• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Books were the shit for me back in the day, before the internet decimated my focus.

His Dark Materials, The Alchemist, HP, Temeraire, S-Silmarillion...

You guys had any favourite books (or graphic novels I suppose) growing up? Any particularly fond memories?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I had fond memories of trying to get into Artemis Fowl.

But as for actual works...Hm. well, there was the magical moment where I found out that manga was a thing. I'd gone to my local library as I usually had and one day, in a random section, I found a small book labeled Dragon Ball. Cue a young me yelling in my head "THESE ARE BOOKS?" To think that this show I watched on Toonami had comic book versions. Dunno where I learned that they were called manga, but it certainly wasn't at that same time, but it really did open up a lot of doors for me when I learned that there were others. Oh man, good times.

Other than that, I remember, as a kid, reading page upon page of Calvin & Hobbes before going to sleep. That stuff still sticks with me, Bill Watterson's a genius.

Whew...there's a lot of things I haven't thought about in a long time popping back up today.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

Oh yeah, Dragon Ball. Interestingly DBZ was never a thing here (to my knowledge); instead the manga was super popular for a good while in like, third or fourth grade, and everyone I knew had the whole collection on their bookshelves.
Spoiler:

Years
228365. My favorite would vary by year as a kid. One year, it was whatever Harry Potter book I was reading, the next, it was the Artemis Fowl series, and I can only say with any certainty that my favorite book at 14 was The Hunt for Red October.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
228340. What's the premise?

A novelist disappears from his house for a week. Before leaving, he had finished his masterpiece, Bombyx Mori, which his publisher refused to take and had become the topic of all kinds of rumours among writers in London, attracting on the way several threats of lawsuits from print-world bigwigs if he dared to publish it as an e-book. His wife, worried by the way in which he stormed out and the lack of news, contacts a private detective to find out what happened to him. Shortly afterwards, he finally appears- dead.

Ivysaur

Years

It was the publisher, in the kitchen, with a candlestick.

SPOILER BIG SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO READ THE NOVEL AND IT'S GOOD SO PLEASE DO READ IT IF YOU LIKE DETECTIVE NOVELS.

Spoiler:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years

Hi.

Spoiler:

Ivysaur

Years

Hi.

Spoiler:

You people are evil.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

I beat the internet, but it nearly killed my browser in the process.

...Actually, now I'm curious as to what exactly causes multiple spoiler tags to be so heavy on the ol' processing. Surely it could be done better.

Years
then you'll be more than happy to [SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER]:^)[SPOILER]I, Pokestick, do solemnly swear that I am a pleb.[/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Hi.

[SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER][SPOILER]I, Akiba, do solemnly swear that I am a mega pleb.[/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

FTFY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back