• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
their just building up hype at this point, hype sells stuff.

Yep same old trick from Game Freak, it's safe to assume they are doing the same thing again. *sighed*

I think a prequel story would be awesome. Something I've always thought that they should do is show a major character's background in a way. Something like having an original protagonist, but having Lysandre as the rival or maybe Diantha.

Similarly I've heard of people saying Dexio and Sina as the protagonists/rivals in the upcoming game(s). I like that idea actually. :P

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Yep same old trick from Game Freak, it's safe to assume they are doing the same thing again. *sighed*

Similarly I've heard of people saying Dexio and Sina as the protagonists/rivals in the upcoming game(s). I like that idea actually. :P
and thus was formed, the super hero team of the pokemon world:
tumblr_n9fxz0rYGX1tio9gfo1_400.jpg

Mega_Blaziken_y_su_entrenador.jpg

3152-3-22.jpg

Latoya.png

240px-Riley_Adventures.png

61e05680217c5c881535432d3363ff55.jpg

mewtwocloak

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
I really hope they don't do prequels. I hate prequels. I hate going BACK in the story, I'd rather the story move forward!

One thing I hope they include is a lot more clothes for the guys! I seen that the girls got a ton more clothes than the guys so it'd be really cool if they made it more equal so we have more options :)

Also, I dunno what it was abouy X/Y but for me it was missing something. It didn't make me want to replay it over and over like I have with every other main Pokémon game (including ORAS)

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I really hope they don't do prequels. I hate prequels. I hate going BACK in the story, I'd rather the story move forward!

One thing I hope they include is a lot more clothes for the guys! I seen that the girls got a ton more clothes than the guys so it'd be really cool if they made it more equal so we have more options :)

Also, I dunno what it was abouy X/Y but for me it was missing something. It didn't make me want to replay it over and over like I have with every other main Pokémon game (including ORAS)

Pokémon X and Y's plot, that is what's missing from the game itself. To be more precise, the plot is incomplete. Thus the reason why the majority wants prequel. Though sequels aren't bad either, as they can fix the glaring plothole from XY itself and between XY and ORAS. :)

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
I'm kind of iffy about prequels, for the same reason already mentioned in that we would be going backwards in the story. I would personally prefer sequels with expansions or a 3rd version with revamped storyline over prequels, but that's just me. It's not so much the AZ/Team Flare arc that's confusing, I think it's moreso about the Mega-Evolution plot. There's so many loose ends in both X/Y and ORAS in relation to Mega-Evolution that it ain't even funny. And then of course you got the Delta Episode adding the enigmatic Zinnia(whom, for a Hoenn-native, seems like she knows an awful lot about Kalos lore) and the possibility of alternate realities existing. There's also the whole Infinite Energy stuff talked about in ORAS, and NOW we have Blob-mon and Zygarde to throw into the mix. Lord knows I've forgotten they still have Volcanion to distribute before Gen 6 is done and over with.

What I would really like for them to do is this: make the new game(s) fix those Mega-Evolution/Infinite Energy connections between Hoenn and Kalos. I hope that this extra time that's passing between the release of ORAS and the inevitable new game(s) is a sign that they're working all of those loose plot threads out, but knowing Game Freak, I could be wrong.

shadowmoon522

Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I'm kind of iffy about prequels, for the same reason already mentioned in that we would be going backwards in the story. I would personally prefer sequels with expansions or a 3rd version with revamped storyline over prequels, but that's just me. It's not so much the AZ/Team Flare arc that's confusing, I think it's moreso about the Mega-Evolution plot. There's so many loose ends in both X/Y and ORAS in relation to Mega-Evolution that it ain't even funny. And then of course you got the Delta Episode adding the enigmatic Zinnia(whom, for a Hoenn-native, seems like she knows an awful lot about Kalos lore) and the possibility of alternate realities existing. There's also the whole Infinite Energy stuff talked about in ORAS, and NOW we have Blob-mon and Zygarde to throw into the mix. Lord knows I've forgotten they still have Volcanion to distribute before Gen 6 is done and over with.

