• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
You go one tile ahead of the right waterfall between the two that are nearest to the switch room.

I know i've asked this before but i didn't get a reply.
Where are you supposed to find gabriella on route 119. be a bit detailed if you can.

My apologies. Gabriella can be found on a little finger of land that sticks out into the river to the north of the long grass where the Mimic Bros. can be found.

Just so you know, this is definitely my favorite hack ever. Great job this game is awesome!

Thank you very much. I always like it when people stoke the flames of my ego.

I am stuck here can someone help
P.S I love the hack

I'm going to assume you've talked to the machine already, and can't answer the questions. (If not, then talk to the machine and answer the questions.) However, I'm not going to tell you the answers to the questions, because all of them - except for Question Machine 3 and a couple of questions in Question Machine 4 - can be found out, if you only do a little research/logical thinking.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
I hope I do the right thing now...sorry, it's the first post(?) I do here...oh and sorry for the bad English but I hope you can at least understand what I mean...

I'm stuck at Route 119. These girls form the other game with d(?) want me to go back to the antenna tree but I don't know how to come back. I have neither HM fly nor dive nor that HM to climb up a waterfall. Where can I get these HMs? Or if I don't need them how can I go back?

I've spent so many real-time hours to find a way...went everywhere I can go, talked to everyone there, tried to go into that mountain-thing (but the severed head was in my way...) und even tried to surf north of that mountain (but than Meteor's daughter told me to help the others first)

So.....I really really need help I absolutely love this hack and just registered here to get help.
So please tell me what to do

Cutlerine

Years
I hope I do the right thing now...sorry, it's the first post(?) I do here...oh and sorry for the bad English but I hope you can at least understand what I mean...

I'm stuck at Route 119. These girls form the other game with d(?) want me to go back to the antenna tree but I don't know how to come back. I have neither HM fly nor dive nor that HM to climb up a waterfall. Where can I get these HMs? Or if I don't need them how can I go back?

I've spent so many real-time hours to find a way...went everywhere I can go, talked to everyone there, tried to go into that mountain-thing (but the severed head was in my way...) und even tried to surf north of that mountain (but than Meteor's daughter told me to help the others first)

So.....I really really need help I absolutely love this hack and just registered here to get help.
So please tell me what to do

Surf to the north of the mountain, then Surf right, and then down. You'll find a second entrance to Mount Pyre there. Go in, and I'm sure you can work it out from there.

Mentalii

Back
Years
What an amazing game !
Hard but great.
And I've got a question, in the Madio cave, what's the item that the filmsy threshold guardian is looking for? 'coz it doesn't let me past.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Ah, another of my brethren. Let us repair to the Garage, and dance forever in the afternoon sun to the out-of-sight sounds of everyone's favourite pirate radio station.

Alas, if only we could listen to Professor K. If only magnetic inline skates such as the ones used in JSR existed...

Also, if you already don't know about it, Air Gear may be of interest to you.

Cutlerine

Years
What an amazing game !
Hard but great.
And I've got a question, in the Madio cave, what's the item that the filmsy threshold guardian is looking for? 'coz it doesn't let me past.

It can only be acquired after the completion of the main storyline. If you've finished the main storyline, you need to bring this item:

Spoiler:

Alas, if only we could listen to Professor K. If only magnetic inline skates such as the ones used in JSR existed...

Also, if you already don't know about it, Air Gear may be of interest to you.

I do in fact know about Air Gear. It is indeed of interest to me. In fact, the inimitable Aeon Clock makes an appearance in this game.

Oh, Aeon Clock. Why did you have to die? Why? Oh God, why?

Flyingsteelix01

So I hear you like Mudkips?
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Ok, I've just done sundance rock and am now stuck on what to do next. I think I have to get to Sootopolis but I'm not sure.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
I do in fact know about Air Gear. It is indeed of interest to me. In fact, the inimitable Aeon Clock makes an appearance in this game.

Oh, Aeon Clock. Why did you have to die? Why? Oh God, why?

Wait just a second... Aeon Clock? In a pokemon game? Alright, I'll definitely play it now.

But you know what's more sad? No season 2. The manga just doesn't do it for me. :[

But seriously though... Kazu is not worthy to take Spitfire's place! D:

Cutlerine

Years
For a bit more ego strokin, my friend is playing this with me now and he has the same opinion haha

That's great to know.

Ok, I've just done sundance rock and am now stuck on what to do next. I think I have to get to Sootopolis but I'm not sure.

Go up one floor; Birch will call you (or you'll call him; I don't remember). You'll conclude that you must seek out Dr. Blackthorn. I think you can then go east of Pacifidlog to the Abandoned Mine, where the good doctor awaits.

Wait just a second... Aeon Clock? In a pokemon game? Alright, I'll definitely play it now.

But you know what's more sad? No season 2. The manga just doesn't do it for me. :[

But seriously though... Kazu is not worthy to take Spitfire's place! D:

Ah, Spitfire... memories, such memories.

By the way, Aeon Clock gives you Air Treks. Usable ones. They only have a sprite if you're the male character, but still.

