) If I want to participate on this challenge and want to try ultimate, is it allowed?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
Username: ZapperPoke
Pokemon: Mewtwo; why not start of my first challenge with a legendary?
Game: FireRed

UPDATE 1:
holy crap. 27 SpA at level 6. I one shot EVERYTHING
I decide grinding would make me WAY too overpowered, so I just battle trainers and pokemon that I run into.
Mewtwo's 11 when I challenge Brock, but I 1 shot his geodude and 2 shot his onix so....
I ran out of confusions in mount moon, so I ran through it again.
Challenge misty at level 25, since I did all the route 24 stuff first. Just saying Misty should not have a potion and recover on her Starmie.
SS Anne's a breeze.
Surges puzzle.... Anyways, I challenge him right about to level up to 31.
Gonna leave off here in Rock Tunnel with Mewtwo at level 36.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back