• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Gen 7 wishlist

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 29, 2015
What are some new features and improvements you'd like to see in the next generation of Pokemon games.

Personally I'd like to see elemental trio legendaries that are also Dragon types. Also If there is a new console released with more power I'd like to see 3d over world sprites for all the Pokemon.

Years
Bring back Pokemon following you around like in HG/SS maybe? I really liked that feature.
I'd also love to be able to ride Pokemon, but not just in restricted areas like in X/Y.

Also character customisation. Please, please, let them bring that back

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 29, 2015
Bring back Pokemon following you around like in HG/SS maybe? I really liked that feature.
I'd also love to be able to ride Pokemon, but not just in restricted areas like in X/Y.

And if they bring back customization they should improve the options of clothing for males it was a bit limited compared to the female clothes.

Years
queeniewolf took the top two that I had off the top of my head- character customization and the following Pokemon feature. I know they're probably a little more difficult to implement, but I hate that they teased us by putting them in just a few games, and then not bringing them back.

And since this thread is about the games rather than the Pokemon series as a whole, I'm just going to pop this over to Pokemon Gaming Central for you!

MOVED.

Years
As mentioned in another thread, two things I want to see is:

• More double battles in story mode.
As a big fan of double battles I really dislike the lack of double battles in story mode. I wish we could turn on an option that turns every major battle into a double battle. This keeps singles up for those who want it, and allows doubles for those who want that.

• Equalize your Pokémon to the Gym Leader/Elite Four
If a Gym Leader has 2 Pokémon and you have 6, I would like to see a battle system where, before the battle, you would have to choose 2 Pokémon to battle the Gym Leader with, to make it an even battle. This way you won't just win through sheer numbers.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Dark Type Gym when?
I would also like to see the Pokemon TCG (limited sets of course) as its main minigame in a Pokemon Game. (altho yeah this will eat up a LOT of data space)

And my absolute request...
GAMEFREAK WHERE'S MY MEGA CROBAT

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
-More customizations and clothing for your character like they allowed in Pokemon: X/Y.
-Mega-evolutions for every starter that has yet to receive a mega-evolution. Especially Greninja & the Kalos crew. More mega-evolutions for other 'Mon as well.
-Dual-types for all the starters will be type combinations that haven't been used for any of the 6 previous generations. Grass-Psychic, Fire-Steel, Water-Fighting.
-More to do after Elite-Four.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
What are some new features and improvements you'd like to see in the next generation of Pokemon games.

Personally I'd like to see elemental trio legendaries that are also Dragon types. Also If there is a new console released with more power I'd like to see 3d over world sprites for all the Pokemon.

More Dragon-type legendaries? o: I'd actually rather see the next set of legendaries be something other than Dragon types. I feel like Gen 4 and Gen 5 started a pattern of the main trio always being part Dragon type. Gen 6 broke that pattern, which was nice to see, but I'd hate to see them go right back to it in Gen 7 :c Not that I have any problem with Dragon types, of course~ Just feels like there's more room to be creative when they're not limited to always being one type.

As for things I'd like to see return, being able to explore multiple regions is a big one. I thought that was a very underrated feature of the Johto games. It made the games feel much larger, and it made for a great postgame. I'm holding out hope that the next Kalos game(s?) will allow us to do that, but I have no idea how likely that is haha

Also, following Pokemon, like QueenieWolf and Osiris said. I loved that feature so much and was sad to see it go.

Finally, Mega Excadrill please.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years

I'll start my list with those two.

I'd like to see the Johto trio of starters get Mega Evolutions, specifically for Typhlosion and Feraligatr since I don't care much for Meganium. I'd also like to see a Bug/Dragon-type, a Fire/Grass-type, and a Poison-type legendary.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 29, 2015
More Dragon-type legendaries? o: I'd actually rather see the next set of legendaries be something other than Dragon types. I feel like Gen 4 and Gen 5 started a pattern of the main trio always being part Dragon type. Gen 6 broke that pattern, which was nice to see, but I'd hate to see them go right back to it in Gen 7 :c Not that I have any problem with Dragon types, of course~ Just feels like there's more room to be creative when they're not limited to always being one type.

