• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Bad Pokemon do you wish was good?

Years
So we all have that one Pokemon that we like but is competitively unviable. So this is a thread dedicated to pokemon that we wish was good but are bad. You can also list what you think would improve the said pokemon. So I will start. That pokemon for me is Ledian. It does have okay Speed and above average Special Defense but everything else about it is awful. It has almost no redeeming factors to it beside design and Hidden Ability but even those doesn't help it. It has bad typing and god awful stats. If they were to make this pokemon an Attack stat boost or a Mega it could MAYBE be NU viable. It just saddens me that there is almost no way that this pokemon will become at least a meh pokemon like its counterpart Ariados.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Xatu is one of those who has potential, its has a good movepool and great Hidden Ability. Sadly it's stats hinders it a lot.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
why? its a pretty good mon in nu/uu thanks to magic bounce, roost, calm mind, u-turn among other things

I'm greedy and not satisfied. :P It needs more than that! Same can be said with Delphox, Samurott and... I got a lot more to list! {XD}

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2019
For me it's Lilligant. it's one of those pokemon I believe will become a lot better in the future, because all it needs is the introduction of a few new attacks to it's movepool to use alongside quiver dance and sleep powder. Until then, it's stuck using unreliable moves like dream eater and nature power.

Also I really like it's design. Sure it's a flower princess. But a badass flower princess that can hit hard.

Sirfetch’d

It has the movepool to be amazing but 70 stats around will not cut it in any tier ;[

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Chimecho and Phione.

It's one thing to be unviable in one of the main tiers, but it's another one to be considered mediocre and outclassed in PU. I'm not quite sure, how Chimecho could be improved; as for Phione, it being able to learn Tail Glow and Energy Ball, would be a good start, I feel.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 8, 2017
Milotic. It was good in old generations, but in 6 generation is completaly outclassed by other bulky waters. It needs fairy type or/and megaevolution.

Years
I love Jellicent so much, and it was a pretty good bulky Water until the priority spam and buff to Dark/Ghost-types came in. It needs some new moves to help it combat this new threat that is hindering its usefulness. I know it has Dazzling Gleam which hits Dark super-effectively but it needs more to help counter this plague.

Vivillon is so adorable and a wrecker with Quiver Dance + Compound Eyes-boosted accuracy Hurricanes, but it's just stuck with one of the worst types you could ever ask for, particularly with Fire and Rock moves running rampant. It needs a Mega with Bug/Fairy-type and have some new moves to use with it, then it should be able to stand out better.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
A few that were mentioned above, XATU mainly (it needs to be better at what it's good at, or more respectable in its already weak areas) and Electivire - but really really realllllly wish Jumpluff were better. It's got such a cool movepool, and flying / grass is an interesting noiceplz typing - I wish it were just a bit stronger in its strong areas. Like faster, or - a bit bulkier with still crappy attack. Or usable attack with that speed and bulk.

I've made 6 jumpluffs now I think; it doesn't seem to be viable except very niche situations hahah.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
Machamp has really good offensive capabilities but it's really let down by a horrid speed and below average defenses allowing pretty much any good Psychic/Flying/Fairy to OHKO it. Even with the defenses the way they are, an improvement in speed and a wider movepool would boost him up to OU easily. In all honesty, I want it to out-perform Conkeldurr. I don't want no Gen V Machamp-clone beating Machamp! xD

TickleTot

Shiny ruler
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2020
I wish luvdisc was usuable its very cute and has a nice movepool

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
A few that were mentioned above, XATU mainly (it needs to be better at what it's good at, or more respectable in its already weak areas) and Electivire - but really really realllllly wish Jumpluff were better. It's got such a cool movepool, and flying / grass is an interesting noiceplz typing - I wish it were just a bit stronger in its strong areas. Like faster, or - a bit bulkier with still crappy attack. Or usable attack with that speed and bulk.

I've made 6 jumpluffs now I think; it doesn't seem to be viable except very niche situations hahah.
Jumpluff was amazing last gen. That thing swept several teams in my grass monotype team, but it took a major hit this gen. I really wish it would get a little buff to its speed and attack, so it could dominate again. I kind of miss it, haha. That, and a flying gem. The gems are gone, right? I remember them not being available at the beginning of gen six, and considering I relied on flying gem + acrobatics to knock out some threats like Volcarona right away, so losing that immediate power really stinks.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Mothim and Dedenne. Mothim needs a boost to its speed to counter its low defenses and give it chance to sweep. It makes me sad that the poor moth is even forgotten about in the TCG =(
As for Dedenne it really needs access to Dazzling Gleam...

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Jumpluff was amazing last gen. That thing swept several teams in my grass monotype team, but it took a major hit this gen. I really wish it would get a little buff to its speed and attack, so it could dominate again. I kind of miss it, haha. That, and a flying gem. The gems are gone, right? I remember them not being available at the beginning of gen six, and considering I relied on flying gem + acrobatics to knock out some threats like Volcarona right away, so losing that immediate power really stinks.

I believe the only gem that can be acquired in sixth gen is normal gem :c

Jumpluff might be able to benefit from another ability besides leaf guard or chlorophyl, or infiltrator - but all three of those do have their, kinda niche-y uses. If it became grass-fairy like Whimsicott that'd help a lot too. It'd make sense; I think it might even be in fairy egg group. Maybe.

But um, Lunatone / Solrock. Wish they were good too. Most weaknesses without levitate aside; the concept is cool. If their stats were more usable, I'd love to throw them in just for some gimmicks.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
I wish Persian was better. Its fast, but an average attack and low defenses really hurt it. I think extreme speed and SD would be fitting as well. It seems more gimmicky now.

Back