• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♫ Telepathic Melodies ♫ - Psychic Pokemon Club

Would you like to see competitions implemented into the club?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Thanks For Reply Aslan . I wanted to know that I am in or not.

Rally sorry about that Akshat, was a tad busy with other matters on hand yesterday and couldn't find the time to get back to you. Anyway: Welcome to the club! I hope you'll stick around and really enjoy yourself here. :)

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Shall I propose a new topic?

What type would you like to see paired with Psychic-type?

There's not a ton of new choices, but I'd like to see a Psychic/Bug-type. We've had bugs that can use Psychic attacks, but not one with that pairing. I think that would be a pretty cool concept.

Lucky#13

Lucky Member
Years
Psychic Electric would be interesting for stats and movepool.

As a dual type overall Poison Psychic would be pretty great eliminating poison's weakness to psychic and psychic's weakness to bug. give it levitate and it is only weak to Dark and Ghost, but with Psychic's vast movepool it would probably be able to counter those.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Username: Peitharchia.
Partner Pokemon: Cresselia.
Why you want to join the club: I love psychic types (who doesn't?), and would definitely enjoy spreading it here, haha.

What is your favourite Psychic type, both competitively and casually? Why?
One that instantly comes to mind is Espeon. It's very adorable in terms of design, and when it comes to competitive battling, it could be decently helpful, too. Thanks to its Magic Bounce ability, it's able to send any non-damaging move back to opponent (Stealth Rock, for example). This not only saves you from having to deal with them, but it also makes it a problem for your foe, which, I believe, is brilliant!

Aside from Espeon, I'm also a pretty huge fan of Cresselia. Its appearance is very unique, I feel, especially for a legendary, and it is very powerful (but not enough to be banned to Ubers, which is a plus). It's got enough bulk to endure a ton of hits, and is able to strike back even harder afterward. It has access to recovery moves as well, such as Moonlight, which helps it regenerate its health every time they are down. Have used this Pokémon plenty of times before, and it has never disappointed me, thankfully.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Shall I propose a new topic?

There's not a ton of new choices, but I'd like to see a Psychic/Bug-type. We've had bugs that can use Psychic attacks, but not one with that pairing. I think that would be a pretty cool concept.

Sure, thanks for the new topic! Yeah. What Pokemon do you think would be able to fill that role? For me, the first thing that comes to mind would be Butterfree/Dustox. Their movepool seems to fit the bill nicely, and judging from their anime appearances they seem suited to gain the Psychic typing and lose the flying one, because it's rather self explanatory.

Psychic Electric would be interesting for stats and movepool.

As a dual type overall Poison Psychic would be pretty great eliminating poison's weakness to psychic and psychic's weakness to bug. give it levitate and it is only weak to Dark and Ghost, but with Psychic's vast movepool it would probably be able to counter those.

That's actually a pretty interesting typing. Defensive wise it would be really useful, but with the ground types running wild in this generation without levitate the weakness to bug would probably be better than the weakness to ground, since about every physically offensive behemoth runs earthquake or earth power, or something along those lines.

Username: Peitharchia.
Partner Pokemon: Cresselia.
Why you want to join the club: I love psychic types (who doesn't?), and would definitely enjoy spreading it here, haha.

What is your favourite Psychic type, both competitively and casually? Why?
One that instantly comes to mind is Espeon. It's very adorable in terms of design, and when it comes to competitive battling, it could be decently helpful, too. Thanks to its Magic Bounce ability, it's able to send any non-damaging move back to opponent (Stealth Rock, for example). This not only saves you from having to deal with them, but it also makes it a problem for your foe, which, I believe, is brilliant!

Aside from Espeon, I'm also a pretty huge fan of Cresselia. Its appearance is very unique, I feel, especially for a legendary, and it is very powerful (but not enough to be banned to Ubers, which is a plus). It's got enough bulk to endure a ton of hits, and is able to strike back even harder afterward. It has access to recovery moves as well, such as Moonlight, which helps it regenerate its health every time they are down. Have used this Pokémon plenty of times before, and it has never disappointed me, thankfully.

Hey Peitharchia, welcome to the club! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself here. Yes, Espeon has seen a lot of use comeptitvely once it gained Magic Bounce, and it's actually doing quite well in OU not only as a hazard deterrent, but a nice dual screen setter and it's ability to force switches most of the time.

I'm actually a big fan of Cresselia. Unfortunately, my save was corrupted on Platinum and I was never able to transfer it over to the newer games. While I'm not exactly familiar with VGC, I do know that Cresselia is a wonderful Pokemon to use. Asethetically it'll easily make my top 10, it's one of the best looking legendary Pokemon.

