• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
I'm having a real blast playing this. I've done the DS remakes enough and I love how this looks on my TV (running it on a Raspberry Pi 2 with a SNES controller)

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Is there a way to re-obtain used TMs in this game other than the purchaseable ones? I hadn't realized that TMs were not reusable until now.

This isn't exactly a way to make them reusable, but there's a certain spot in Kanto that allows you to obtain any TM more than once. That can technically act as "reusable" TMs if you spend a bit of time there and have some good luck :)

Your posts are so easy to see through it's ridiculous. Etc. etc.

There's nothing to see through. What's happened is we both grew out of being teenagers and are managing an adult life now. That takes out a chunk of your life that you don't worry about when younger. There's nothing shameful about that, and it's nothing me or Zeikku will or can apologise for. When you have to support yourself and make money to survive you will understand. That's probably 50% of the cause for slow development.

The other issue is a lack of motivation on my part, and that's not the easiest thing to overcome. In the past, especially beta 1.1 and 2.1 there was a lot of bugs, more than their is today due to rushed development. I think I can speak for people here who want to see it finished; they don't want it to be slapped together and rushed with poor/forced quality (perhaps some want it regardless hehe).

(And if you were a member of RHM or active there, you would know I spend rather a lot of time in the IRC).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 13, 2016
Hello guys.

I just beat Blue and surpassed the Elite Four for second time, with their improved teams, and still can't use Dive on any dive spot in the game. Does someone know how to Dive, then?

Thank you very much.

Years
Are the level-up moves based off FireRed or Crystal?

FireRed, I believe. I have a level 35 Haunter in Liquid Crystal that knows Dream Eater, but based on the info at Bulbapedia, a Gen II Haunter doesn't learn that move intil level 39.

By the way, where do you go after defeating Clair? I went to the Dragon's Den, got past the whirlpool and beat the Saturn Grunt behind the smashable rocks. I have no clue where to go next. Or are there more Grunts in the Den that I should defeat?

Last edited:

Pokelovar

*Rushes to catch legendaries*
Years
FireRed, I believe. I have a level 35 Haunter in Liquid Crystal that knows Dream Eater, but based on the info at Bulbapedia, a Gen II Haunter doesn't learn that move intil level 39.

By the way, where do you go after defeating Clair? I went to the Dragon's Den, got past the whirlpool and beat the Saturn Grunt behind the smashable rocks. I have no clue where to go next. Or are there more Grunts in the Den that I should defeat?
Use Strength to move the boulders nearby. You'll find a secret entrance. Go inside it.

Years
Question: Is the fat guy near the Dark Cave bugged? I got that Spearow and I am trying to give it to him, but he doesn't accept it.

I love this hack, even if it's not completed yet. I will wait for the next patch for years, if necessary. I am happy that you guys didn't abandon it. Thank you very much for making this, it guaranteed me hours of fun. I am in my 3rd gameplay since I found it, 3 years ago :)

And sorry for my english, not my main language. I hope you guys can understand me.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 10, 2019
Well... I don't know what this is but the game seems to be crashing a lot. I'm not sure why but it happened when I cut trees down, defeat Morty, the Ecruteak Gym Leader, which makes the game impossible to complete...
I want to complete the game... but I can't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
So, after days without playing i've just went from Bugsy to the Clear Bell event in one night and i've found this little thing which amazed me:
Spoiler:

That's a really nice detail over there <3

Btw, does someone knows how to get the Macho Brace?
Since this is my 4th run or so, i've gave me a Lucky Egg to make things a bit more easier until the Orange Islands, but i want to make my EV Training as legal as possible :c

EDIT:
Oh, and i want to get the VS Seeker too.
The Pokegear has its icon, but yeah.. it doesn't have it's function.

EDIT2:
Also, appearently, Trades doesn't work atm.
I'm using the Build 3.3.00511 and i wasn't able to connect with Pokemon Cloud White / Fire Red 493, could be because it has an Expanded Pokedex tho, so i'm going to try it again with Vanilla Fire Red and see what happens.
I'm testing if it works for Haunter since i don't want to wait for a Moon Stone..
(The most easiest to get since Mom doesn't give items to the Player, is the Moon Stone at the Tohjo Falls)

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
You can get a Moon Stone at the start of the game inside of Dark Cave.

My Gengar is grateful with you, thank you so much <3

ON:
Btw, Laz, i just used it to catch Raikou and i've found that with the GBP Card On, Raikou has a normal wild pokemon music theme instead a Pokemon Legendary music.