As for things I'd like to see return, being able to explore multiple regions is a big one. I thought that was a very underrated feature of the Johto games. It made the games feel much larger, and it made for a great postgame. I'm holding out hope that the next Kalos game(s?) will allow us to do that, but I have no idea how likely that is haha

Also, following Pokemon, like QueenieWolf and Osiris said. I loved that feature so much and was sad to see it go.

Finally, Mega Excadrill please.
Dragon types are my favorite so I guess I'm biased and just would enjoy seeing more of them. Specifically a Water,Fire,and Grass type Dragon legendary trio that are not only Dragon type but also designed to look like dragons but I can totally see how other people might be sick of Dragon type legendaries and would want more variety.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
  1. Dark-type Gym: you know all gym just too goody and little bit of darkside. It probably needs another type instead the following past gen types
  2. Player Customization: give some loves to male players here, we just got few things than female players
  3. Story battle with double/teamed battle: just like Gen4/5 and Gen3/6 it just makes more interesting
  4. More post-game content
  5. Variant dual-type starters

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I'd like to see the game do something other than 8 gym badges, elite 4 then champion. Perhaps having a region when the player is taken through a more expansive storyline and then have the end game being in a tournament or something.

Years
Just remembered another thing: Hard mode, maybe?
I guess in gen6 you could argue that turning off the exp-share made the game a bit more challenging but really ... how about a better AI, higher level curve etc.? Might be interesting and add some spice to the playthrough especially for experienced players.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
All of my ideas have already been said, but yeah, here they are:

More character costumization - I really loved this feature in Pokémon X and Y, and I want it back with more outfits, hairstyles, etc for all the genres! Then there would be more different and unique characters, different styles, etc!

Pokémon Following you - Omg pls pls pls, bring back this feature! I love playing Pokémon SoulSilver and I loved the fact that we could have one Pokémon following you! It was so damn cute :3 I really want this feature back, but I guess it's really hard though ....

Different secondary-types for starters - You guys remember when we had 3 fire starters that were Fire/Fighting in a row? It was a bit frustrating! Luckily, gen 6 broke that line with a Fire/Psychic starter! Why don't we have more variety? For example, electric-type, dark-type, ghost-type ... It would be nice I think ...

Explore other regions - Only in Pokémon HeartGold SoulSilver we could explore Johto AND the Kanto Region! I would like to see this back!

More Megas - The topic says everything.

Different Biomes - It would be cool to see even more different biomes in every route and every city!

More to do after Elite Four - The topic says everything.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Besides everything that has been said (please let us customize our characters again!), I would really like to see new type combinations in general. Fire/Grass, Fire/Ice, Ghost/Fighting, Bug/Dragon, and Normal/Ghost would all be really cool to see.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
Character customization- I want this back
The new region based on England or Italy
Help system on the PC- I was disappointed this did not come back in Gen 6, the instruction manual was lacking for gen 6
Jhoto starters getting mega evolution

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
- Hard Mode. XY and ORAS were too easy for me. :/ The only trainer who gave me a "bit" of challenge was Champion Steven...
- Screenshots and Video Recording. I'd really like for the Gen 7 game to give us the ability to take a snapshot anywhere in the game and any time. Being able to record our gameplay for us to upload videos online would be an awesome feature!
- Mega Flygon.
- Mega Skarmory.
- Good story, rivals, and villains. Like in BW and B2W2.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I agree that character customization should be brought back. To me, it seems like a system they'd put much time putting together, and having it go to a waste would not sound like too bright of an idea.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
More post game content where you don't have to participate in the BP facility
Transfer Pokemon from previous gens without having to pay for Pokebank
a Dark Type gym- come on Game Freak why is there still not one yet?

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I would really dig a new formula for starting out. For all of the Generations you have started out in a tiny little town, I would love to see a character from the city or something for once. Not anything drastic, but something that refreshes the feel a bit. It seems to me that the graphics keep changing but the setting hasn't very much.

I could go for the return of character customization, but the biggest thing I want is an increase in difficulty. I never got the opportunity to use the setting on BW2, but now that i know how to play the games effectively i would like a bit of a challenge.

Back