Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 7th, 2008, 08:45 AM
~Red
Meh. Hate me if you will.

Nature: Relaxed
Pokemon: The Hokum Trilogy

Hack of:
Gold

Story
Part One
Kyle, a boy living in the region of Hokum is called the day he hits 10 to Proffessor Kip's Pokemon lab. Kip has a job for Kyle, he needs Kyle to deliver the Pokemon Eevee to Professor Oak in Pallet town. As Kyle makes his way to Pallet Town in the Kanto region he meets tough times, gym leaders, team rocket and familiar characters!!

Part Two
This may sound confusing but the events in Part Two happened before Part One, Part Two is just so you understand Part One abit more. Part Two is about Kyle's father Derek. Derek travelled across all the 8 islands of Hokum and defeated the 16 Gym Leaders in the Hokum Region. You play as him as you furfill his journey.

Part Three
This wont make much sence untill you complete Part One and Two but you have to travel to Hoenn to help Marc defeat the Nuron Rangers. This is the hardest in the series and will test your skills to the limits.

Features
- Cross traveling between Hokum, Kanto, Johto and (when i get permission) Rijon.
- New storyline
- New scripts
- New sprites
- Maps are overhauled
- 12 badges to collect
- Battle Halls
- Johto is complete (except Silver Cave and New Bark Town)
- Pokemon Centers have a third and (maybe) fourth floor!!

Battle Halls
There are 4 battle halls in the Johto region: Beginner, Ameteur, Pro and Expert. Battle Halls are buildings across the Johto region with Champions inside. You don't have to battle them but theyre good if you want to get noticed!!

Old Screenshots

Latest Screenshots

Team
Director/Mapper/Superviser - Ashandmisty
Mapper - Arceux
Mapper - Har D Har
Scripter -
Scripter -
Beta tester - Mon94key
Beta tester -
General helper - Black_Phantom

If you would like to join the team, please give proof of work. You are guarenteed a place

Progress Report
Totum Town
COMPLETED TO PLAYABLE STANDARD

Route 1
COMPLETED TO PLAYABLE STANDARD

Gargo Town
Maps
Events
Other

Route 2
Maps
Events
Other

Route 3
Maps
Events
Other

Route 4
Maps
Events
Other

Route 5
Maps
Events
Other

Harricot Town
Maps
Events
Other

Route 6
Maps
Events
Other

Cianwood City
Maps
Events
Other

Olivine City
Maps
Events
Other

Currently working on
Fixing Text Errors
Goldenrod City
Ecruteak City

Previews
Spoiler:

Downloads
Part One V0.1
Coming soon: Part One V0.35

Support

Code:
[URL="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130965"][IMG]http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/5301/861206299361xt8.png[IMG][URL]

Code:
[URL="http://pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130965"][IMG]http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7193/821206195265lr1.png[IMG][URL]
Don't forget to put the / in the last []
~Peace out~

Last edited by ~Red; April 27th, 2008 at 01:16 AM.
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:04 AM
tImE
It's still me, 44tim44 ;)

Great job man
This hack could (in my opinion) get very far.

Put your best in it, it looks awsome :D

//44tim44

PS. LoL 1st post
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:15 AM
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44tim44 View Post
Great job man;)
This hack could (in my opinion) get very far.

Put your best in it, it looks awsome :D

//44tim44

PS. LoL 1st post :P
why thank you!! Here's your reward: I've added Beta V0.1 download to first post!!
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Yay so were does it go up to.
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:21 AM
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcookie _93 View Post
Yay so were does it go up to.
It goes up to Cianwood City, the only errors are some text editing.
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Mitchman

Nature: Hasty
How many badges would that be?
Old April 7th, 2008, 10:19 AM
cpsp
Hack Lover

i quiet like this hack, even though i personally don't normally like g/s/c hacks.
Hope this goes well, put the town is the preview looks like vermillion from the top with added wood gate. Other than thta, this looks great!
I Support:
Shiny Gold
Marble
Thunder Emblem
Destiny
Omega
rijonAdventures
Zephyr
Silver Current
Waterfall
Aurora
Legend Of Fenju
And More!!!
Old April 7th, 2008, 11:28 AM
zel 2.0
Gold Remaker

Nature: Quiet
I see it finally made it to the Showcase, well, I'm happy for that. Hope you can improve more and more, and get good support.

Well, I'll be waiting for more news. Good luck!

Old April 7th, 2008, 12:54 PM
KuwabaraTheMan

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashandmisty View Post
It goes up to Cianwood City, the only errors are some text editing.
Another error I noticed. In the first Pokemon Center, if you talk the right most person, the sprites all get messed up. It fixes if you open the menu or leave, though.