EDIT:
Err.. can i somehow recover the Yellow and Red Flutes once used in the Outskirt Island Altars?
I've just remembered that those are for Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.. after i've used 2 of them.. agh..
Also, just to make them useful i've googled a bit about the locations, went to Mt. Mortar's Moltres Location and it wasn't there D: ..

EDIT2:
I think i've found a bug, Build 3.3.00511, the Policeman doesn't allow me to go through the Ice Path, even when i've already caught Suicune, i'll try to catch Lugia, but as far as i remember i need the Silver Wing to do so and i don't have it :/
Spoiler:

Nvm, i've just switched Suicune from the PC Box to my Team and now the Guard is gone.. weird.

EDIT3:
This Omanyte is the best Dratini ever.

EDIT4:
Found this, just for curiosity xD

EDIT5:
Someone knows where the Amulet Coin is?
I thought it would be in Goldenrod's Mart B1F, so i've used the walk through walls cheat because i didn't want to wait for the Machoke to move those boxes, got the item and it was just a paralyz heal :c ...

EDIT6:
This Omanyte is the best Poliwrath ever, and it's probably the EDIT3's Omanyte Brother.

EDIT7:
Oh, yeah, just 1 thing more, Shouldn't the NPC at Fuchsia's PCenter disguise as Janine instead of Erika?

EDIT8:
I've found another weird thing..
I've did the trade in the Goldenrod's Market 5F (A kid gave a Machop and I gave an Abra) waiting to get the Macho Brace (Because after thinking, it would made sense, MACHOp - MACHO Brace?) and i was dissapointed after seeing that it didn't had one, but also, bigger was my dissapointment after notice that it had a Mail, and a really weird one..
Spoiler:

EDIT9:
Oh, yeah, now that i've replayed this part of the Cinnabar Volcano, i have 2 questions:
1) What the heck was that McDonalds food non sense between Silver, Russell and Axel?
2) Also, why is Russell the father of Silver instead of Giovanni? :/ ...

EDIT10:
Found it! The Macho Brace!
It was in the Seafoam Islands, after the scene where Silver and Zane are trying to control Articuno, but isn't it way too late to get it?
It would be way more useful in Johto, in the first part of the game :c ..
Anyway, i'll edit if i get the Amulet Coin.

EDIT11:
Caught Zapdos and Moltres, still waiting to see if someone knows if the Blue Flute can be re-obtained after using it to go for Articuno.
Btw, some tips with Entei?
It seems to be really really hard to find it ;_; ..

EDIT12:
Does the DNA Sample have some use?

EDIT13:
I think Pickup is somehow bugged :/
After beating Silver (For the last time, i think, where his trying to control Groudon) in Dragon's Den, my Linoone didn't stopped grabing Cheri Berry, i have 32 of them :/ .. is there someway to fix it?

Last edited:

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
Years
This looks amazing. Going to try it out.

Ok there is a problem. I have tried this on two VBA emulators. The problem is with the real time clock. Even with the clock enabled, the game still has a problem.

Is there something I am doing wrong somehow? :/

88MaXNQ.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2021
FGwEMTy.png

I wanted to say something about this: this is the box that one would find in the player's bedroom, the one in the bottom-right corner of the Player's room in Liquid Crystal. It used to reset all trainer battles, and restart some flags as a side-effect, but no matter how I interact with this box, it doesn't do anything nor does it ask if I want to reset the battles. What's happened here?

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
Am I the only one uncomfortable with the graphics? I don't know why but this game's graphics and map hurts my eyes. Apart from that, this hack is a little difficult to do Nuzlocke.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
FGwEMTy.png

I wanted to say something about this: this is the box that one would find in the player's bedroom, the one in the bottom-right corner of the Player's room in Liquid Crystal. It used to reset all trainer battles, and restart some flags as a side-effect, but no matter how I interact with this box, it doesn't do anything nor does it ask if I want to reset the battles. What's happened here?

This, i think
VVVVVVVV
Pokemon Liquid Crystal's Build History said:
29/04/2015 16:05:26: Build changed from 3.3.00509 to 3.3.00510. Removed a dangerous script from the players room.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jul 4, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I'd like to share an issue I've found this morning on my game.

I play on Android, so this maybe has something to do with my problem. The fact is, I'm in Mandarin City, and I'm supposed to find the Old Key in the Mandarin PD, but when I fight with the Nexus grunts inside that place, I can't use the stairs because there's one officer blocking the way down, and I don't know what to do to get the Old Key.

I think I've patched correctly the game, because when I try to go to Route 59, there are some trainers and grunts, I mean, that Route is not empty and incomplete like if I had some old version of the beta.

Can somebody help me? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back