I'd Like to see Psychic and Dragon Paired with each other because latias and latios are both psychic and dragon they are kinda cool huh.

Yeah, the Lati twins are Psychic/Dragon. Unfortunately this combination does seem to create more weaknesses than it covers. Weakness to the common Knock Off, U-Turn and the like don't help either, though I suppose the excellent offensive STABs make up for it somewhat.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
The memories chasing Cresselia all over Sinnoh though. ;__;

Psychic/Ghost. Considering that they're both part of the 'supernatural' sort of group, they'd work well if combined. :D I think existing mons such as Elygem would fit the sort of thing I'm looking for when it comes to creating a psychic/ghost but a phantom that communciated through thoughts wouldn't be half-bad either.

@ all the other suggestions:

Psychic/Bug: Butterfree would do pretty well as a psychic/bug but its current typing is sort of a given due to it being well... a butterfly. It's a great idea but one that would unlikely ever happen. :( Some original concepts for psychic/bugs have been created though and most of them look pretty cool. :D

Psychic/Electric: Hell yeah, let's invent one of these things. :D I think the wombo combo of these two would make for some pretty deadly power. Maybe they could invent a pokemon that used electricity through spiritual energy? Although the concept sounds kinda iffy so a better idea would be welcomed. :)

Psychic/Dragon: Creating another psychic/dragon would be awesome, definitely. However the above typings have a huge amount of potential and have yet to be created. I think we can wait another gen with just Latios/Latias before we think of creating another. :p

Lucky#13

Lucky Member
Years
I would definitely love to see a Psychic Ghost aside from Hoopa. They are my top two favorite types and I'm a little surprised it hasn't really happened yet.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Thanks For Reply Aslan . I wanted to know that I am in or not.

Hey and welcome to the club!

I like gallades design equal to mega Gardevoir.
Both are kinda overused though i never use either but if i had to choose Gallade is unique in which its more physical and it has a fighting/psychic which isnt unique onky to him but is limited to a select few when it comes to it it all depends what its Megas power is like i still have to choose my Megas for the upcoming game.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
The memories chasing Cresselia all over Sinnoh though. ;__;

Psychic/Ghost. Considering that they're both part of the 'supernatural' sort of group, they'd work well if combined. :D I think existing mons such as Elygem would fit the sort of thing I'm looking for when it comes to creating a psychic/ghost but a phantom that communciated through thoughts wouldn't be half-bad either.

@ all the other suggestions:

Psychic/Bug: Butterfree would do pretty well as a psychic/bug but its current typing is sort of a given due to it being well... a butterfly. It's a great idea but one that would unlikely ever happen. :( Some original concepts for psychic/bugs have been created though and most of them look pretty cool. :D

Psychic/Electric: Hell yeah, let's invent one of these things. :D I think the wombo combo of these two would make for some pretty deadly power. Maybe they could invent a pokemon that used electricity through spiritual energy? Although the concept sounds kinda iffy so a better idea would be welcomed. :)

Psychic/Dragon: Creating another psychic/dragon would be awesome, definitely. However the above typings have a huge amount of potential and have yet to be created. I think we can wait another gen with just Latios/Latias before we think of creating another. :p

I would definitely love to see a Psychic Ghost aside from Hoopa. They are my top two favorite types and I'm a little surprised it hasn't really happened yet.

Hey and welcome to the club!

I like gallades design equal to mega Gardevoir.
Both are kinda overused though i never use either but if i had to choose Gallade is unique in which its more physical and it has a fighting/psychic which isnt unique onky to him but is limited to a select few when it comes to it it all depends what its Megas power is like i still have to choose my Megas for the upcoming game.

Thanks for posting all of those words.

Psychic/Ghost is definitely viable, and the users above have pointed out quite a few Pokemon that would fit the bill nicely. Personally though I think that something along the lines of Dusclops/Banette would work out, but others may disagree.

Psychic/Dark is a great typing. While it does gain a crippling 4x Bug weakness, it loses its Fighting weakness from the dark type, the Ghost and Dark weakness from the Psychic type. Not to mention it gains a really handy immunity to the Psychic type in the process, and consists of two offensive types with really good coverage. However, I can't really think of any users for it, what are your thoughts on this?

Personally, Psychic/Electric is one of the type combinations that I'm really looking forward to, because I've the feeling that GF can do a lot with its design when you fuse Psychic and Electric together. Sure, weaknesses will be aplenty, but I'm approaching this from an aesthetical standpoint, so things might differ if you're looking at it from a competitive standpoint. It does seem to work offensively though.