Aside from that, the only other issue I see is that there's very little Pokemon battles (I had to actually actively try to find random battles, and often couldn't), and the Pokemon levels are very high. So when I went into the first Battle Hall, I had my Level 6 Pokemon against a Level 27 one, and lost instantly.

But the actual idea behind the hack is really cool, and I like what you've done so far. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Last edited by KuwabaraTheMan; April 7th, 2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old April 7th, 2008, 02:17 PM
arceux
PokemonGoldenSunVersion

I'm thrilled that someone has made another G/S/C hack. I have a ds Mass Media Player and can't find a Gameboy Advance emulator. I thought Prism was good but for some reason the text really distracted me. If you need help pn anything at all just ask me. By the way, I can help with mapping and stuff and if you need proof just follow the link below.
GoldenSunThread:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133241

If you don't play Mabinogi then you are not awesome like me!!!
Spoiler:

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch
at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a
wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the
rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit
a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter
by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot
slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre

Last edited by arceux; April 7th, 2008 at 02:19 PM. Reason: IDK my BFF Jill
Old April 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
shadowking93
UnStupid

cool hack, the battle hall seems awesome. so, are the leaders in there count for badges(probably not) hope you get Rjion, that would seem awesome with a hack inside a hack! are gonna keep all of the gyms in each reigon? can we see some new sprites cuz i aint got computer memory to download. i just wanna see some more people. awesome hack, keep it up and maybe you get hack of year, month, week, or day! i'd like to see a great hack, as if it isn't already :D

hoho, i am a genius!
Old April 7th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Barker
I'm drifting in deep waters..

Nature: Quiet
Wow. Just.. Wow. Something in the way this is hacked.. Attracts me like no other Hack.. Something in the way it's portrayed.

Beatles are super. Anyway, seriously, awesome looking start to this thread. I said in the HotW thread, and I meant it, this is one of the lone hacks here than really gets me excited about Pokemon, the way it did when I was younger, in the early 00's. Huge supporter here. Keep it up.
Old April 8th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Why there are so many high leveled trainer's pokemon?? The beiginner's battle hall should be just level 6-7 pokemons in there.
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
Old April 8th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Xtinction
Beginning Trainer

I love G/S/C hacks.
Good luck with your hack.
Old April 8th, 2008, 08:57 AM
~Red

Thanks for all your feedback everyone!! The wild pokemon thing, well, in Goldmap it says that everything's fine but for some reason when playing the game, pokemon only come out at night. I thought i gave plenty of places to train anyway? Have you noticed the road leading to the left of Route 1? That leads to a bug infested area with nice lvl 2-7 pokemon!!

Anyway, the battle hall have very high levels because it may say "Beginner's rank" but really thats just saying "the easiest rank", there's more and stronger Battle Halls to come ;)

Can anyone direct me to a trainer battle modifier? If not, I'll have to go through the painful process of trial and error with HEX (I prefer Javascript of all computing languages, some people find HEX easier than others!!)

So...that's all for today!!
Old April 8th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Har D Har
Master Mapper Supreme!

Send a message via Skype™ to Har D Har
Hey, this looks pretty cool. I would really like to apply as a mapper. Here is some of my work:
Ben: Oh, you guys. Stop calling them. You can call me all you want.

Laura: Okay...

Eric: Oh, oh, okay.

Ben: Just don't make it between the times of midnight and 6:00 AM because I am sleeping.

[Andrew laughs]

Ben: And if my speakers go off...

Andrew: [Laughs] No you're not.

Ben: Yeah, well, sometimes I am. Occasionally.

Eric: And people of the world, don't call him on Skype, Sundays between like 3:00 and 8:00 PM because that's when he edits the show.

Andrew: When he does, yeah.

Ben: If you call me...okay...you think a dementor is bad? You think Lord Voldemort is bad? [In deep voice] You haven't felt the wrath of Ben Schoen.
Old April 8th, 2008, 01:01 PM
KuwabaraTheMan

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashandmisty View Post
Thanks for all your feedback everyone!! The wild pokemon thing, well, in Goldmap it says that everything's fine but for some reason when playing the game, pokemon only come out at night. I thought i gave plenty of places to train anyway? Have you noticed the road leading to the left of Route 1? That leads to a bug infested area with nice lvl 2-7 pokemon!!

Anyway, the battle hall have very high levels because it may say "Beginner's rank" but really thats just saying "the easiest rank", there's more and stronger Battle Halls to come ;)
However, even with lots of leveling up, I could only get my Pokemon to around Level 9-10 playing for awhile last night.

There should be trainers or some gradual increase, rather than instantly jumping to Pokemon in the high-20s/low-30s.
Old April 8th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Hat?

