• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The site said I should introduce myself

Benamon

Programmer and fan
Years
So, hello everyone! I guess the important info about myself is that I'm super into coding and drawing, as well as making music. I guess you could say I'm a maker of things in general. Right now I'm in the process of making my own Pokemon fan game that will be moddable much like Minecraft. (It's already got a perfect battle system going, I'm quite proud). Anyway, I love all things Pokemon and that's why I'm here! What about you all?

Benamon

Programmer and fan
Years
Heeey there and welcome to PC! really nice to have you with us! :)

Oh wow, that's awesome! your fan-game sounds really cool, and I hope that everything goes smooth with that, since it can be really hard most of the time, but I'm sure that you have really skilled people helping you too. We have a section...
Thanks, Archy. So far the fan game is going along well-ish, I actually don't have anyone working with me on it (yet) I'm pretty excited to be part of this site, and I'm a bit shocked I hadn't visited it until today. :>

Years
Wow someone with all 3 major skills when it comes to game dev stuff! Welcome aboard to the PC train, I am the local occasionally here sometimes girl lol. Now is this fan game made from a rom made in a game developing engine?

Benamon

Programmer and fan
Years
Wow someone with all 3 major skills when it comes to game dev stuff! Welcome aboard to the PC train, I am the local occasionally here sometimes girl lol. Now is this fan game made from a rom made in a game developing engine?
Thanks for the warm welcome! About the game, it's being made with (of all things) game maker 8 for mac. Why? because I like the game maker language I guess. I'm rooting through ROMs for a little inspiration, but it's pretty much all being written by hand using info from bulbapedia and serebii.

Years
Geesh I sure wish I had the energy and motivation to code things but I already have too many hobbies. :'( The tech forum would be great for you, it could use more coder love so hopefully you'll pop in from time to time. Big welcome, Benamon! ..excuse me while I stare at your pretty avatar, lol.

Good luck with your fangame and do hope you'll be around actively. I joined for Pokemon and stayed for that as well as the many friends I've made so I'm sure your experience will be pleasant.

Benamon

Programmer and fan
Years
Geesh I sure wish I had the energy and motivation to code things but I already have too many hobbies. :'( The tech forum would be great for you, it could use more coder love so hopefully you'll pop in from time to time. Big welcome, Benamon! ..excuse me while I stare at your pretty avatar, lol.

Good luck with your fangame and do hope you'll be around actively. I joined for Pokemon and stayed for that as well as the many friends I've made so I'm sure your experience will be pleasant.
Well, Sheep, I'm glad to be here as well. I'll check out that forum you mentioned, and that mawile in my profile came from here: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:303Mawile_PSMD.png

Kibbeh

The Star Warrior
Years
Hello, hello! It seems you're new to the site just like me. ouo
I would say if you have any question feel free to ask me, but uh... I can't really say that since I'm still getting my bearings as well. x3
Pokemon game, you say? That's awesome! I've always wanted to try coding and making games, but I've never gotten around to learning that sorta stuff. I get caught up in too much other stuff and then forget about it...

Anyway, welcome! I hope we'll see each other around the forums!

Benamon

Programmer and fan
Years
Hello, hello! It seems you're new to the site just like me. ouo
I would say if you have any question feel free to ask me, but uh... I can't really say that since I'm still getting my bearings as well. x3
Pokemon game, you say? That's awesome! I've always wanted to try coding and making games, but I've never gotten around to learning that sorta stuff. I get caught up in too much other stuff and then forget about it...

Anyway, welcome! I hope we'll see each other around the forums!
I love coding, it keeps the mind sharp, y'know? (if you wanna start with an easy program, try game maker, by the way)
But besides that, nice to meet ya!

Years
Thanks for the warm welcome! About the game, it's being made with (of all things) game maker 8 for mac. Why? because I like the game maker language I guess. I'm rooting through ROMs for a little inspiration, but it's pretty much all being written by hand using info from bulbapedia and serebii.

Funny story about GM. I have the free version along with free versions of other game making software. Game Maker Studio has been my favorite so far out of Clickteam Fusion and Construct 2. I haven't really done anything much at all but I do want to have an indie game developing hobby that I can do, because I love games and art and I can art pretty well, but coding is a nope and music is a bigger nope lol.

Years
Anything really. I like drawing Pokemon, and animals, but not furries. Not a furry by any means, but I can't draw humans and people shapes for the life of me lol.

Benamon

Programmer and fan
Years
Anything really. I like drawing Pokemon, and animals, but not furries. Not a furry by any means, but I can't draw humans and people shapes for the life of me lol.
Is any of your art online? I'm curious now

Benamon

Programmer and fan
Years
I think your best work was the mega beedrill tbh. And yeah, I've seen depression first hand and can confirm it really does suck.

Back