Years
Psychic/Dark is a great typing. While it does gain a crippling 4x Bug weakness, it loses its Fighting weakness from the dark type, the Ghost and Dark weakness from the Psychic type. Not to mention it gains a really handy immunity to the Psychic type in the process, and consists of two offensive types with really good coverage. However, I can't really think of any users for it, what are your thoughts on this?

Apparently we already have an evolution line of this type - Inkay and Malamar.

They are pretty interesting though, with the whole "turn upside down" concept and the fact that to evolve Inkay you have to turn it upside down. The type combination itself only has two weaknesses (Bug and Fairy) but what's so interesting about it is that it has no definite resistances (which kinda explains why Malamar ended up in the lowest major tier competitively) meaning its only resistance is just that Psychic immunity. Contrary is a really fun ability to use with it, given it gets Superpower as a level-up move and it can learn some odd stuff here and there.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Apparently we already have an evolution line of this type - Inkay and Malamar.

They are pretty interesting though, with the whole "turn upside down" concept and the fact that to evolve Inkay you have to turn it upside down. The type combination itself only has two weaknesses (Bug and Fairy) but what's so interesting about it is that it has no definite resistances (which kinda explains why Malamar ended up in the lowest major tier competitively) meaning its only resistance is just that Psychic immunity. Contrary is a really fun ability to use with it, given it gets Superpower as a level-up move and it can learn some odd stuff here and there.

Yeah, my bad. I forgot to mention the Inkay line. Even though it dosen't have much resistances, I've actually seen quite a bit of Malamar in OU, even at the mid-high level range, mostly because of Superpower contrary. An attack and defense boost that comes off a 120 BP move with no drawbacks can be a real killer if not stopped. It's a unique one though, no doubt about that.

Announcement said:
Also, Akshat has earned:

[*] Userbar Fanatic: Contribute a userbar to the club.

For contributing a userbar to the club, which you can check out on the first page of this thread. Thanks for the contribution!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Both typings have already been created in the franchise but I'm otherwise perfectly fine with more. :D For psychic/rock you have the sun and moon duo of Solrock and Lunatone. Honestly I feel like Solrock should of been fire/psychic seeing as it's the sun for one and it also possesses some sort of 'presence'. Though Rock/Psychic isn't bad either. Just slightly weird. :(

Psychic/fire is also honestly a really cool idea in general but we already have plenty of existing pokemon that could fit under its criteria. So things like Ninetales. Although admittedly, a little of my judgement on it being fire/psychic is from watching one too many Naruto episodes. :( Outside influences aside though, it really does seem to possess some sort of mystical or mysterious aura around it and has the perfect design for the typing.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What changes would you make to the Psychic type, with regards to weaknesses and resistances? Why?
Hm, this is a tough question... first and foremost, I'd likely make them immune against their own type--psychic. Psychic-types usually utilize their mind and telepathy power to cause damage, but if they could do the same to keep themselves safe, logically, it would sort of null all effects from strike they hit against each other? I hope I'm making sense!

As for weakness, I'd likely make them super-effective against water-types. I remember reading somewhere that water causes psychic-power to dwindle (I'm not an expert at this, though, so I'm not really sure how true it might be), so if they stick by that, it would indeed be understandable for some people.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
What changes would you make to the Psychic type, with regards to weaknesses and resistances? Why?

I sort of agree about the Psychic-type immunity thing, they would pretty much nullify each other one would think. Aside from that, I wouldn't change much, but for some reason it makes sense that they'd be weak against Fairy-types. They just seem like they could mess with a Psychic-type's abilities and such.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

Interestingly enough, I think that psychic-type matchups all make sense when applied logically. So despite the brute force of fighting types, psychics would probably be able to predict their moves or hit them from a distance, giving them the obvious upperhand. However other matchups, I'd probably tweak a bit. For example, psychic vs dark. The idea of the mind being consumed by darkness or some other idea could potentially work but is unlikely. In a 1 v 1 situation for example, both of them have different strengths and weaknesses but would probably battle to an equal potential. But yeah honestly, the idea of a mind/telepathy being beaten by darkness is kinda iffy. At worst, they'd probably go toe to toe in battle as opposed to a full stomp.

Not sure if it already does this but I think psychic being uneffective would probably be the better choice compared to a total immunity. The idea makes sense definitely, but I don't think it necessarily means no damage at all. Probably just very little. Even if they protected themselves with their minds, other psychic-types are bound to be on the same power level or better. That's my two cents on the psychic thing anyway. Not half bad of an idea though and one I definitely understand! :D

Hmm, water types beating psychic? Eh it could be possible but I'm not really sure what would make water super effective. I think it'd be hard to remember as well, since you don't think of water as a dwindler to psychic-types but instead, fire. The idea could work however but I'd still need clarification on how water would exactly achieve the means to beat the mind. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back