• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ღ Fairy Glitter! ღ (Fairy type club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Hmmm. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for the Pink Balloon Pokemon. My current team seem to be running through everything (Particularly now my Kirlia evolved into Gardevoir) only being held up by Wattson's Volt Switch tactics. I might just stick with the 'Power of Three'.

Those Singapura cats are very cute. I imagine Game Freak have an idea which cat pokemon we will get in Gen 7.

I have a Shiny Male Sylveon and two regular pink female Sylveon, one of the females and the Shiny have the hidden ability.:)

Snubbull is very cute, pink and is indeed the 'Fairy' Pokemon. I did not know about 'unclean fairies' however. Granbull does look aggressive however and would have fitted 'Fairy/Dark'.

The only thing that I don't agree from the article I posted is describing the Snubull line aggressive kind of fairy, since it's actually a timid Pokémon! T^T

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
shabou @ DeviantArt

Les ailes~

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
The only thing that I don't agree from the article I posted is describing the Snubull line aggressive kind of fairy, since it's actually a timid Pokémon! T^T

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
shabou @ DeviantArt

Les ailes~

Snubbull and Kirlia are cute. :) Surprised we haven't had a Fairy Type with the traditional Fairy Wings yet. Maybe if Clefable gets a Mega.

Challenge Update: I caught a Jigglypuff and it is just slowing me down. It seems. I have found a bad Fairy-member.:( Next stop: Fortree City

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Snubbull and Kirlia are cute. :) Surprised we haven't had a Fairy Type with the traditional Fairy Wings yet. Maybe if Clefable gets a Mega.

Challenge Update: I caught a Jigglypuff and it is just slowing me down. It seems. I have found a bad Fairy-member.:( Next stop: Fortree City

Ah yeah! The Fairy Wings or maybe it should be an attach item like the Miracle Seed for the Grass-type. :P Let's go hunt all the butterfly and moth Pokémon for their wings. >:)

Hahaha! Sorry I didn't mean to laugh. {XD} Go get yourself a Dazzling Gleam TM near the Berry Master's house in Route 123! She can also be useful with Hyper Voice, she learns it at Level 44.

- You can give her Thunderbolt after you're done helping Wattson (a side quest that can be taken after you're done with Kyogre). ^_^
- You can make her learn Flamethrower/Fire Blast, the first one can be obtained in Victory Road and the latter at the Lilycove Department Store.
- Ice Beam can be found at Sea Mauville, handy for Jigglypuff as well.

I wonder if you are allowed to use Cottonee after receiving the National Dex before Elite Four matches. :)

New topic:
How did the Fairy-type appear in Pokémon world?
I used to think they are mutation between Normal and Psychic-type energies, perhaps along Bug-type as well, since fairies in real life folklore are usually associated with butterfly-like wings.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Ah yeah! The Fairy Wings or maybe it should be an attach item like the Miracle Seed for the Grass-type. :P Let's go hunt all the butterfly and moth Pokémon for their wings. >:)

Hahaha! Sorry I didn't mean to laugh. {XD} Go get yourself a Dazzling Gleam TM near the Berry Master's house in Route 123! She can also be useful with Hyper Voice, she learns it at Level 44.

- You can give her Thunderbolt after you're done helping Wattson (a side quest that can be taken after you're done with Kyogre). ^_^
- You can make her learn Flamethrower/Fire Blast, the first one can be obtained in Victory Road and the latter at the Lilycove Department Store.
- Ice Beam can be found at Sea Mauville, handy for Jigglypuff as well.

I wonder if you are allowed to use Cottonee after receiving the National Dex before Elite Four matches. :)

New topic:
How did the Fairy-type appear in Pokémon world?
I used to think they are mutation between Normal and Psychic-type energies, perhaps along Bug-type as well, since fairies in real life folklore are usually associated with butterfly-like wings.

Fairy Wings as a Fairy boost item makes a lot of sense. A traditional Fairy with wings would likely be Fairy/Flying.

Jigglypuff can learn Fire-type moves. Hmmm. It might be useful after all. I also now have access to the impressive Mega Mawile.