Flyingsteelix01

So I hear you like Mudkips?
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Thanks, I now know where I'm going. The abandoned mine is really tough, even with my lvl 100 feraligatr

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Ah, Spitfire... memories, such memories.

By the way, Aeon Clock gives you Air Treks. Usable ones. They only have a sprite if you're the male character, but still.

Ahh, awesome. :3
When I was trying to make a rom hack I was trying to do the exact same thing! But, not with Aeon clock giving you them. You just got them. D:

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2014
The late story line seems very... broken. I thought I might do a little exploring as I couldn'nt defeat the Elite Four, and was able to go to; Lilycove sewers - where I promptly reloaded my save as I didn't know what was going on :P -, Gym Island - where I gladly accepted my early Strength HM and left XD - and the Lilycove museum, where I met Barqesh, Landon and May. That doesn't however stop this from being the most enjoyable hack I have ever played. I greatly admire all the scripting you have done, I was thinking this would be much more similar to Pokemon Ruby, like how Pokemon Quartz is. (also a great hack XD)

I do have two more questions though XD
What should I do after the Elite Four? I recieved the call and explored Lilycove finding nothing. Is it time to go back to the sewers?
And how can I obtain Turmur? I have an idea of how Faceleech is obtained if I am reading that clue correctly :P

I'll also add that I have the second Mush Mask that was mentioned a little while back XD

Edit: Returning to Lilycove Deartment Store I saw one of those afro fellows battling some zombies, I helped him out like last time. I left then, but I would imagine that Senex is back up there too XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2018
Picked up the hack yesterday. Got to petalburg and found a bug, a house whos entrance takes you to route 121. From what I've seen in a Let's Play that house isn't even supposed to be there. Don't know if you're still bothering to fix things, but here's a heads up if you are.

Attachments

• 0907 - Pokemon Ruby (U)(Mugs).png
    0907 - Pokemon Ruby (U)(Mugs).png
    10.1 KB · Views: 11
  • bug.png
    bug.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 13

regimeen

Alt + F4 user
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 16, 2011
well ive got to say its been a fun ride. it was your hack that made me become a member instead of a lurker and its nice to see a complete enough hack as well

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2011
Yeah, the house that leads to said route allowed me to obtain level 40 Pokemon to breeze my way through all the way to the Isle of Calm with easae. :D

Cutlerine

Years
well ive got to say its been a fun ride. it was your hack that made me become a member instead of a lurker and its nice to see a complete enough hack as well

Thank you very much. I do like to think people enjoy my insane ramblings.

Picked up the hack yesterday. Got to petalburg and found a bug, a house whos entrance takes you to route 121. From what I've seen in a Let's Play that house isn't even supposed to be there. Don't know if you're still bothering to fix things, but here's a heads up if you are.

That is... very embarrassing. I can't believe I forgot to take that out.

I'll put up a new IPS right now.

The late story line seems very... broken. I thought I might do a little exploring as I couldn'nt defeat the Elite Four, and was able to go to; Lilycove sewers - where I promptly reloaded my save as I didn't know what was going on :P -, Gym Island - where I gladly accepted my early Strength HM and left XD - and the Lilycove museum, where I met Barqesh, Landon and May. That doesn't however stop this from being the most enjoyable hack I have ever played. I greatly admire all the scripting you have done, I was thinking this would be much more similar to Pokemon Ruby, like how Pokemon Quartz is. (also a great hack XD)

I do have two more questions though XD
What should I do after the Elite Four? I recieved the call and explored Lilycove finding nothing. Is it time to go back to the sewers?
And how can I obtain Turmur? I have an idea of how Faceleech is obtained if I am reading that clue correctly

After the Elite Four, you need to go all the way through the Sewers.

Damn. I really need to make it impossible for people to get to Gym Island before they've beaten the storyline. I think another update's in order.

Turmur is at the end of the item chain started with the Mush Mask.

Now to explain my broken storyline. Firstly, you played parts of it in the wrong order, which doesn't help. As I've said, you aren't meant to go to Gym Island before having beaten Senex atop the Necropolis. That's something I need to fix. Otherwise, the story is completely insane but makes marginally more sense. It degenerates further and further the more you play, because a) I made it up completely as I went along, and whenever I reached the end of a story I started making up another; b) I wanted it to reflect a sort of degeneration of the human mind; and c) I thought it would be amusing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2014
Well thank you greatly for the help, and the clarification. When I said 'broken', I did mean gameplay wise, in the sense that I could do all of those things before the elite four. The story itself, is simply amazing. Appropriately insane and masterfully told. And all of the humour, all of the references are a part of what make this game, I must say that the Rock Lobster Pokemon was simply genius.

It makes me laugh, a while after discovering it, I started playing my guitar. I wrote this really cool riff, but then I realised that it wasn't my own riff... it was Rock Lobster.

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
Years
Honestly this hack is amazing I think the story and and ideas are great! For so long I've dreamt of a game that incorporates both Pokémon and zombies... While I'm just being picky, I'd like the sprites to be a bit more explicit, but I think that's just my sick mind. I wouldn't mind putting myself forward to make the sprites more clean cut. Honestly though, I've enjoyed this game a lot.

P.S I'm possibly the only person in the world that genuinely likes R/S/E tiles.

Back