I haven't played through much yet as I'm low on time, but I like what I've seen so far (nice tile hacks), I'll give it a proper play-through tomorrow.

Also Presea's Tools might have some useful stuff, TBC (Trainer Battle Customizer, though it's German I think, may be useful).
I might be on tomorrow afternoon to talk and stuff if you're online.
Old April 8th, 2008, 07:59 PM
arceux
PokemonGoldenSunVersion

Yah heres the mapping example that I just PT'd you about
Attached Files
File Type: zip PokemonUnknownNameAlpha0.01.zip‎ (999 Bytes, 22 views) (Save to Dropbox)
GoldenSunThread:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133241

If you don't play Mabinogi then you are not awesome like me!!!
Spoiler:

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch
at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a
wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the
rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit
a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter
by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot
slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre

Old April 9th, 2008, 03:53 AM
!MaX!

Yeah another gold hack!

So far it looks good!(and a little strange)

Although you still have to fix some bugs!

Eeerr just one question!

If I got this correct,your mission is to take the Eevee at Professor Oak!

But what will happen if Eevee is evolved or you lose it or...anything anyway that would get the eevee out of the party?
Old April 9th, 2008, 04:19 AM
~Red

That is something i've took to consideration but when you reach professer Oak he doesnt take the pokemon. Instead, he says the Eevee has grown to like you and you can keep it!! So its up to you what you do to it.

Update: I've built a bridge from Cianwood to Olivine. I may add some trainer battles there. I'm also adding some trainer battles to routes 4 & 5. I'm at school at the moment and for some stupid reason they blocked imagesites so ill decide whether you can become a mapper tonight Har D Har ;)
Old April 9th, 2008, 05:24 AM
!MaX!

Aaaaa edit that man!

It's like a spoiler for what it will happen in the future plot!

Anyway It's a really good hack but....the first trainer at the battle hall had a Machoke 27 lvl....and when I got inside the first gym and faced the first trainer his pokemon were 30 lvl!O_O

Isn't it a little hard for starters?

Anyway I already have a party of 4 pokemon:pidgey,nidorina,pikachu and eevee at 16 lvls, so I think that after a few hours of training I will be able to beat them!

Just something I noticed:

I'm not sure if you put it there on purpose but the fisherman inside that "cave-house" gives you a super rod!

Isn't it a little too soon for that?

P.S.Sorry for my bad english!
Old April 9th, 2008, 07:35 AM
~Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by !MaX! View Post
Aaaaa edit that man!

It's like a spoiler for what it will happen in the future plot!

Anyway It's a really good hack but....the first trainer at the battle hall had a Machoke 27 lvl....and when I got inside the first gym and faced the first trainer his pokemon were 30 lvl!O_O

Isn't it a little hard for starters?

Anyway I already have a party of 4 pokemon:pidgey,nidorina,pikachu and eevee at 16 lvls, so I think that after a few hours of training I will be able to beat them!

Just something I noticed:

I'm not sure if you put it there on purpose but the fisherman inside that "cave-house" gives you a super rod!

Isn't it a little too soon for that?

P.S.Sorry for my bad english!
No need to be sorry, your english is fine!! I was originally going to block that cave off, the warp data isnt finished yet!! The fisherman's house should be in Vermillion, my mistake!!

Har D Har welcome to the team!! I loved your map!! Now, I need some scripters URGENTLY, anyone want to step forward?
Old April 9th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Har D Har
Master Mapper Supreme!

Send a message via Skype™ to Har D Har
Thank you! Well, I am ready to be PMed my assignments.
Ben: Oh, you guys. Stop calling them. You can call me all you want.

Laura: Okay...

Eric: Oh, oh, okay.

Ben: Just don't make it between the times of midnight and 6:00 AM because I am sleeping.

[Andrew laughs]

Ben: And if my speakers go off...

Andrew: [Laughs] No you're not.

Ben: Yeah, well, sometimes I am. Occasionally.

Eric: And people of the world, don't call him on Skype, Sundays between like 3:00 and 8:00 PM because that's when he edits the show.

Andrew: When he does, yeah.

Ben: If you call me...okay...you think a dementor is bad? You think Lord Voldemort is bad? [In deep voice] You haven't felt the wrath of Ben Schoen.
Old April 9th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Pinky Diaper
Beauty - A perfect Picture

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pinky Diaper
I like this hack, it has a nice feeling to it. The maps are a bit to plain but I love a G/S hack, good luck.

|Awesome Banner and Avatar By Loki|
|Hacks I Support: Pokemon Thunder Emblem; Pokemon Mystic Plan|

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links