The Fairy-Tale Girl that gives Dazzling Gleam mentions opening a Fairy Type Gym....There's an idea for the secret base.

Unfortunately I can't use Cottonee for the challenge. I do plan to do an all Fairy Type post game (and indeed post challenge) though using Whimsicott and Clefable. Challenge rules apply up to when I have become Pokemon League Champion.

How did the Fairy Type appear in the Pokemon World?

I'd like to think the first Fairy Type was found after research into Clefairys. The researcher caught numerous Clefairy's and analysed them doing Metronome. One of the Clefairy's used Metronome and performed the move Moonblast. This move not only blinded the researcher but put a hole in the Lab wall. The researcher had never seen this move before and her analyser specified it was an unknown type.

The researcher called the local Pokemon Professor (Let's say Sycamore) who was also surprised at the researchers findings. Little did they know that the Clefairy's Moonblast had caused other Fairy-like creatures in the region like Ralts, Snubbull and Marill to change along with plants to become Pokemon. (Flabebe)

Little did the researcher know that the blast had also made her more Fairy like as her eyes had turned black. (Much to Sycamore's surprise). The researcher decided to continue her research (Also discovering Sylveon) and after some thought opened a Gym in Laverre City.

The Fairy Blast spread to other regions also changing Pokemon like Whimsicott to Fairy-type.

In short - Valerie accidentally discovered them after experimenting with Clefairys

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
I try to answer some things:

Which current non-Fairy type Pokemon should be a Fairy-type and why?

Skitty(and its evolved form Delcatty also), after all it's way look like a Fairy type Pokemon and most importantly it is Pink in colour(as approx majority of Fairy type are Pink in Colour)

Which current Fairy Pokemon should not be Fairy-type and why?

Carbink, surely never understood why they made it a Rock/Fairy type Pokemon.

Which current non-Fairy-type move should be a Fairy-type move and why?

After You and Miracle Eye I think all the Affective and Charming moves should be included in the fairy type moves.

Which current Fairy-type move should not be Fairy-type and why?

Flower Shield, it should be included in the grass type move.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
Username: KetsuekiR (I've put in a post on the username change thread so that's what it will be but stest12 right now)
Partner Pokemon: Mega-Gardevoir (non-Mega is awesome but Mega is just so much better xD)
Why you like Fairies: They have an elegance that most other types lack and still they're so darned good at what they do, it's criminal!
Answer a Topic! (What is your favourite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?): I love Gardevoir (Mega more so than non-Mega) and I've loved her since I found a Ralts on Route 102 on Sapphire and it doesn't hurt that she hits like a truck while being absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for reading and have an awesome day xD!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Username: KetsuekiR (I've put in a post on the username change thread so that's what it will be but stest12 right now)
Partner Pokemon: Mega-Gardevoir (non-Mega is awesome but Mega is just so much better xD)
Why you like Fairies: They have an elegance that most other types lack and still they're so darned good at what they do, it's criminal!
Answer a Topic! (What is your favourite Fairy type Pokemon? Why?): I love Gardevoir (Mega more so than non-Mega) and I've loved her since I found a Ralts on Route 102 on Sapphire and it doesn't hurt that she hits like a truck while being absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for reading and have an awesome day xD!

Welcome.

Fairy-types are a lot of fun to use in battle and there strengths against Dragon and Dark Types are very useful.

Gardevoir is indeed an excellent Pokemon and unless I am doing a challenge where I can't have one I always have one on my team.

Gardevoir's Mega is excellent (Particularly in Shiny Form) but part of me wishes they went for something more gender neutral. Since most of my Gardevoir's are female it is not a big issue however.

My first time using Gardevoir was a male in Emerald which basically soloed the game and won the Smart Contest.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
Thanks for accepting and welcoming me! Yeah, Gardevoir is simply amazing. The shiny Mega is beyond magnificent too. I've spent a lot of time getting female Ralts if I choose to use Gardevoir (which I normally always do >.<) because it's just weird to me. Sort of like using a male Machamp xD

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

The Skitty line as a Fairy seems to be be a popular choice! ^^ Let's hope she'll get a useful Mega Evolution. Perhaps a pure Fairy-type or a dual Normal/Fairy-type.