What I would really like for them to do is this: make the new game(s) fix those Mega-Evolution/Infinite Energy connections between Hoenn and Kalos. I hope that this extra time that's passing between the release of ORAS and the inevitable new game(s) is a sign that they're working all of those loose plot threads out, but knowing Game Freak, I could be wrong.
just wait, next thing you know theres gonna be a mega arceus...
hqdefault.jpg

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Masuda irc said that Z and X2Y2 would be too predictable. Unless if he was referring to names only chances are we'll getting something other than a traditional third versions and B2W2 style sequels. If we get sequels I'm hoping for GSC style sequels with a new region, new mons (basicaally a new Gen). Volcanion can be released in a special or with the next movie and unlock something in the next Gen games if they take this route.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Masuda irc said that Z and X2Y2 would be too predictable. Unless if he was referring to names only chances are we'll getting something other than a traditional third versions and B2W2 style sequels. If we get sequels I'm hoping for GSC style sequels with a new region, new mons (basicaally a new Gen). Volcanion can be released in a special or with the next movie and unlock something in the next Gen games if they take this route.

I loved the idea but it seems unlikely to me. Gen 6 isn't even 2 years old and the XY anime is nowhere to be finished anytime soon. Prequels seems very likely, although I do want them to fix all the plot holes they had in XY and ORAS regarding Mega Evolution, the infinite enery etc.

Years
What plot hole is there with the infinite energy? The only one I see is that the previous gens had transporation and spinning tiles too despite the fact that infinite energy is limked to Mega Evolution and the Ultimate weapon somehow...

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
What plot hole is there with the infinite energy? The only one I see is that the previous gens had transporation and spinning tiles too despite the fact that infinite energy is limked to Mega Evolution and the Ultimate weapon somehow...

Not necessarily a plot hole, but there now seems to be a bunch of unanswered questions introduced in ORAS in regards to Infinite Energy, such as the whole situation with Devon Corp and Sea Mauville. Of course, like a bunch of other mysteries in the main series as a whole, it could go unexplained/unexpanded on in future installments. Which sucks, because it sounds like a really interesting one.

Years
Not necessarily a plot hole, but there now seems to be a bunch of unanswered questions introduced in ORAS in regards to Infinite Energy, such as the whole situation with Devon Corp and Sea Mauville. Of course, like a bunch of other mysteries in the main series as a whole, it could go unexplained/unexpanded on in future installments. Which sucks, because it sounds like a really interesting one.
Who knows if they'll explain them. Unless Hoenn is involved in the next games somehow I doubt they bring those up other than someone utilizing IE to destory, create, or control something or someone.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Dunno if mentioned already, but now that we're well acquainted with the new PKMN introduced in Gen 6, the Kalos starters are going to have Mega Evolutions in the third version. Also, one of the Sinnoh starters will get a Megavolution as well, kinda a little *hint* for the Sinnoh remake, like how Blaziken was the only Hoenn starter receiving a Megavolution when X and Y came out. :3

Also, methinks that the third version won't be a sequel like B2W2, but an improved version of XY like Crystal, Emerald and Platinum. Why do I think this? Mainly because there's nothing more that GameFreak could add to the story for a sequel. With the third version, they could simply and easily fix how boring the XY story was by adding more scenes and events and blahblahblah.

A prequel would be nice, but I don't think that'll happen either because it wouldn't make sense why there are more PKMN capable of Megavolving in Prequel Kalos than in XY Kalos. :/ But that's just my opinion.

If X2Y2 or even Z are too predictable and GF wouldn't go to any of that route, then methinks that the third version's going to be a Gen 6.5 game located in a different region close to Kalos, with more new "Gen 6" PKMN. Timeline wise, I dunno. Maybe during the events in Kalos, or maybe after the events in Kalos. Being able to visit Kalos would be nice as a post-game thingie. Might be kinda boring if there won't be a mini-story for it though... :/

shadowmoon522

Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
the only reason there are not more capable of mega evolving in xy is because of the lack of patch

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Well, there wasn't any thorough explanation on Old Chateau and Strange House's backstory, like how did they exactly become haunted in the first place. So expect the same with Sea Mauville. :(

As for the infinite energy, it's somewhat linked to the ultimate weapon. So they might explain that on our upcoming games.

A prequel would be nice, but I don't think that'll happen either because it wouldn't make sense why there are more PKMN capable of Megavolving in Prequel Kalos than in XY Kalos. :/ But that's just my opinion.

Sadly that mistake is already presented in OrAs, OrAs' timeline takes place at least 10 years before XY's. It's not just a fan speculation, the Royal Unova's model at Oceanic Museum and the mention of Team Plasma creating ruckus is mentioned in Lumiose City. {XD}

A lot of things don't make sense anymore. {XD}

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back