• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ORAS Demo Challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Well, just a little while ago, the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire demo was announced. It will take place in Mossdeep City and will allow catching Pokemon and battling. It also features a seperate story line than the one that is in the actual games, so the demo won't be a spoiler, just a demonstration of how the game works. Rather than setting out rules for all of you, I have decided to create this thread to allow for any rule sets you are going to impose on yourselves. You may participate as many times as you like, but for each time you need to change up your rules in some way. This event will run until the day that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is released in North America, November 21st. At that time, I will close this thread and give emblems out.

Recommended Challenges:
-Normal Monotype
-Solo Challenges (Will have to carry at least 2 Pokemon for a double battle in the story)
-Nuzlocke
-Hit 'n' Run (Swap Pokemon after each attack)
-Come up with your own and if I like it I'll add it to the list!

EVENT PENDING DEMO RELEASE

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I want to... but I just don't know how to get it, so I really can't promise anything.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
This sounds pretty cool and all, but I'm not the person to suggest rules, but...

1. Only use pokemon that currently have a mega evolution(example Treeko)

Good or bad? You tell me because this is interesting.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd be all in for this. Sounds neat! Never had a challenge that strictly used a demo. Is the demo going to be like the Smash demo and require a code?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It will, but I think the way to get the code is going to be much easier than being platinum on Club Nintendo. It's really hard to say what kind of challenges will be viable, but I would bet on Nuzlocke, a limited set of monotypes, probably mono colors but not certain yet, and the mega evolutions thing MIGHT work, it really depends at this point.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Reading into it more, I hope it doesn't require Bank to send over what you get in the demo to the actual game. I recently screwed up my Bank, so I can't use it now sadly. lol But this looks like it will be fun. :) Never gotten to play a demo for a major Pokemon game before, let alone a challenge on it. EEEEEEEE!!!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Based on what I have seen, one recommended challenge is gonna be a Normal Monotype, as there seems to be at least 4 Normal type Pokemon in the Demo. If the PC is not useable in the Demo, then I would think the next way to do a Nuzlocke would be to just not let yourself get Pokemon revived until you reach blackout, at which point you would fail. But your only limit is your imagination.

Auraluxe

↞The Swashbucklin' Fool↠
Years
Perhaps a Hit & Run challenge, where you get to use one attack per pokemon and then have to switch out to a different pokemon, attack, rinse, repeat. If you blackout, you fail the challenge. Not a nuzlocke, just can't blackout/whiteout? Or I suppose if you wanted extreme difficulty, make it a nuzlocke as well. The challenge wouldn't begin until you have at least two pokemon, though.

pokenavkev15

Champion of_____ Region!
Years
Call me dumb, but does anyone know how to even get the demo? Or is it even revealed how you can download it?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
There's a link to the page on my OP, it says to watch there for more info on how to get the demo. So as soon as they're ready to release it we'll know.

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
Eeeh I go a code! I think I might try a hit 'n' run. Although you only have a starter until you catch the mega pokemon.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
yea, you can't really do chllenges as you don't get pokeballs until it's over. starter solo maybe, but that's about it.

(in that case, swampert solo complete)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Yeah it seems as though the demo might not work out. I can play it myself now though, so I will see what's up myself I suppose.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
As unfortunate as it is, there doesn't really seem to be any way to do challenges on the ORAS demo. So I'm closing this. Gonna leave it pinned the rest of the day so everyone can see this message. Sorry for getting hopes up. I was really looking forward to it myself :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back