Well Karbink looks like a cake and Fairy-type Pokémon are usually linked (but not limited to) sweet looking things, or sweets. Like the Swirlix line and the Spritzee line. :) I hope that answers your doubt, I have to stress that I'm not against of your opinion though! ;)

My holy banana, I totally forgot about Flower Shield! x'D Even Sunflora learns the said move and the Hoppip line as an Egg Move!

Welcome to this glittery club! {XD} Aww, where is this Ralts that you speak of? Is she in Gen VI games now? :D

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
Welcome to this glittery club! {XD} Aww, where is this Ralts that you speak of? Is she in Gen VI games now? :D

Thanks! :D I caught her in Ruby and liked Gardevoir/her line better than my starter/his line (the only time that's ever happened tbh) and of course I caught Ralts in both Y and Omega Ruby (although it was male in Y because I wanted to try out Gallade for once xD)!

Skyxyd

The one
Years
Username: Raydeon (soon Skyxyd)
Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir
Why you like Fairies: Because i like fairy tail ! lol. No seriously the (magic ?) power of fairies can beat the deepest lord of darkness
Answer a Topic!:What are your fave shiny Fairy-types, and reasons why?
Gardevoir because in blue that's very fabulous even more than in green like now, but it's too hard to get one

Years
Username: Raydeon (soon Skyxyd)
Partner Pokemon: Gardevoir
Why you like Fairies: Because i like fairy tail ! lol. No seriously the (magic ?) power of fairies can beat the deepest lord of darkness
Answer a Topic!:What are your fave shiny Fairy-types, and reasons why?
Gardevoir because in blue that's very fabulous even more than in green like now, but it's too hard to get one

Nice to see you join as well Ray! I have been seeing Gardevoir as a popular partner choice here and I can easily see why, given it has a Mega and Fairy-type made it truly start to shine given it can now use new moves to beat one type it used to always have trouble with.

Shiny Gardevoir is beautiful, especially the black dress on the Mega so no surprise you love it. Have fun enjoying the discussions as I add you to the list.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Here's a topic for everyone.~
If you can pick a mascot for the Fairy-type, who would it be?
And who should be the mascot for Fairy-type Club?

Just something fun, nothing too serious. :P

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Here's a topic for everyone.~
If you can pick a mascot for the Fairy-type, who would it be?
And who should be the mascot for Fairy-type Club?

Just something fun, nothing too serious. :P

1. Since it was made specially as a Fairy-type, has an Unique Evolution method and is Valerie's signature Pokemon. I say Sylveon.

2. Originally Clefairy was meant to be the mascot of the whole Pokémon franchise but was replaced by Pikachu. Given how Clefairy is the 'Fairy' Pokemon it seems reasonable for it to be mascot of Fairy Club.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
1. Since it was made specially as a Fairy-type, has an Unique Evolution method and is Valerie's signature Pokemon. I say Sylveon.

2. Originally Clefairy was meant to be the mascot of the whole Pokémon franchise but was replaced by Pikachu. Given how Clefairy is the 'Fairy' Pokemon it seems reasonable for it to be mascot of Fairy Club.

I love the extra thought on only pure Fairies can act as a mascot. :) I pick the Flabébé line, since the whole line was introduced in Gen VI games like the type itself. Secondly, Flabébé is the one that really screams out Fairy, in terms of design. Thirdly, its evolution form Floette is quite an important character in Pokémon XY. :)

Good choice, despite I'm not a fan of the pink color. I love Clefairy, she's competitively useful.~

Years
I think my name is KetsuekiR on the member list even though it wasn't when I joined because I mentioned the imminent change :D Thanks for that!

Don't worry I updated everything on the member list. Also, I might plan to get around to putting this club up for social media promotion in a few days or something.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Do you want to shine like the fairies? Here's a chance for you to make your fellow Fairy-type members proud: vote for Fairy-type Club!

Don't forget to show us the glittery yet mischievous side of Fairy tactics through The Amazing Pokémon Race! Make sure to get Nichole's permission though! {XD}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back