• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Thank you for the help, the unnamed trainer editor is working great!

My next problem is that I can't open Advance-Mart, it says "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

Any ideas on how to fix this ?
Well that's a file in your system that you can download, but you must be admin. Google the problem.

Years
How do I remove the intro truck rumbling in Emerald? I found a tutorial that tells I should mess with the tiles and overwrite a script (that corrupts a small part of the rom).
The problem with that is, that it feels really unsafe solution that can cause harm later.

I have also found posts about a truck remover tool but all the download links I've found are dead.

I can't use FireRed/LeafGreen roms because I need berries in my hack.

Use Advanced IntroEd...
Here's the link destinedjagold gave me:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/iwi62yeh3mz25bj/Advance+IntroEd.exe

Happy hacking!

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Thank you for the help, the unnamed trainer editor is working great!

My next problem is that I can't open Advance-Mart, it says "Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

Any ideas on how to fix this ?
If you can't get it going yet, there are alternatives.

To tell you the truth, A-Mart is largely uneeded. All PokeMarts can be edited and expanded (if you're expanding, point the new items list to another offset) using Advance Map/XSE. And the price editor that comes with it can be easily done with any item editor like Item Manager or the one included in G3T (G3T has INIs if you want to edit TMs, Item Manager doesn't).

You can check out a huge XSE tutorial here. Scroll down to where it talks about marts.

jAvAcOlA

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2015
I asked this in the beginner's lounge but can't get an answer:

I want Deoxys number to appear as question marks instead of his regular pokedex number. How can I do this?

Last edited:

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Does anyone know of a way to remove the talking from the first battle with your rival that way its just a normal battle that continues even if you lose?

Years
is there anyway of stopping trainers calling you with the pokenav since it gets real annoying when random trainers call you at random times often speaking a load of rubbish

Remove the Pokenav?
Well, if your hack needs that, I can't help ya :P

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
I extended the over world sprite table in FireRed with a hex editor with success. Now, I want to edit the new sprites in the program NSE Classic. I have tried to edit the .ini file included the way it told me to in the instruction manual. However, I am having problems with this.

I changed the .ini to this:

[BPRE]
Inherits: BPRE
Sprite table = &H1a8140
Palette table = &H1a2400
[/BPRE]

When the header in the brackets is anything other than the actual header of the ROM, NSE doesn't load the new sprite table.

When the header in the brackets is the actual header of the ROM, NSE doesn't load the header and instead gives me this error.

NSEError_zps8f09574e.png

This topic was posted before a long time ago and was never answered. I really need to have extended over worlds for my hack, so any information on this is very appreciated.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I extended the over world sprite table in FireRed with a hex editor with success. Now, I want to edit the new sprites in the program NSE Classic. I have tried to edit the .ini file included the way it told me to in the instruction manual. However, I am having problems with this.

I changed the .ini to this:

[BPRE]
Inherits: BPRE
Sprite table = &H1a8140
Palette table = &H1a2400
[/BPRE]

When the header in the brackets is anything other than the actual header of the ROM, NSE doesn't load the new sprite table.

When the header in the brackets is the actual header of the ROM, NSE doesn't load the header and instead gives me this error.

NSEError_zps8f09574e.png

This topic was posted before a long time ago and was never answered. I really need to have extended over worlds for my hack, so any information on this is very appreciated.

Change your ROM header and the ini header. The program should then realize that it's not regular FR, but a customized one.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
Change your ROM header and the ini header. The program should then realize that it's not regular FR, but a customized one.

So I should change the header of the ROM and the stuff in the brackets in the .ini to something other than BPRE? Because I changed both of them to LINK, like in the NSE Readme's example, and it gave me the same thing.

TheRabbit

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Can you change the size of an OW? Like as in I want to import emerald's Mew into firered, but can't because they aren't the same size.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
How would I go about setting up the Map Editor of Happiness. I was using another program but it screwed up the rom half way through so i looked for another one and found this... only problem is i don't know how to run all of this exactly. If anyone could help me then thanks, i really wanna retry editing emerald.

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
Years
i still havent found a way to avoid data corruption when adding a map,(aside from using reserved space)wild pokemon data, map connections or changing the headers for a map

does anyone have any answers for me?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 18, 2017
Ok, so you know how charizards pallet offset in ape is 00EAE094? How do I find oaks offset as well as Gary and the two sprites when you choose to play as a girl or boy?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 29, 2016
Can someone please point me to a tutorial for hacking the region/world map? I'm hacking emerald (so one specifically geared towards that would be best) but I can try to adapt a FR/LG tutorial if that's all there is...

And yes, I have done a lot of forum searches already, but I've been unable to find any good tutorials so far...

EDIT: Merging post:
How would I go about setting up the Map Editor of Happiness. I was using another program but it screwed up the rom half way through so i looked for another one and found this... only problem is i don't know how to run all of this exactly. If anyone could help me then thanks, i really wanna retry editing emerald.

I'd suggest posting this in the MEH thread rather than here, probably get more attention from the actual creator there :happy:

Last edited:

Ayonn-

The Unbelivable
Years
Hey ! Is it possible to make that your pokemon follow you in FireRed ? If it's possible tell me how plz ....

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Can someone please point me to a tutorial for hacking the region/world map? I'm hacking emerald (so one specifically geared towards that would be best) but I can try to adapt a FR/LG tutorial if that's all there is...

And yes, I have done a lot of forum searches already, but I've been unable to find any good tutorials so far...

EDIT: Merging post:

I'd suggest posting this in the MEH thread rather than here, probably get more attention from the actual creator there :happy:

Found a tutorial here. Also note that you can combine some of the steps with some of the newer tutorials to make the inserting a whole lot easier.

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
Years
A while ago on PC I saw a patch for Emerald that changed all the stuff they made green back to the original colours in Ruby and Sapphire. I downloaded it, but since then I have lost all of my hack tools and resources from my computer.I searched for the patch, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know of this patch or where I could find it?

Is this actually a real thing or am I just making this up? I SWEAR I saw one. Maybe it was just a dream...

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
A while ago on PC I saw a patch for Emerald that changed all the stuff they made green back to the original colours in Ruby and Sapphire. I downloaded it, but since then I have lost all of my hack tools and resources from my computer.I searched for the patch, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know of this patch or where I could find it?

Is this actually a real thing or am I just making this up? I SWEAR I saw one. Maybe it was just a dream...

Found it. :D
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8210772&postcount=295

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back